Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2015, 09:37 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the sweet gifs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
mmh, a topic for the hiatus.

- our favorite scene or quote from season 8 so far
- any expections what should happen shamyvise in the rest of the season and in the season finale. Who will leave during the summer?
- do you think Sheldon needed his little trip in the the summer to come to terms how he feels about Amy?
Fave scene: I'm going to say number 1 the hug from 8.17, then the "I love you too" scene, and third the scene in the shopping mall with Sheldon and Bernadette.

Fave quote: the "a lot of things I never thought possible…" line was lovely. "The only conclusion was love" might be my absolute favourite, but I also love Sheldon's lines talking about Amy in 8.11, ending with "I enjoy how harp music causes her fingers to dance, as if she's playing along." That scene is very special to me, partly because I was at that taping and sitting towards the side where the mall set was, so I got a lovely live view as he said it.

Expectations: we ought to get at least one Shamy kiss this season. That's about it. This season has been full of Shamy, so I don't know if we can expect a Shamy finale. We've had loads of small (and not so small) steps, so I don't think we need a big finale event this year, not that I'd complain if we got one. As for someone leaving for the summer - it seems like we should have a break from that, although Jess's idea of having Penny leave is interesting. How about it being one of the girls leaving this time, if anybody has to go.

Sheldon's feelings: I was thinking about this last night. When did he realise he was in love? Because by the time he said "I love you, too" to Amy he was obviously used to and comfortable with that fact for himself. Potentially he could have been realising this gradually for years. Maybe when he said "I like you for who you are…" he already had an idea. But he had that line in the S7 finale: "my girlfriend loves me so much…" I wonder if that started him thinking, so yes, the train trip or when he returned from it and got back to Amy, might have been when he drew his conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglophile79 (View Post)
-Even though the train trip hasn't been directly linked to the Shamy progress this season, I do think it played a big part of it. With all that time to himself, we know Sheldon would've done a lot of thinking, and how could he not think about Amy? She was probably at the forefront of this thoughts. I believe Sheldon was already falling in love LONG before his train trip, but I would imagine that was where he really tried to process what was happening to him. He seemed to be fighting his feelings for Amy so hard towards the end of S7. But once he came back (and had reached the point where the only conclusion was love), he was so much more relaxed and happier than he'd been. We see it in the Shamy/Lenny double date in 8.03 very strongly. And then once he actually told Amy he loves her, it was even more so. They've become a team again, on the same page, relaxed, happy, and able to give in to the relationship more. And it's been wonderful.
Agree with all of this - great analysis.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

I agree with all of your thoughts and try to add some of my own

Fav scenes: The I love you and the hug (and a honorable mention for Shamys christmas presents)

Fav quotes: "The only conclusion was love" and "It means that we care so much about each other, there's enough left over for an eight-ounce reptile" Sheldon cares so much for Amy and his heart is s full of love that there is still some love left for a pet. And Sheldon who normaly is so privat and hates to tell others about his feelings, hasn't any problems to tell his friends that they care about each other. If this isn't progress

Expectations: we got so much this season so I wouldn't be disappointed if we wouldn't get many scenes until the end of the seasons anymore. A kiss would be nice and perhaps if they could talk about living arrangements in the sesaon finale that would be great. I mean they declared their love and they are already planing their future together. Sheldon looks so happy when he is around Amy, I think he should be ready now to think about Amy moving in with him.
I think that storyline about Sheldon and Leonard and their paper isn't over yet and they could leave for the summer. Perhaps the girls will accompany them and they will have a couples holiday

Sheldons Trip last summer: I think it was good for him. He didn't leave because of Amy but she was one of the reasons for his breakdown. He needed that time to come clear about a lot of things. His feelings for Amy were one of them. And it seems he came to the conclusion that he needs her in his life and wants to spend his future with her.
And he was so much more relaxed after he came back, Shamy had so many cute scenes right in the beginning and it was palable that they were falling in love - every day more and more.

~Susanne ~
Old 03-16-2015, 03:04 PM
Master Fan

Yay, Shamy made it into the Sweet 16
vote them into the Elite 8, I think they never made it this far before!

Zimbio TV Couples March Madness Challenge 2015 - Zimbio

~Susanne ~
Old 03-16-2015, 03:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Maybe this is the year March Madness doesn't break my heart!
Sorry I haven't answered the discussion questions, but I A: can't make up my mind and B: would just be repeating after others.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If Shamy goes on to the Elite Eight, they'll probably be up against Castle and Beckett. I think they might have a good chance to make it to the Final Four!

~Heidi
Old 03-16-2015, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yay, Shamy made it into the Sweet 16
vote them into the Elite 8, I think they never made it this far before!

Zimbio TV Couples March Madness Challenge 2015 - Zimbio
Voted! Shamy was the only couple I voted for that are winning.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Something to add to the hiatus discussion:

How do you think Sheldon and Amy might celebrate their upcoming FIVE-year anniversary?

With the inflection of Penny, "discuss."
Old 03-17-2015, 12:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Five years, five important places in their relationship. The coffee shop where they met, restaurant where they had their first actual date, theater where Sheldon asked Amy to be his girlfriend, her apartment (first fascinating kiss, cuddling, signing the RA, taking care of her flu) his apartment (ending their first dispute, D&D, ILY) I would say the train, but I have concerns about Sheldon getting distracted again.

Last edited by Captain Riterra Smith; 03-17-2015 at 05:05 PM
Old 03-17-2015, 12:45 PM
Elite Fan

I can't believe it's almost been 5 years. Where has the time gone!?
Old 03-17-2015, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

Oh yes, important places, great idea.
Sheldon asks Amy out into the Cafe were they first met and "with the understanding that everything changes whatsoever, physical or otherwise" he present her a new revised RelAg

~Susanne ~
Old 03-17-2015, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh yes, important places, great idea.
Sheldon asks Amy out into the Cafe were they first met and "with the understanding that everything changes whatsoever, physical or otherwise" he present her a new revised RelAg
Amy tells Sheldon, "You should know that all forms of physical contact up to and including coitus are ON the table!"

I like the important places idea, but I would also like to see Sheldon tell Amy that he wants to celebrate their anniversary with a significant event that is a key part in the development of any couple's relationship. And then he invites her to go with him to Texas to meet his family and especially his Meemaw.

~Heidi
Old 03-17-2015, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

#MeetingMeemaw And of course they will go to Texas by train

~Susanne ~
Old 03-17-2015, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
#MeetingMeemaw And of course they will go to Texas by train
Actually - I would really love it if the people leaving during this summer hiatus were Sheldon and Amy - and for exactly this purpose - to introduce his girlfriend to the family. But I don't want it to be done like most of the trips are - where they leave on the last episode of this season and return on the first episode of next season. I want us to see at least some of the Texas welcome for Amy! And get to meet more of Sheldon's family.

~Heidi
Old 03-17-2015, 04:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
Five years, five important places in their relationship. The coffee shop where they met, restaurant where they had their first actual date, theater where Sheldon asked Amy to be his girlfriend, her apartment (first fascinating kiss, cuddling, signing the RA, taking care of her flu) his apartment (ending their first dispute, D&D, ILY) I would say the train, but I have concerns about Sheldon getting distracted again.
I LOVE that! Yes, I could totally see Sheldon planning a detailed trip down (eidetic) memory lane. I think the coffee shop should absolutely be revisited, and maybe they can reminisce about what they was going through their heads that first day they met.

And YES, Meemaw, too! Even after Sheldon's trip last summer, yes, I'd think he'd still want to take the train (considering his turbulent flight to Texas last time, and a very successful train trip with Amy). Amy could also meet Missy, and Sheldon's nephew, and Mary can sit down with Sheldon and ask, "Now, Shelly, you've been courtin' that girl for five years now. When are you gonna pop the question, already?"
Old 03-17-2015, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglophile79 (View Post)
I LOVE that! Yes, I could totally see Sheldon planning a detailed trip down (eidetic) memory lane. I think the coffee shop should absolutely be revisited, and maybe they can reminisce about what they was going through their heads that first day they met.

And YES, Meemaw, too! Even after Sheldon's trip last summer, yes, I'd think he'd still want to take the train (considering his turbulent flight to Texas last time, and a very successful train trip with Amy). Amy could also meet Missy, and Sheldon's nephew, and Mary can sit down with Sheldon and ask, "Now, Shelly, you've been courtin' that girl for five years now. When are you gonna pop the question, already?"
You're reading my mind!

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread