Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Season eleven general discussion

It's time to start predicting and wish listing for the next season! Some possible topics of discussion:
  • What will Amy say to Sheldon's proposal?
  • What do you WANT Amy to say? Do the circumstances that made him propose matter?
  • What guest stars are you most hopeful to see again?
  • How much do you want the show to incorporate Halle/Halle references? (And how much do you think they will?)
  • Do you like the conflict they've been inserting into the Leonard/Penny marriage or are you over it?

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT Nicole

Clearly I'm over the conflict between Leonard and Penny, because it comes from nothing.
At least if they want LP to argue, give them a real reason and a way to find a solution.
I'm also tired of the "he worn her down" joke. Sometimes it's like the season 4 had never existed (regarding Penny's feelings)
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
Clearly I'm over the conflict between Leonard and Penny, because it comes from nothing.
At least if they want LP to argue, give them a real reason and a way to find a solution.
I'm also tired of the "he worn her down" joke. Sometimes it's like the season 4 had never existed (regarding Penny's feelings)
I'll second that!

And please give Penny a new job. Don't let that poor girl stuck in a job that she hates and that makes her unhappy.

Leonard: "Am I like the dryer sheets of your heart?"
Penny: "Better. You’re the lint trap of my love."
~Martin~
*luminous* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

I hope the Sheldons proposal won't turn into a drama. I'm ok with a little fight, but only if it will be solved at the end of the episode. I want them to talk it out and that nobody gets hurt. It would be ok for me if Amys will give him her answer at the end of the summer after she is back from Princton.

I'm curious how they will hide Melissas pregnancy I don't think Berndatte will get pregnant again.

~Susanne ~

Last edited by smoguntia; 07-12-2017 at 09:48 PM
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

I don't have any particular predictions as to how the next season will go but I sure hope it will at least be as good as season 10
IcyBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
I'm curious how they will hide Melissas pregnancy I don't think Berndatte will get pregnant again.
I don't think either, I suppose she can be a lot behind a kitchen island or seat in Leonard's armchair, which is profound enough to hide her belly.

For me season 10 was the least well written season, so I hope the next one will be better. Completely unbalanced with very few new ideas. Even regarding Shamy, it was all about Sheldon, I don't think Amy was well written. For exemple I didn't like that in the episode where Sheldon was working on the both projects with Amy and the guys, all of them looked like dumb, waiting for "The Master" to help them without even looking at their boards, specially Amy and Leonard who are supposed to be smart and good at their jobs.
~Laurence~
Old 07-16-2017, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

Wow Sheldon's proposal is still such a shock for me, in a good way. I have big hopes for him and Amy, but he felt guilty about Dr Ramona so it's going to be rrally interesting how it all works out.
Im really looking forward to next season.
BlackSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:55 PM
New Fan

I half expected it considering he kept the ring
Prankster#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Can't wait for S11! Sorry I haven't been on here much recently! There's just too many shows and boards I need to post on now that I can't keep up - too little time!
Old 10-04-2017, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So I'm really enjoying this season so far. I know it's early, but...I feel pretty positive.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:01 PM
Master Fan

Me too, the episodes are more balanced, we have group scenes and fun characters. Much better than the previous season for me.
~Laurence~
Old 10-04-2017, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
Me too, the episodes are more balanced, we have group scenes and fun characters. Much better than the previous season for me.
I actually really liked season ten, for me, this is more of that, which is a good thing for me.

Old 11-02-2017, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

Is it my imagination, or is Simon Helberg standing out even more this season? It seems like the writers are giving him a lot of opportunities to show his comedic as well as more emotional/dramatic skills. I'm liking it.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
Is it my imagination, or is Simon Helberg standing out even more this season? It seems like the writers are giving him a lot of opportunities to show his comedic as well as more emotional/dramatic skills. I'm liking it.
Yes, I love that Simon has the chance to shine.

As a whole, I like the season so far but it isn't outstanding. I can't excactly name it, because that had great plots and I laughed a lot but it hasn't captivated me yet.

~Susanne ~
Old 11-17-2017, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Warning - a rant is following, I'm not happy

I haven't seen 11x08 yet, In only saw some clips and I read Jessicas review. And this doesn't convince me to watch the episode and it also confirms my general problems with season 11.

Yes Sheldon always was a jerk but at least he was likable and always had some nice moments but since this season he became mean, abhorrent and unlikable. What happend with the character development we had during the last 10 seasons? It's like a throwback to the beginning of the show but without his likable traits.

This gang calls each other best friends but the all act like the are enemies right now, and the guest stars an not very likeable either.

Bernadettes storyline is boring and unispired. Yes Melissa is limited right now, but this can't be the solution they came up with.

Did we have some nice couples moments this season? I can't remember.
I'm ok with Shamy taking a back seat, we were spoiled in season 10 but at least let them nice to each other in the few moments we get. It seams the crappy engagement in the first episode set the tone for the season.

I don't know what happend to the show, do they want us to wean off, so the withdrawl symptoms won't be so big after season 12? It works, I'm already detoxed.

I'm wondering if Young Sheldon is influencing the show? Did they release writers from Big Bang to write for YS? Are the writing big Sheldon as a big jerk on purpose so little Sheldon would appear more cute?

My solution right now is not to watch the show as intense as I used to and if I'm going to watch an episode I won't watch it on the official Big Bang homepage because I don't want to added to the ratings.
I'm still hoping the show will get better again but right now I'm very frustrated.

Sorry for being a killjoy

~Susanne ~
Reply   Post New Thread