Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2014, 05:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

It tickles me just how Sheldon melts, passionately enthralled under the guidance of Amy who is purely methodical and remote. He is loathe to admit there's someone at the door, annoyed that any sane person would disrupt this blissful moment. Amy on her part is hilariously dismissive. "That doesn't interest me. Goodbye." I'd love to see this 'Amy in control, Sheldon not so much' dynamic return.
As for Sheldon asking Amy to take his side against the chair of death, well I guess he made good on his end of the deal if on a train counts as somewhere she's never been kissed before. So that ties it up nice!
Old 07-27-2014, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
It tickles me just how Sheldon melts, passionately enthralled under the guidance of Amy who is purely methodical and remote. He is loathe to admit there's someone at the door, annoyed that any sane person would disrupt this blissful moment. Amy on her part is hilariously dismissive. "That doesn't interest me. Goodbye." I'd love to see this 'Amy in control, Sheldon not so much' dynamic return.
As for Sheldon asking Amy to take his side against the chair of death, well I guess he made good on his end of the deal if on a train counts as somewhere she's never been kissed before. So that ties it up nice!
I never thought of that connection! Nice!

~Heidi
Old 07-27-2014, 07:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'll be honest it took me this long to put it together but I'm glad it's out there now.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah great connection Captain!
Old 07-29-2014, 03:09 AM
Master Fan

Ah, yeah - that's nice. Quite satisfying.

That reminds me, when there were spoilers flying around for 7.15 (I'm not bitter. I'm over it. Ahem...) I saw something where someone had referred to them going to Salt Lake City - I think it was supposed to be to protect the unspoiled... like we couldn't crack that code. (Apologies if that was anyone on here. I don't think it was, but no offence intended.) Much as some people are driven insane by trying to resist spoilers, unwanted spoilers are just so infuriating. Never mind. New season - new spoilers to avoid. Happy face!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:56 PM
Total Fan

I made a gifset with the Shamy from Sheldon's perspective! I'd love to know what you think cause I'm thinking of doing an Amy one too!

Shamy Through Sheldon's Eyes

~ Katie
Old 07-30-2014, 11:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah that was me about salt lake city

I was so excited about the kiss I couldn't think straight! I think I corrected it after I calmed down!
Old 07-31-2014, 12:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by What's a hickey? (View Post)
I made a gifset with the Shamy from Sheldon's perspective! I'd love to know what you think cause I'm thinking of doing an Amy one too!

Thats sweet

~Susanne ~
Old 07-31-2014, 07:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

Love it!
Old 07-31-2014, 07:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Sweet! That was a really nice idea. Look forward to Amy's.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

That's really sweet!
Old 08-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Total Fan

Thanks everyone

Photoshop is currently down on my computer, but once I get it up and running again, I will do an Amy one!

~ Katie
Old 08-03-2014, 04:06 AM
Master Fan

Roommate Transmogrification

Looking back on this episode from where we are now, what struck me is how similar Amy was to Sheldon at this time, with her derisive attitude to Bernadette's PhD and her "That doesn't interest me. Goodbye." This isn't a new observation, but it just reminded me how it has been Amy's growth and change (largely influenced, I think, by the other girls, but also her interaction with the rest of the group and Sheldon himself) which has led Sheldon's development. I like that it has never been a case that Amy just turned up and started influencing and changing Sheldon - they're both growing together, it's just that Amy has been somewhat ahead of him. It's not just that Amy has had a huge influence on Sheldon, but their relationship has had a huge influence on them both.

Infestation Hypothesis
The main thing I always noticed in this episode was that Sheldon didn't refuse Amy's request that he kiss her where she'd never been kissed before, just tried to clarify what she meant - suggesting he was willing to do it.

One of my favourite parts is the bit at Amy's door: "You are aware that your ritualistic knocking behaviour..." I always enjoy any references to Amy understanding what's going on in Sheldon's brain. Hopefully, we'll get more of that next season, and I'm wondering if we'll see some of this when Sheldon returns - Amy showing some understanding of why he had to leave. Or perhaps it will be Sheldon's turn to show Amy some understanding, realising he may have hurt her when he left. It will be interesting to see if she did actually feel hurt by him leaving, but I'm thinking it's more likely that she'll understand his reasons and that he didn't leave because of her.
I still can't believe we haven't seen Amy get Sheldon in a brain scanner yet - I've been waiting for that for about three years! I'm sure she'd love to study him and his incredible brain.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

And we are continuing with week 10 of our Watch-A-Thon

~Susanne ~
Old 08-04-2014, 07:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Leonard is Sheldon's best friend. The man was a social cripple before Leonard moved in. In spite of how frustrating it can be to handle Sheldon, he knows he needs his buddy. But when Leonard mentions his groin after musing that he had a good time with Amy, HIYA!!! "Not for you!" Sheldon has never been so violently possessive of anyone he insists on calling a friend. If this happens to be the first time Amy has caused one man to strike another so much the better! I bet Penny was so proud.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread