Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2012, 03:43 AM
Addicted Fan

Oh, we were already gushing about these two at the Raj thread! Thanks for bumping this thread, I didn't even know it existed. Please do add me. They're one of my favorite character pairings on the show.

Quote:
He's very emotional and caring and yet so mean at the same time jokingly of course. But I think his personality seems to really work with Sheldon's.
Exactly. As we were saying there - he has a direct, in-your-face approach to dealing with Sheldon, he can go in for a full-on fight if necessary, but at the same time his softer nature makes him sympathetic towards Sheldon sometimes when the others are not. Like when he pretended to choke when Sheldon was making the death-ray sign (is that what it's called?) from the other table in TECOF, because he felt sorry for him. Or burst into tears when Sheldon apologized to Howard with his cushion.

Quote:
Raj has 5 other siblings, doesn't he? I think he said once that he has 3 brothers and 2 sisters, so he's better prepared than Leonard and Howard to take on Sheldon. I thought it was sweet when Raj said he'd miss sharing an office with Sheldon, and I think he meant it. Raj might get frustrated sometimes too, but I get the sense that he has a lot more fun in his battles with Sheldon than Leonard and Howard do.
I thought it was genuine, too, when he told Sheldon he'll miss him. Raj doesn't really know much about being sarcastic. Their battles certainly look like a lot of fun and I think they both respect each other as scientists more than they let on, else they couldn't have worked together over years.

Quote:
"I'd totally be winning this fight if it was in my native language."
"English IS your native language!"
I loved that because it's so true. Many of us here are more familiar with English than anything else, especially in our reading and writing.

Last edited by Pomita; 02-28-2012 at 03:52 AM
Pomita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

They are awesome together. They don't share an office anymore
Old 02-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

I think Raj has mixed emotions about having his own office again. He will miss Sheldon's company...He's said that....but at the same time he might be looking forward to having more room to himself.
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!
kbcountry37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Extreme Fan

So sad this is the 1 and only raj thread and so far to go.... Raj is so precious, he needs more love

OTP: Jim/Pam (the office US), Castle/Beckett (Castle), Sean/Fiona (Shameless), Henry/Jo (Forever)
Melissa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa23 (View Post)
So sad this is the 1 and only raj thread and so far to go.... Raj is so precious, he needs more love
Raj/Kunal is on his fourth thread, I believe. This is only the first Raj/Sheldon thread.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah...so sad we won't be getting any more of those hilarious battles...but wait, does Raj still work for Sheldon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomita (View Post)
Exactly. As we were saying there - he has a direct, in-your-face approach to dealing with Sheldon, he can go in for a full-on fight if necessary, but at the same time his softer nature makes him sympathetic towards Sheldon sometimes when the others are not. Like when he pretended to choke when Sheldon was making the death-ray sign (is that what it's called?)
I do believe he was trying to choke him with The Force
Old 02-29-2012, 12:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx (View Post)
Yeah...so sad we won't be getting any more of those hilarious battles...but wait, does Raj still work for Sheldon?
I don't know. Just because Sheldon got a new office doesn't necessarily mean that he and Raj aren't working with... I mean, Raj is not longer working FOR Sheldon. We've never really heard if that project ended or not.

What I think is kinda funny is that Raj's office was originally Sheldon's. I really wonder what's going to happen with that horrible office. I can't see Sheldon being able to stay in it for every long without going absolutely crazy. Just the Biology department overhead is enough to drive him crazy - add the windchimes and mockingbird and not being able to control his own thermostat - it's a recipe for disaster. I wonder if his friends will help him out with it.

- Lio
Old 02-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

I agree, Sheldon and Raj pairing up is always funny. I doubt that Sheldon is going to be staying in that new office for long. I almost think this was a one time thing.
Berserkrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionne (View Post)
I don't know. Just because Sheldon got a new office doesn't necessarily mean that he and Raj aren't working with... I mean, Raj is not longer working FOR Sheldon. We've never really heard if that project ended or not.

What I think is kinda funny is that Raj's office was originally Sheldon's. I really wonder what's going to happen with that horrible office. I can't see Sheldon being able to stay in it for every long without going absolutely crazy. Just the Biology department overhead is enough to drive him crazy - add the windchimes and mockingbird and not being able to control his own thermostat - it's a recipe for disaster. I wonder if his friends will help him out with it.
I'm guessing that he'll be back with Raj in his old office, next time we see him.

Since they did work together over episodes in two seasons, it means they're probably doing it off and on.. so we can get more!

You meant Geology dept by the way. The dirt people.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserkrules (View Post)
I agree, Sheldon and Raj pairing up is always funny. I doubt that Sheldon is going to be staying in that new office for long. I almost think this was a one time thing.
I hope so, because in my mind, Sheldon and Raj still share one office.

"If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
Kath/Anthea // fanfiction // tumblr
genki-escapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Well it was never settled if he decided to give the crappy office up or not.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:56 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionne (View Post)

- Lio
Correction: it's the Geology department. The Gravel monkeys.

Yeah, since Raj still is working with/for Sheldon, maybe we would see more interaction between them in the future!
Old 11-23-2013, 09:06 AM
Master Fan

Loved the end scene with Sheldon laughing and giving Raj a finger gun about his Martha Stewart and Rachel Ray. And then Raj's nod of approval.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
Loved the end scene with Sheldon laughing and giving Raj a finger gun about his Martha Stewart and Rachel Ray. And then Raj's nod of approval.
That was wonderful! I died of laughter.

teoriapostmoderna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Master Fan

Good moment. When I see that I keep wondering what Raj and the rest made of seeing Sheldon drunk like that.
Reply   Post New Thread