Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register
Old 11-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
VERY true. It's even more huge from Sheldon. Question for you all-do you feel Sheldon would act this way around any female now, at least every female he doesn't hate, or are these changes in him only applicable to Amy? Personally, I feel these changes are not him changing in general, but him changing because of Amy, who she is, and due to the way he values her. But I know that opinion is not unanimous-what do you guys think?
I hope this doesn't sound just as delusional shipper words, but I think he is doing all this alien stuff just for her.
I always scratch a bit my head when I read about Sheldon "changing and turning into human", because, in my opinion, he had always been like that! Yes, he is aloof and distant, and arrogant, and selfish, and complicated, but everytime he express or shows a nice feature or does an act of kindness, it's not a revelation that comes out of nowhere, that kindness has always been inside of him, he is a genuinely good man, IMO.

Now, when it comes to Amy, he really behaves differently, and, until this point, it's just with her. He overlooks things he doesn't like because of her, he can negotiate with her in a way we have never seen with anyone else, he respects and thinks highly of her for real, he does things he absolutely dislike just to help or please her, he put up with her personalitly threats he's not so keen of (like wanting to get physically intimate with other guys, or worse, with him! ), and most importantly: There's nothing for him in all those things except the fact that he can continue being close to her., he doesn't do those things following some social convention, not because he felt guilty or obligued to, it's everything just for her.

And he is doing all those things without stopping being the same old selfish, irritating Sheldon for all the others around him
Old 11-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyele (View Post)
I hope this doesn't sound just as delusional shipper words, but I think he is doing all this alien stuff just for her.
I always scratch a bit my head when I read about Sheldon "changing and turning into human", because, in my opinion, he had always been like that! Yes, he is aloof and distant, and arrogant, and selfish, and complicated, but everytime he express or shows a nice feature or does an act of kindness, it's not a revelation that comes out of nowhere, that kindness has always been inside of him, he is a genuinely good man, IMO.

Now, when it comes to Amy, he really behaves differently, and, until this point, it's just with her. He overlooks things he doesn't like because of her, he can negotiate with her in a way we have never seen with anyone else, he respects and thinks highly of her for real, he does things he absolutely dislike just to help or please her, he put up with her personalitly threats he's not so keen of (like wanting to get physically intimate with other guys, or worse, with him! ), and most importantly: There's nothing for him in all those things except the fact that he can continue being close to her., he doesn't do those things following some social convention, not because he felt guilty or obligued to, it's everything just for her.

And he is doing all those things without stopping being the same old selfish, irritating Sheldon for all the others around him
Agreed! To be honest, I couldn't ship Shamy if Sheldon changed in general. That would feel to odd for me. But these little changes, for her? I can handle doing this before Thursday because I already feel that way.

July 14, 2014 ~ Kacy Catanzaro qualifies for Mount Midoriyama!
Old 11-15-2011, 03:49 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
VERY true. It's even more huge from Sheldon. Question for you all-do you feel Sheldon would act this way around any female now, at least every female he doesn't hate, or are these changes in him only applicable to Amy? Personally, I feel these changes are not him changing in general, but him changing because of Amy, who she is, and due to the way he values her. But I know that opinion is not unanimous-what do you guys think?
You know it's funny, for the longest time I saw Sheldon as a parallel of Beverly, in that no matter how much others may care about them and try to please them, they'd never do anything they didn't want to do for anyone else. And then Amy came along, and a major divergence came: whereas Beverly would never even give physical affection to her own son (he had to build that hug machine remember?), Sheldon would spend the whole night cuddling and soothing Amy even though it scared the heck out of him. So yes, absolutely I'd say the change in him is for Amy and Amy alone: no one else, not even his best friend, can get him to do the things she's been able to. And that's why I love her for him

Last edited by Amy Farrah Cooper; 11-15-2011 at 03:57 PM
Old 11-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Rockyele - I completely agree. Sheldon has always come across as kind-hearted for anyone really in need, it's just that he's supercilious most of the time with those around him because he just can't identify with much of what they're about. In Amy's case, that obstacle is removed, because she is after all of his own 'species', and I don't think he ever believed he would find such a person. So minor differences and 'transgressions' become easier to overlook.

For some strange reason, they sometimes remind me of the mammoth on the verge of extinction in Ice Age 2, who miraculously finds his partner - the only other existing mammoth - and they become soulmates.

Animals again.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:04 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomita (View Post)
For some strange reason, they sometimes remind me of the mammoth on the verge of extinction in Ice Age 2, who miraculously finds his partner - the only other existing mammoth - and they become soulmates.

Animals again.
THIS
Old 11-15-2011, 04:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Farrah Cooper (View Post)
You know it's funny, for the longest time I saw Sheldon as a parallel of Beverly, in that no matter how much others may care about them and try to please them, they'd never do anything they didn't want to do for anyone else. And then Amy came along, and a major divergence came: whereas Beverly would never even give physical affection to her own son (he had to build that hug machine remember?), Sheldon would spend the whole night cuddling and soothing Amy even though it scared the heck out of him. So yes, absolutely I'd say the change in him is for Amy and Amy alone, no one else, not even his best friend, can get him to do the things she's been able to. And that's why I love her for him
You said it very well Amy
Oh!, and welcome!, I'm Linda.

Sheldon has done good things before for his friends: he practically saved Leonard's life, drove Penny all the way to the hospital, lend her money, gave Raj a job, let Howard have his spot, yes, but there was always a "reason" behind all those acts, common sense, humanity (come on!, not even Sheldon as his most heartless would have let Leonard explode or Penny bleeding in the shower), a natural dettachment to money, a sense of superiority, guilt. And behind all those reasons lies the genuine love he had developed for all of them.

But, Amy, she was suffering of a very different kind of problem, she was not physically hurt or in danger, he didn't owed her nothing and would have got nothing out of helping her. She was just sad. Sad for something he didn't understand, and she asked her a useless, non-practical act, just to stay there and comfort her in some way, and he agreed! That's why I think it's special.

He left behind his lego fun time for her, twice! that's very, very telling.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Supreme Fan

I really don't think the writers are going to make the same mistakes that other writers have with these type relationships. Not that the SHAMY is a common pairing or anything, they are unique so I honestly am not concerned on what they have planned. I believe they will take it slow and test the waters without jumping right in. They have so much potential with this situation and storyline that they need to be thankful with this opportunity.

☆Krys ☆
Old 11-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topherkraz78 (View Post)
I really don't think the writers are going to make the same mistakes that other writers have with these type relationships. Not that the SHAMY is a common pairing or anything, they are unique so I honestly am not concerned on what they have planned. I believe they will take it slow and test the waters without jumping right in. They have so much potential with this situation and storyline that they need to be thankful with this opportunity.
I get what you mean, and I agree. I totally trust the writers with the Shamy, and I know that'll treat this unique couple in a unique way.
#Raj/LucyTBBTS8
Old 11-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Supreme Fan

"Let's bounce, bitches!" and I mean with this thread.

☆Krys ☆
Old 11-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

Setting the record for the fatest killed Shamythread. So proud of us, guys!

Let's kill this thing!
#Raj/LucyTBBTS8
Old 11-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Do you want to open the next thread, Brit or Krys ?

Let's kill the thread !!

Lenny♥ | Yelena&Valek | Oliver Felicity | Kimmie&Richard | Shamy

icon by MaybeLove.| Gina~.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:48 PM
Supreme Fan

I wanna! If I get to that point! Unless someone else wants.

☆Krys ☆
Old 11-15-2011, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

You can go for it once we get there, Krys.
#Raj/LucyTBBTS8
Old 11-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
You can go for it once we get there, Krys.
SWEET! Thanks!

here it is..

The Shamy (Sheldon&Amy) #13: Because 'She is NOT for you!.....Not for YOU!' - Sheldon

☆Krys ☆

Last edited by topherkraz78; 11-15-2011 at 05:58 PM
Old 11-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Go ahead Krys !!

Lenny♥ | Yelena&Valek | Oliver Felicity | Kimmie&Richard | Shamy

icon by MaybeLove.| Gina~.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top