Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2016, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fez (View Post)
I still think that one day soon we will have a scene that starts with Shamy sleeping in Sheldon's bed - thus making it undeniably clear that intimate sleepover do happen.

ETA: Speaking of which - have we seen Sheldon's bed since the big Howardette reveal?
I don't think so. And I'm convinced he got a new bed after that.
I'm also convinced they haven't had sex again since Opening Night. But I wouldn't be surprised if they did it one more time before the end of this season.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Hello everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, I have been kinda busy between work and a pain in the back. And I am preparing my trip to Japan, leaving tomorrow morning, for two weeks

But I really wanted to come here and say how much I liked yesterday's episode. Not only the Shamy storyline (probably my favorite this season actually) but the episode as a whole.
About the Shamy: I loved that it was just the two of them, and that they found a way to be even more intimate. It is both funny and touching that for the Shamy, real intimacy occurs when they truly open to each other about what is on their mind or their heart.
My only regret is that once again it is Sheldon opening to Amy and not the other way around, but that's me being picky; compared to the other episodes since the Xmas break, this episode was awesome.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:42 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hey Stefi! OMG, YOU'RE GOING TO JAPAN, I'M SOOOO JEALOUS!!! I hope you have an awesome time there

And yes, it is rather regrettable that it is always about Sheldon opening up and not Amy Even though I've accepted it, it does make me sad that the writers don't give Amy more to do beyond her relationship with Sheldon and being his "emotional outhouse"...
IcyBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Fez
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)

And yes, it is rather regrettable that it is always about Sheldon opening up and not Amy Even though I've accepted it, it does make me sad that the writers don't give Amy more to do beyond her relationship with Sheldon and being his "emotional outhouse"...
I feel the same. I wish they'd give Amy a little background story as well. Why is there no father in the picture? Why does she have night terrors etc. etc.? And- most importantly -would Sheldon truly be there for her if she's the one in some kind of a crisis (and I'm not talking about a minor cold).

I mean 4 consecutive Emmy nominations should be enough of a clue for the writers there is a lot of talent wasted there. But oh well, they took 9 years to finally give Simon an episode where he could truly show his talent (and I hope the pregnancy revelation storyline finally earns him his Emmy nom), so we may have to wait a bit longer for an Amy-centric episode.

"The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.".
~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD
Fez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

Hi Stefi!! Wow! That sounds like an exciting trip. Have a great time!!

I don't know why they have to be so insistent on keeping Amy and Bernadette (and even Howard and Raj, actually) as supporting characters. I think they need to use them more, to keep creating more original storylines for, hopefully, a few more seasons to come.

What do we want?
MORE AMY!

When do want it?
NOW!!

Old 04-01-2016, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

I would love a Amy centric storyline but I gave up any hope for something like this at beginning of season 9

And I'm not even sure Simon will finally get his Emmy nomination. He didn't get one when Howards mother died

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 12:41 AM
Fez
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
I would love a Amy centric storyline but I gave up any hope for something like this at beginning of season 9

And I'm not even sure Simon will finally get his Emmy nomination. He didn't get one when Howards mother died
Yes but I think he had more lines in the positive negative reaction (at least that's my impression).

I still have a feeling there hasn't been an episode in s4 yet, where Amy had enough lines to make it her Emmy episode, even if she did excel in the opening night excitation for sure. Although I believe the newest episode does have some great lines in it (and her facial expressions were always spot-on and awesome).

"The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.".
~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD
Fez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 03:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)

This episode makes me wonder how many more secrets Sheldon has yet to reveal. Maybe Amy has some secrets too. I hope one day we get an episode where Amy is going through some difficulty, or reveals something about herself, and Sheldon gets to be the one supporting her.
THIS! I mean, I love that we get to see Amy being such a supportive girlfriend all the time, but come on, writers, flip it around for a change! We all know Sheldon is perfectly capable of being there for her (ahem, "we can find out together"?), and if they are so determined to show him maturing (which I love, don't get me wrong), this would be a perfect way to do it. Plus, we could delve into Amy's life a little bit more. Win-win.
Anglophile79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 04:04 AM
Ultimate Fan

There's so much we don't know of Amy, this could be a gold mine! It frankly baffles me a bit that the writers are unwilling to further delve into the lives of their supporting characters more I hope it's not because they don't think there's anything worth exploring there
Old 04-02-2016, 05:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

If the writers need ideas for an Amy story I've got a million of them. We could meet her dad, possibly brother, high school rival, professor from Harvard, even one of the guys she went out with just to shut her mother up. She has more than a few hobbies or interests that have been mentioned but not yet explored. Let's have another one of her stories maybe inspired by Pride and Prejudice or some obscure Medieval poem. The well is there yall just draw from it!
Old 04-02-2016, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
If the writers need ideas for an Amy story I've got a million of them. We could meet her dad, possibly brother, high school rival, professor from Harvard, even one of the guys she went out with just to shut her mother up. She has more than a few hobbies or interests that have been mentioned but not yet explored. Let's have another one of her stories maybe inspired by Pride and Prejudice or some obscure Medieval poem. The well is there yall just draw from it!
How do we elect you to the writing staff?
Old 04-02-2016, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

Sheldon "hearty eyes" Cooper (tbbt faves)

X

~Susanne ~

Last edited by smoguntia; 04-02-2016 at 11:53 AM
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Ultimate Fan

That little smile as he looks at her in the second gif
Old 04-02-2016, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

Yellow and blue mugs are back.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
Sheldon "hearty eyes" Cooper (tbbt faves)

[URL]http://45.media.tumblr.com/fc7646adb53c5eb6822e8045ee008aa9/tumblr_o4z4t5QFGB1sp0cpeo2_500.gif[/URLL]

http://45.media.tumblr.com/433977de2...0cpeo7_500.gif

X

Am I the only one who fervently wishes Sheldon and Amy had started making out like bunnies on that desk?

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread