Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad to see Lee here, too! And I wonder under what cicrumstances kissing is okay? In life saving circumstances?

Old 11-18-2011, 05:43 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilove (View Post)
Good to see that you're here, Lee! I like so much how this episode made some people to fall in love with the Shamy.

What I said you before, an obligation would be a kiss
how would amy control her loins burning for sheldon, thats what i wanna know bout? lol and would be cool is her mother came into the picture for real this time also!
Old 11-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Master Fan

Thanks everyone I know I was a hold out for a long time, but it was way too precious for me...

now for a kiss

maybe the way the cuddling went would be a good way to lead to a real kiss, but I can wait another year or two
Old 11-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTime (View Post)
Thanks everyone I know I was a hold out for a long time, but it was way too precious for me...

now for a kiss

maybe the way the cuddling went would be a good way to lead to a real kiss, but I can wait another year or two
I can wait too. And I never thought I'd hear you speak this way of the Shamy! I feel like it's a real testament to the Shamy that they converted a longtime die-hard Sheldon Purist!

Old 11-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilove (View Post)
What I said you before, an obligation would be a kiss
Oh yes!
Although I suspect it's forbidden
But Amy is a genius and a vixen, I'm sure she can make things work in her behalf.

I just rewatched the proposal scene again, it really was a touch of genius the dramatic background music!
And the little (yet long) pause Amy did before saying "yes!", like pondering a bit, or savoring the moment, and the hint of emotion in her voice, its just, just

Could this be the most "romantic" (yet the oddest too) scene between a couple in the series?
I mean, all the other couples have had great scenes too, Penny and Leonard are so passionate and fun, Bernie and Howard are very sweet, but Shamy....... I just don't know, they are really unique
Old 11-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutiepiecooper (View Post)
how would amy control her loins burning for sheldon, thats what i wanna know bout? lol and would be cool is her mother came into the picture for real this time also!
Oh, your post reminded me her mother! I believe I cannot use the word Shamykinda-sorta-mother-in-law anymore

L/P has kisses all the seasons (except this season, but just now), so I think the Shamy could get another kiss in this season. Also, what is the next step?
Old 11-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, you're right, no more kinda-sorta. That makes me a bit sad, but now...OFFICIAL EVERYTHING! Aside from mother-in-law, I guess, since you have to be married for that.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyele (View Post)
Oh yes!
Although I suspect it's forbidden
But Amy is a genius and a vixen, I'm sure she can make things work in her behalf.

I just rewatched the proposal scene again, it really was a touch of genius the dramatic background music!
And the little (yet long) pause Amy did before saying "yes!", like pondering a bit, or savoring the moment, and the hint of emotion in her voice, its just, just

Could this be the most "romantic" (yet the oddest too) scene between a couple in the series?
I mean, all the other couples have had great scenes too, Penny and Leonard are so passionate and fun, Bernie and Howard are very sweet, but Shamy....... I just don't know, they are really unique
unique indeed! amy's little pause was awesome, and it just threw sheldon, and he gave stuart a dollar was so funny, lol LMAO.. i thought after she said that the agreement was romantic, i thought she would go in for a kiss! lol
Old 11-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutiepiecooper (View Post)
unique indeed! amy's little pause was awesome, and it just threw sheldon, and he gave stuart a dollar was so funny, lol LMAO.. i thought after she said that the agreement was romantic, i thought she would go in for a kiss! lol
I loved the tone of voice when she said that, too.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:14 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I loved the tone of voice when she said that, too.
yep and she looked so pretty for some reason in this episode!

also was funny, how sheldon got into the apartmen, and said is this the nagging i expect from this now we are boyfriend girlfriend, along the lines of that! lol was just so priceless! lol
Old 11-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I can wait too. And I never thought I'd hear you speak this way of the Shamy! I feel like it's a real testament to the Shamy that they converted a longtime die-hard Sheldon Purist!
You're telling me?! I am more shocked than anyone
Again I think it is because this is abelievable pairing for Sheldon and I also feel they took their time with them.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTime (View Post)
You're telling me?! I am more shocked than anyone
Again I think it is because this is abelievable pairing for Sheldon and I also feel they took their time with them.
When I was a Sheldon Purist, I said I'd only be able to tolerate it if they did it exactly right. And I feel that they have.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Absolute Fan

The writers are doing an amazing job. Really. They took the time and developed this since season 3 finale. They gave Amy's character time to develop and get to be known and Sheldon space and challenges to make this moment believable. I love that they had the patience and were able to find an actress like Mayim who is so good at working with Jim and made the Shamy a believable and endearing relationship. If you asked me at Season 3 if I though this could ever be possible I would have said: never!! but here we are, season 5 and it feels SO natural, So organic to the characters and the stories that I can only think how awesome this show's writers and actors are
Old 11-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)
The writers are doing an amazing job. Really. They took the time and developed this since season 3 finale. They gave Amy's character time to develop and get to be known and Sheldon space and challenges to make this moment believable. I love that they had the patience and were able to find an actress like Mayim who is so good at working with Jim and made the Shamy a believable and endearing relationship. If you asked me at Season 3 if I though this could ever be possible I would have said: never!! but here we are, season 5 and it feels SO natural, So organic to the characters and the stories that I can only think how awesome this show's writers and actors are
THIS. They're good, no doubt about that, but I think this is the first time they've pulled something off flawlessly. Shamy is their masterpiece.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:43 PM
New Fan

Watching the development of Shamy, you can tell how much meticulous thought and effort the writers put into creating a relationship for Sheldon that would both be true to the character but also something the fans would want to "root" for. That's why I could never ship Shenny: the whole premise of it is almost based on wanting him with someone who would "fix" him or force him to change dramatically, and I would have HATED it if they butchered Sheldon that way With Amy, Sheldon will always have the freedom to be himself, cause unlike everyone else, even his own mother, Amy completely "gets" him.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread