Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Season Five General Discussion #2

We were way over 300 on that thread, so here's a second one!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just gotta say, it's very rare that out of 18 episodes of a show, there was only one (Speckerman) that I didn't freaking adore upon the first viewing. This may be rivaling season one as my favorite season.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:59 AM
Addicted Fan

This is certainly rivaling season 2 as my favorite season. Compared to season 4, I feel they've really settled into the expanded-cast scenario now, and they're making such good use of all the characters and their interactions.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, and I've heard some really good things about S5 as a whole, people seem to really like it, at least based on what I've read. That's good, a lot of people were saying that since S4 was about adjustment, S5 would either be really strong or really weak. I'm glad it's the former.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm really hoping that the season earns them another Emmy nomination. The feedback for season 5 has on the whole been better than for season 4 - the first half of 4 was a little iffy, I thought, mainly because they were not yet quite sure on where they were going with Amy.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomita (View Post)
I'm really hoping that the season earns them another Emmy nomination. The feedback for season 5 has on the whole been better than for season 4 - the first half of 4 was a little iffy, I thought, mainly because they were not yet quite sure on where they were going with Amy.
Yeah, I hope they do too. They may never beat Modern Family, but they certainly deserve another nomination.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Passionate Fan

I third an Emmy nomination for the show along with Leonard, Sheldon, Simon and Amy
carl1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

YES. Absolutely.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Addicted Fan

I honestly like this season as a close tie to the 3rd season which I love the most. Well, like Pomita I really think that season 4 was the writers' establishment season where they cement the dynamics of having the seven cast members. This season made great use of them and it's not that I'm being biased for lovin' all those shamymoments that we're having but to think that this season they were able to reach that demography and even beat American Idol proves how well it's been doing.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1970 (View Post)
I third an Emmy nomination for the show along with Leonard, Sheldon, Simon and Amy
If only!! We'll be fainting of joy here if that happens, I think.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

I agree that this season has been pretty darn good. From what I've read online, I'm in the minority, but I'm of the opinion that each season has been better than the last. Among my friends I'm in the majority, but from what I read, a lot of people didn't care for either season 3 or season 4. I think this show is like Harry Potter...it gets better with every chapter.

And I am SO on board with Emmy nominations for Jim (duh), Johnny, Simon, and most especially Mayim.
Musickat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
I agree that this season has been pretty darn good. From what I've read online, I'm in the minority, but I'm of the opinion that each season has been better than the last. Among my friends I'm in the majority, but from what I read, a lot of people didn't care for either season 3 or season 4. I think this show is like Harry Potter...it gets better with every chapter.

And I am SO on board with Emmy nominations for Jim (duh), Johnny, Simon, and most especially Mayim.

Ignoring the fluke that was the first half of Season 4 [since the latter half was great anyway], I'm joining you in the minority. I think the show has done an exceptional job of developing the characters, evolving the dynamics, and most importantly, introducing new ones that have proven invaluable in keeping the show fresh and interesting. [And yes, I'm talking about Bernadette and Amy. I firmly believe they're the best thing that happened to the show.]

Those nominations NEED to happen. Come on reality, do it right!

"If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
Kath/Anthea // fanfiction // tumblr
genki-escapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Addicted Fan

I completely agree about Amy and Bernadette (in that order). The two of them, in their fully-developed forms post-mid season 4, have been like a ray of sunshine on an already beloved show. They're terrific as actors, they've gelled so well with the existing cast, and having them allows for a hundred different kinds of exciting and complex new dynamics and character interactions.

Especially Amy. And Shamy. They make us visit places where no show has gone before.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomita (View Post)
I completely agree about Amy and Bernadette (in that order). The two of them, in their fully-developed forms post-mid season 4, have been like a ray of sunshine on an already beloved show. They're terrific as actors, they've gelled so well with the existing cast, and having them allows for a hundred different kinds of exciting and complex new dynamics and character interactions.

Especially Amy. And Shamy. They make us visit places where no show has gone before.
My order was based on first appearance. Naturally, I also place more significance on Amy's character.

And the last part: that's why the Shamy is the Enterprise among ships--they boldly go where no ship has gone before.

"If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
Kath/Anthea // fanfiction // tumblr
genki-escapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by genki-escapist (View Post)
Ignoring the fluke that was the first half of Season 4 [since the latter half was great anyway], I'm joining you in the minority. I think the show has done an exceptional job of developing the characters, evolving the dynamics, and most importantly, introducing new ones that have proven invaluable in keeping the show fresh and interesting. [And yes, I'm talking about Bernadette and Amy. I firmly believe they're the best thing that happened to the show.]

Those nominations NEED to happen. Come on reality, do it right!
Regarding the bolded part...See...that's what I mean, I don't see what's wrong with the first half of season 4. There was the Sheldon/Raj desk war, Sheldon flipping when Amy asked him to meet her mother, Howard and the robot arm, Shelbot, Penny and the first girls night ("Pillow fight!"), the Howard/Raj kiss...my list goes on and on I laughed a lot at the beginning of season 4 But, to each their own opinion

But anyways, I laugh even more now, so pretty much if they keep this trend up, it's going to start taking me an hour to watch a 30 minute episode because of all the pausing I'll have to do.
Musickat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread