Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2014, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Season Eight General Discussion

This is the place to discuss what you would like to see happen in this season, the general direction that things are going, trends for the characters or the relationships, and just anything about this season.. Please remember - no spoilers.

~Heidi

Last edited by FoxPhile; 10-01-2014 at 02:58 PM
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Heidi!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:36 PM
Total Fan

Well I'll start! (I'm just going to go by couple/ character cause its easier!)

Shamy: I really want a SIILY but I kind of feel we got that in his own way when he said I like you for who you are, quirks and all." Still, I'm greedy with my OTP and I want a real ILY from Sheldon. Also, I want to see some more emotional closeness between them. One day I want sex (obviously), but sex is physical and emotional. I want Shamy to keep moving forward little by little in the physical department (Genuine hug please!) but I want some emotional movement as well, like some more serious moments between them. I also want to see some more stuff like we have been getting: compatible Shamy and babkbone Amy. Also: AMY'S FAMILY AND BACKGROUND PLEASE AND THANKS.

Lenny: GROCERY SHOPPING PLEASE. Actually i just want to see some more domesticity and cuteness between them, but grocery shopping is just my thing that I need to see badly. I want to see the exploration of Penny's career and I hope that this whole tension between Leonard and Penny isnt about jealousy like it always is and I would be interested ti see something with finances. But most of all........LISA KUDROW AS PENNY'S MOM.

Howardette: Honestly I have no real aspirations for them at the moment. I just want them to continue being their adorable selves like they have been! Im intrigued to see Howard/Stuart and Howard/Sheldon because I really liked those scenes. Also Bernadette being awesome please.

Raj: i just want him to become comfortable in his own skin and realize that he can be happy with or without a woman. If they choose a breakup for him, i want HIM to break it off.

Misc.: NATHAN FILLION. Just yes. More Firefly and Buffy references please! But mostly Nathan.

Yep those are my wishes for everyone! I hope I got all the characters!

~ Katie

Last edited by What's a hickey?; 09-30-2014 at 07:58 PM
What's a hickey? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Starts in Australia tonight. Woot.
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:21 AM
Master Fan

So after 5 episode what is your favorite episode so far, your favorite couples moment and your favorite funniest scene?

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:18 AM
Master Fan

So far, my favourite episode is 8.04 in terms of humour; favourite couples scene has to be Leonard and Penny's "Hold your hand and do it with you" moment ; and funniest scene ... probably the guys' discussion of how to get more kids into the comic book store.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Favorite episode is probably 8.05. Favorite couples moment so far would be Shamy being all cute in the car on their double date with Lenny (plus Sheldon eating a fry from Amy's plate). Funniest scene is probably the Back To the Future scene from last night, but Sheldon teaching Howard in the classroom is pretty up there, too.

Last edited by Anglophile79; 10-14-2014 at 06:42 AM
Anglophile79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Favorite episode so far: Definitely 8.05. As much as I like the couples and their drama, TBBT is first and foremost a comedy, and from that light, they were seriously ON in 8.05 - absolute funniest episode so far this season. funny. I nearly spewed my drink at more than one scene.

Favorite couples scene: For cutest, I'd give it to the Shamy French Fry share or just all the cute Shamy smiling in the premiere. For most awwww-inducing, I give it to the Leonard/Penny handholding moment.

Funniest scene: Sheldon's "tense" moment in 8.05. I seriously need to go back and write down everything he said and memorize it. He had me rolling on the floor.

~Heidi

Last edited by FoxPhile; 10-14-2014 at 02:05 PM
Old 10-14-2014, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Funniest scene: Sheldon's "tense" moment in 8.04. I seriously need to go back and write down everything he said and memorize it. He had me rolling on the floor.
If you're talking about the episode last night, that was 8.05.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
If you're talking about the episode last night, that was 8.05.
Thanks - I fixed it.

~Heidi
Old 10-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Supreme Fan

Favorite episode: Probably 8.02
Couple scene: Leonard holding Penny's hand in the pub(romance ninja strikes back)
Funniest scene: Sheldon teaching Howard, the whole plot
Old 10-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

Fave episode: 8.05 Focus Attenuation, definitely.
Fave couples scene: not sure, but probably the Shamy double date/in the car. Or the baseball game.
Funniest scene: Back to the Future analysis.

Season 8 just started in the UK tonight, and it reminded me about the apartment flag - it was flying upside down at the start of the premiere. I like to think Leonard decided the apartment was in distress when Sheldon went walkabout.

Edit:I remember last season I was worried they wouldn't keep up the standard from S6, but then the first several episodes were brilliant. This season I didn't worry, but I don't think we've had the absolute best episodes of the season in the first few weeks. Don't get me wrong, I have no complaints and the episodes have been great, but I've got used to each season getting better! I feel like/hope this season might be one that gets even better as it goes along.

Last edited by Whimsical Elf; 10-23-2014 at 01:22 PM
Whimsical Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just realized this week we have to wait a few extra days for this weeks episode.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's HERE! It's HERE! Happy Episode Day!

~Heidi
Old 10-30-2014, 05:58 AM
Master Fan

yay - who will open the episode thread?

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread