Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2015, 04:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Yup, 24 for me too please
Old 01-04-2015, 09:24 AM
Loyal Fan

On a side note, over the holidays I did a binge watch of season 1 because it had been a good while since I'd watched those early episodes. I forgot how un-Sheldon Sheldon is during the first few eps! They didn't seem to firmly establish his character until the end of season 1, and more so by season 2. At least, that's how I see it. Anyway, what I kept track of was how many times Sheldon actually smiled in the first season, and it wasn't that much. I only noted 8 episodes where there was a smile or laugh. He probably smiled the most in the supermarket in Luminous Fish, and when they got the time machine in Nerdvana Annihilation. But most of the smiles were small ones. I saw absolutely nothing that resembled the high-wattage smiles he gives to Amy! Not to mention, Sheldon is just a happier person now-he smiles more at everyone. And most of that has to do with Amy being in his life! It was cool to see that comparison more clearly.

Also, really funny watching Sheldon try to calm down Leonard who was having a panic attack over his date with Penny. I was thinking, "Haha, that's going to be you in seven years, Shelly!"
Old 01-04-2015, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglophile79 (View Post)
On a side note, over the holidays I did a binge watch of season 1 because it had been a good while since I'd watched those early episodes. I forgot how un-Sheldon Sheldon is during the first few eps! They didn't seem to firmly establish his character until the end of season 1, and more so by season 2. At least, that's how I see it. Anyway, what I kept track of was how many times Sheldon actually smiled in the first season, and it wasn't that much. I only noted 8 episodes where there was a smile or laugh. He probably smiled the most in the supermarket in Luminous Fish, and when they got the time machine in Nerdvana Annihilation. But most of the smiles were small ones. I saw absolutely nothing that resembled the high-wattage smiles he gives to Amy! Not to mention, Sheldon is just a happier person now-he smiles more at everyone. And most of that has to do with Amy being in his life! It was cool to see that comparison more clearly.

Also, really funny watching Sheldon try to calm down Leonard who was having a panic attack over his date with Penny. I was thinking, "Haha, that's going to be you in seven years, Shelly!"
Loved all of this but especially the bold part. Definitely a case of what goes around comes around

~Heidi
Old 01-04-2015, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

Gosh, Susanne - what are you trying to do to us with that collage?! Thank you!

I'm torn between 10 and 22 for this round. Looks like 24 is going to be next anyway, but if not I suppose I'll go with 22??
I know 24 is sad, but I love Amy saying "If not, you and I could live together" too much to vote for that one just yet, not to mention "My girlfriend loves me so much…"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglophile79 (View Post)

Absolutely agree. And that's a great point about the panic attack! Haha, Sheldon - just you wait! It's always great looking back at older episodes in the light of recent developments. Even watching the CBS gift of the SIK on New Year's Day, I felt there was more to get from it since seeing the ILYs. We now have confirmation that there was love behind that kiss, even if we may have believed it before. I'm sure that those feelings were already there for both of them, although maybe it was the kiss that first prompted Sheldon to start to realise his feelings.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Looking back does get sweeter every time we get a huge development. I dare to go all the way back to Sheldon asking Amy to be his girlfriend and declare that it was not merely to keep her away from Stuart. He loved her! Cuddling when the girls left Amy out? Love.

And as for the vote. 24 because Sheldon fleeing after saying outloud Amy loves him, causing Amy to cry and beat Leonard, not cool.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Total Fan

Just knowing that they both love each other makes those past milestones and will make future milestones all the more endearing!

And I vote #12 for the survivor

~ Katie
Old 01-05-2015, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

We have 4 votes for #24, 2 for #22, 2 for #12 and 1 for #10 now.

Question: we are voting for the second best after Locomotive Manipulation, right? So theoretically we could vote #15 off?

~Susanne ~
Old 01-05-2015, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
We have 4 votes for #24, 2 for #22, 2 for #12 and 1 for #10 now.

Question: we are voting for the second best after Locomotive Manipulation, right? So theoretically we could vote #15 off?
I don't think we want to "vote #15 off" - I think we should declare it #1 by unanimous declaration - unless someone objects.

So, essentially, it should not be on the list.

~Heidi
Old 01-05-2015, 09:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I don't think we want to "vote #15 off" - I think we should declare it #1 by unanimous declaration - unless someone objects.

Agreed, and thank you for clarifying that. I figured we were doing 2nd best moment, but it's nice to be sure.

(Also posting this to keep thread from going to page 2)
Old 01-05-2015, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)

Hang on a minute! I didn't know we were doing 2nd best! Why not just leave it in and find out if everyone ranks it #1 or not? Even if we know it'll win, it's still interesting to compare and see how close others come. And we'll still find out which comes 2nd, 3rd, etc.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:44 AM
Master Fan

No vote since 24 hours #24 is gone

Next round

1. The Hofstadter Insufficiency - eliminated in Round 6
2. The Deception Verification - eliminated in Round 8
3. The Scavenger Vortex - eliminated in Round 4
4. The Raiders Minimization
5. The Workplace Proximity
6. The Romance Resonance
7. The Proton Displacement
8. The Itchy Brain Simulation - eliminated in Round 9
9. The Thanksgiving Decoupling
10. The Discovery Dissipation
11. The Cooper Extraction
12. The Hesitation Ramification - 1 vote
13. The Occupation Recalibration -eliminated in Round 3
14. The Convention Conundrum - eliminated in Round 1
15. The Locomotive Manipulation -
16. The Table Polarization
17. The Friendship Turbulence - eliminated in Round 7
18. The Mommy Observation - eliminated in Round 5
19. The Indecision Amalgamation
20. The Relationship Diremption
21. The Anything Can Happen Recurrence
22. The Proton Transmogrification - 1 vote
23. The Gorilla Dissolution - eliminated in Round 2
24. The Status Quo Combustion eliminated in Round 10

Have fun

~Susanne ~
Old 01-06-2015, 11:51 AM
Addicted Fan

I vote for 9 now, because the ass slapping and the slaves conversation were definitely not my favorite Shamy moments of the year. Although, the "Ain't she great?" comment made me very happy, but it is getting more and more difficult to choose.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HausofJam (View Post)
omg please count me into this ship!!
Welcome to Shamyland!
Old 01-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Master Fan

My vote goes to 21 because except from the moment with the fortune teller and Sheldon gulping the Shamy scenes weren't so great. And I wasn't a big fan of Amy abandoning Sheldon either

~Susanne ~
Old 01-06-2015, 04:35 PM
Loyal Fan

#10 because there really wasn't much of any Shamy in that one if I remember correctly.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread