Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2013, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Season Seven General Discussion

Alright, like we had for season five and season six, here is the general discussion thread for TBBT season seven!
  1. Please do not discuss any spoilers for unaired episodes. Remember 's spoiler policy; those rules are the rules that we go off of.
  2. Feel free to discuss things that you hope season seven will bring.
  3. Once the season starts to air, you're welcome to express happiness or dissatisfaction with how things are going.
  4. Remember that people will (and are allowed to) disagree with you no matter how you feel about the season. Remember that disagreement will lead to discussion, and that's what this forum is here for.
  5. Remember Wil Wheaton's advice of what not to be when you're disagreeing with someone. Respectfully disagree, and explain why you feel that way. Prefacing a rude post with "no offense, but" does not negate rudeness.
  6. Have fun, because we're talking about a pretty awesome sitcom.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:24 AM
Ultimate Fan

I predict a Sheldon-initiated hug or cuddle for Amy. Not a kiss. Nuh-uh, not yet, the writers will milk that into season 8. But a hug, yes.
ShamyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread, Nicole!

My season seven couples predictions:

- Shamy: Yes, a Sheldon-initiated hug is a definite possibility, or some form of Sheldon-initiated physical contact with Amy. I agree it's too soon for the SIK, but I for the sake of continuity, if Sheldon is truly "working on it", he'll need to make some sort of initiation. Sheldon is dedicated and relentless with anything he is working on, and this should be no different.

- L/P: Again, for the sake of logical progression I think we need Penny's proposal this season. To have her drag her feet for an entire year will be a bit too much. It can be towards the end of the season, but I need Penny down on one knee!

- H/B - This one is a bit tougher. Since they are married, pregnancy is sort of the elephant in the room for this couple. But I really don't want to see Bernadette pregnant. I'd like to see some more discussion, but I'd also like to see Bernadette stick to her guns on this point. If there must be a compromise, I think I'd like to see them seriously discuss adoption - and maybe consider adopting a special needs child or something like that. If we can get pregnancy out of the way, what I'd really like to see is some sort of career or family crisis. Or maybe a combination. Maybe something like Howard's mother has a health crisis that requires lots of care. Rather than put her in a nursing facility, Howard opts to quit his job (since he's only making a pittance, after all). Howard's mom has always been a big issue in that relationship, but I think a storyline like this could point out that, deep down, despite all his invective, Howard really does love his mom.

- Raj - This one is a bit obvious. With his new ability to talk to women, Raj will be making up for lost time. His inner jerk will come out a bit, I think, and he'll probably get slapped - or at least certainly shot down - more than once, and hopefully in very funny ways. I see him going to the guys for advice. First Howard (which will be disastrous), then Leonard - who will try to be helpful, but I think Leonard got really lucky with Penny - he's certainly not a font of knowledge where women are concerned. At this point, I think I'd like to see Raj get advice from either Bernadette or Sheldon. Bernadette would be a sort of sweet choice - and harkens back to the huge crush he had on her. It might be a nice resolution to that if Bernadette helps Raj find a woman of his own. But I'd also like to see him go to the least obvious choice - Sheldon. Somehow, I think it's feasible that Sheldon could - from his little bit of experience - give Raj the best advice. I think Raj's biggest problem with women will be that he's trying too hard to be "cool" or "manly" when he just needs to be his sweet and quirky self. If there's one thing Sheldon has mastered, it's being himself - no matter what.

Other predictions:

Penny - I'd like to see some serious acting jobs for her. Nothing big or breakthrough, but enough to give her credibility as an actress. I think this will also put her on a more secure footing with Leonard, if she's no longer "just a waitress". It could also provide some conflict in their relationship if she now has to make decisions to choose between a budding career and an evolving relationship.

Sheldon - I'd like to see an odd, burgeoning friendship between Sheldon and Kripke. Sheldon likes to think of himself as tops in everything, but he has been known to recognize and respect those who are truly above him - Stephen Hawking in particular, but there have been other situations where he has gone to a symposium specifically to see some other renowned scientist. I'd like to see Sheldon recognize that Kripke might have something of significance to bring to their partnership. It would be begrudgingly at first, of course. But again, I think deep down, Sheldon isn't fooled by his own hype.

Amy - Amy's career is a bit up in the air, since she was pulled from the addiction study. I'd like to see some follow-up on that. She might even get upset enough that she resigns from UCLA and looks for a job at Cal-Tech. This could potentially lead to some conflicts if Sheldon feels that brings her a bit too close for comfort.

I'd be very surprised, but also very pleased, if any of this comes true. I'm not usually a very good prognosticator.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Why ya do me like that? Now I'll be actively looking for all that to happen. Really though I'll be happy if one of your forecasting arrows gets close to the target.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

this thread being opened is so exciting!
Old 08-31-2013, 08:15 AM
Master Fan

I'm liking that list! Especially the Mrs. Wolowitz problem/family crisis idea for Howard and Bernadette. And more Kripke/Sheldon.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:19 AM
Ultimate Fan

I was waiting for this thread, yay!

I'll try my best to be coincise. Or I'm a needy baby, greedy baby - the autobiography

GENERAL PREDICTIONS

So, yeah, it's been discussed to death, this season we'll see new/rarely used pairings. Am I glad, I want to see all these characters bond, not just girls with girls and boys with boys. If I don't get a Leonard/Amy and a Sheldon/Bernadette (maybe a Penny/Howard? Raj/Amy?) storyline I'll be a very sad koala by the end of the season. If this season goes as well as I envision it, we'll look back at Amy's words in 6.24 and be all "Aw, they really are a family!"

Can't wait to see how they plan to use Professor Proton and if they want to finally give us insight on Sheldon's relationship with his father - I mean, it would be a wasted opportunity if they didn't, considering that scene in the hospital.

Speaking of Sheldon, I like the fact that they're making him grow little by little - not necessarily by his relationship with Amy but with how he deals with the outside world, which is where the real problem lies, really. Let's put him outside of his comfort zone more, writers, let's see what happens. Example: 6.18 - Sheldon doesn't like the idea of grown-up parties and runs away every chance he gets; 6.24 - Sheldon is comfortable at Leonard's farewell party.

Tenure. If Tenure Turbulence is any indication, we are going to see some conflict and I'm very interested if it is leading somewhere or if status quo will be restored at the end of it. I'm not sure if this is the season where the current living arrangements will be changed (was 6.15 foreshadowing? ) but if this happens because of tenure and it's the biggest plot point of the year I wouldn't be surprised. They could hold off ulterior relationship advancements for another season, who knows.
My personal bet is that tenure will go to Leonard. We shall see.

Give me more Stuart, Wheaton, Kripke. Let's make Kripke and Amy meet. Pretty please with cherry on top. On this note, I wonder if Lucy is coming back...? I love her.

I can't wait to see if and how a Zachary Quinto episode is happening.

I'd like to see more episodes with just an A and B plot. When there are 3 plots going on all at once, it feels like there's not enough time.

Even better, let's have more episode with just one plot, like Closet Reconfiguration and Love Spell.

More grown-up parties. I'd like to see one organized by the Shamy this year. Or just Amy, I'm fine with that, too.

A New Year's episode. Just cause. I don't even know why.

Sheldon making increasingly outrageous sexual comments because, as Penny said, "It's hot when Sheldon talks dirty".

RELATIONSHIP PREDICTIONS

Shamy: All I want before Christmas is a Sheldon initiated kiss. Come on, Sheldon, do I need to call Sebastian from The Little Mermaid? Kiss the girl...!
Seriously, though, I want to see them being... well, being the Shamy. Or weird and cute, in practical terms. Physical contact of ANY KIND would be very much appreciated. I want to see more of Sheldon's point of view on the relationship, his insights in 6.07, 6.14 and 6.24 were refreshing. No more Amy begging for attention and being put down, I'd rather see her dump him if they keep on going like this (le gasp! ). If they make a reference to the fact that they included D&D in their routine, I'll just faint.
Sheldon making a passing comment to the lines of "I had coitus" and everyone going would be fun.
Oh, and Shamy being drunk together. This I want to see.

I really like Lenny and Howardette, too, but I really have nothing interesting to add to the conversation.

I'm sure I forgot something, but it'll come to mind while I read your predictions.

Last edited by teoriapostmoderna; 08-31-2013 at 09:56 AM
teoriapostmoderna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

*cracks fingers* Well, if we are going down this road, I'll just have to jump into the fray with my hopes and dreams for S7.

First off- The odd friendship focuses. This is what I want:

Howard/Amy- They probably have the least amount of interaction, and I think both are very quirky people who would get along more than they think if she would get past the "He's only got a Master's degree" (Something I think she already has mostly moved past, more so than Sheldon at least.) I feel like there is a lot of comedy potential with this pair. They say the most off the wall things sometimes and I want to see them just bounce it off of each other and freak everyone else out.

Raj/Bernadette- They obviously have scenes together, that much is true. What I would like to see is Bernadette confiding in Raj about her not wanting kids while Howard does. Raj probably knows these two the best out of the group, and I think when it comes down to it, he cares almost as much about her as his best friend. I could see a very tender friendship moment in that regard, where Raj obviously wants them both to be happy, and thus tries to help Bernadette with this situation.

Leonard/Amy- I just think these two have endless potential since they are the "chasers" in their respective relationships. (All people in said pairings are committed to each other, but you guys know what I mean.) I could see them having some time together where they talk about what they wish from each other's partners, and seeing as they are the best friends of each other's said partners, could try to help each other out in subtle ways.

Leonard/Sheldon- This needs no explanation. It's them. They're best friends, they're nerds. They live together for cripe's sake. They need to have some best friend time, without girlfriends or anything. *shakes fist*

Amy/Kripke or Wil- Because this would drive Sheldon for crazy one reason or another and that would amuse me. That is all.

I'll write more when I think of more on that front...

Couple-wise:

Lenny- Obviously, a proposal would be a huuuuuge thing. Everyone is waiting for it, but before it comes to that, I'd like to see Penny romance Leonard a little more. When she wore the glasses and such, that was adorable. I want to see more of that kind of thing. I'd also like to see her schooling/acting come into more focus, and how Leonard would potentially be a building block for her and her successes. I guess I want to see them celebrate their big moments in their lives together, and also have the quiet moments together.

Howardette- I really don't want to touch on the children topic, because it's such a sensitive issue for these two. It's bound to pop up though, and I hope it's handled in an adult manner. While the comedy aspect could be brought into play, I really want that matter to be taken seriously. If there is a compromise to be made, I want it to be serious, not in a joke. If not, I want both of them to stick to their guns. More than likely, they'll head down the path of making Bernadette buckle before Howard, but there had better be a damn good build up to her changing her mind. (And not because of baby-sitting a dog.) I'd also like some more Bernie/Mrs. Wolowitz moments. Kinda hard when they don't show her, but I'd almost think it would be cute for them to talk about Howard when he was a child.

Shamy- I'll keep this as non-fangirly as possible.
I can wish for SIK or SIH all I want, but who knows what will happen with that really. I'd really be happy with a Sheldon initiated ANYTHING. I want him to validate that he is just as much for this relationship as Amy. Of course Love Spell gave us a touch of that, but I want it to continue on that front and have it happen because Sheldon wants to do it. They could be sitting so close that they're touching on the couch, he could touch her arm or back casually when he approaches her, or they could do something outrageous. I'd also like to see the return of their invented games. Counterfactuals is something I'd like to see pop up again. On Amy's end, I want to see her be less...clingy? Not the word I'm looking for but it's the first one that pops to mind. I want her to be more independent, focusing on other things. Impress her man with science or something. She's a brilliant woman first and foremost, I'd like to see that be a focus too. And now that it's popped up in the Shamy thread- I want her wearing one of his shirts. I can't not mention that. Haha.

Well...that's about enough of that for now.
Yay discussion!

Ahmyrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:45 AM
Ultimate Fan

A Shamy love triangle would be the best thing, when Sheldon gets jealous great things happen.

And yes, Ahmyrak and FoxPhile, how could I forget about Amy's work! They mentioned brain research in an interview, let's see if that's where they're going with her. I also wouldn't be surprised if she moves to Caltech. That mention in 6.17 can't be just a throwaway line.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

They wouldn't even have to move her to Caltech. Just put the idea out there or make Sheldon believe it's going to happen and see where it goes. Maybe it's an idea that is mentioned and she ends up touring the place or something? That could be where a Kripke encounter could play out. I could see many a conflict or hilarity ensuing at that. And in the end, it ends up all being a misunderstanding or something pops up where she's at and doesn't even move over to Caltech in the end.

And if we are talking triangles, I think it'd be fun to see Faisal appear. Even though there was only that one, tiny mention of him, Amy is in fact technically engaged to him. Let the green Sheldon come out!

Old 08-31-2013, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

Maybe we'll finally get to see Amy giving Sheldon a brain scan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmyrak (View Post)
Howardette- I really don't want to touch on the children topic, because it's such a sensitive issue for these two. It's bound to pop up though, and I hope it's handled in an adult manner. While the comedy aspect could be brought into play, I really want that matter to be taken seriously. If there is a compromise to be made, I want it to be serious, not in a joke. If not, I want both of them to stick to their guns. More than likely, they'll head down the path of making Bernadette buckle before Howard, but there had better be a damn good build up to her changing her mind. (And not because of baby-sitting a dog.) I'd also like some more Bernie/Mrs. Wolowitz moments. Kinda hard when they don't show her, but I'd almost think it would be cute for them to talk about Howard when he was a child.
I facepalm'd so hard when that happened. I really hope this whole plot gets treated right. Bernadette giving in to make Howard happy is not okay.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

I 100% agree. If she's going to open up to the possibility of having children, it better damn well be under her terms and not because of social pressures for her to mother children. Howard being happy about it will simply be a happy coincidence.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I 100% agree. If she's going to open up to the possibility of having children, it better damn well be under her terms and not because of social pressures for her to mother children. Howard being happy about it will simply be a happy coincidence.
Agree, agree, agree.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teoriapostmoderna (View Post)
....Let's make Kripke and Amy meet.....
Yes, yes, yes!! Can you imagine all the double entendre, misunderstanding and confusion with Kripke dropping comments from his conversation w/ Sheldon, and Amy not having a clue what he's referring to. She still hasn't found out about the lie Sheldon told him, right?

Quote:
....Oh, and Shamy being drunk together.....
This would be epic. Amy spilling wine on herself. That would lead to the wearing-one-of-Sheldon's-shirts scenes. Maybe falling asleep/passing out at the boys' apartment. Which would have the rest of the gang whispering about did they or didn't they.

Quote:
.......Raj/Bernadette- They obviously have scenes together, that much is true. What I would like to see is Bernadette confiding in Raj about her not wanting kids while Howard does. Raj probably knows these two the best out of the group, and I think when it comes down to it, he cares almost as much about her as his best friend. I could see a very tender friendship moment in that regard, where Raj obviously wants them both to be happy, and thus tries to help Bernadette with this situation.......
Oh this would be so sweet!

Quote:
A Shamy love triangle would be the best thing, when Sheldon gets jealous great things happen.

And yes, Ahmyrak and FoxPhile, how could I forget about Amy's work! They mentioned brain research in an interview, let's see if that's where they're going with her. I also wouldn't be surprised if she moves to Caltech. That mention in 6.17 can't be just a throwaway line.
Quote:
......And if we are talking triangles, I think it'd be fun to see Faisal appear. Even though there was only that one, tiny mention of him, Amy is in fact technically engaged to him. Let the green Sheldon come out!.....
You two ladies may be onto something here. Didn't Amy mention during that video chat that her lab was funded by Faisal? What if he pulls the funding? Or insists on certain conditions now, such as she move out there to continue her research? I can't remember which country he was from.
ShamyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

He is the one funding her research, yes.
He's from a middle eastern country for sure, where there are camel races!
I highly doubt they'll revisit that, but oh man would it be a hoot and a half.
Or drama, depending on what route they would use for him.
Either way, it'd be hilarious if Faisal was a long haired handsome man. Sheldon would think back to that comment Amy made and off he'll go.

And I completely agree on the Shamy being drunk front. It would be an odd combo, that's for sure.

Reply   Post New Thread