Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They got sick at the same time, just hours apart at most, which means they were infected at the same time, about (and due to the incubation period Sheldon was already infected when he hugged Penny, if that was when he got the germ he wouldn't have shown it for at least five days) so they probably recovered about the same time, unless one of them was overall healthier.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

True...so true. I've always wondered that because they were both happy and healthy in the next episode, which was TEA.

I always thought it was funny how Sheldon handled the ticket. He ended up with points on a license he doesn't have because he tried to help Penny in a time of need. But he did insult the judge. If had been that judge, I would have done put Sheldon in jail too...
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!
Old 03-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Elite Fan

They could have gotten better at the same time, but I tend to think that Penny has the healthier immune system simply because Sheldon guards himself so much from germs that he's basically rendered his immune system obsolete.

I keep waiting for someone to point out to him that in order to build your immune system you have to first be exposed to germs. I keep wanting it to be Penny, but I don't know if that's the kind of information she would know or not.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

I've always thought that too. Penny really should point that out to him.

I mean he's talked of spending much of his childhood sick, so I assume him being a germophobe has something to do with that.
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!
Old 03-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

I would love to see that and it isn't that hard, a lot of magazines do articles on this topic . Penny could have read it in one of them
Old 03-19-2012, 07:49 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
They could have gotten better at the same time, but I tend to think that Penny has the healthier immune system simply because Sheldon guards himself so much from germs that he's basically rendered his immune system obsolete.

I keep waiting for someone to point out to him that in order to build your immune system you have to first be exposed to germs. I keep wanting it to be Penny, but I don't know if that's the kind of information she would know or not.
Actually I would think he knows that already, with his state of 'being familiar with everything'. But probably he's just too afraid to risk a few times of being sick, before the immunity kicks in.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomita (View Post)
Actually I would think he knows that already, with his state of 'being familiar with everything'. But probably he's just too afraid to risk a few times of being sick, before the immunity kicks in.
yeah, i don't doubt he's heard the research...but I'd still like someone to snarkily point it out to him
Old 03-19-2012, 04:21 PM
Master Fan

Ah watching The Gorilla Experiment on Fox right now

I love this S/P episode.. From her annoying him with the food, to her explaining to Bernadette about Sheldon's spot and the teaching so awesome
Old 03-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTime (View Post)
Ah watching The Gorilla Experiment on Fox right now

I love this S/P episode.. From her annoying him with the food, to her explaining to Bernadette about Sheldon's spot and the teaching so awesome
"Perhaps there's hope for you after all." And her smile at that.

I was a little upset with Sheldon that he tricked Penny in the end, but the teaching was hilarious, and the banter they had throughout it was awesome.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
"Perhaps there's hope for you after all." And her smile at that.

I was a little upset with Sheldon that he tricked Penny in the end, but the teaching was hilarious, and the banter they had throughout it was awesome.
I know what you mean, i kind of overlook the trick because the rest was so cute
even when she was crying and he asked why she was crying, ( he had a kind of nice tone to his voice)
Old 03-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTime (View Post)
even when she was crying and he asked why she was crying, ( he had a kind of nice tone to his voice)
Yeah, he was trying to be understanding there and stop her from crying, even though he went about it in kind of an odd way.

"For example, I cry because others are stupid and it makes me sad."
Old 03-20-2012, 04:21 AM
Addicted Fan

He has such a unique way of comforting, doesn't he? The most classic moment will always be, I believe, 'there, there. Sheldon's here'. (insert psychotic serial-killer expression).
Old 03-20-2012, 04:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
He has such a unique way of comforting, doesn't he? The most classic moment will always be, I believe, 'there, there. Sheldon's here'. (insert psychotic serial-killer expression).
Say what you will about his smile, I think that's the most terrifying expression he's ever had. And Penny's comment afterwards, "Thanks, that's much better."
Old 03-20-2012, 07:22 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
Say what you will about his smile, I think that's the most terrifying expression he's ever had. And Penny's comment afterwards, "Thanks, that's much better."
That was a bonding moment indeed.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That was a bonding moment indeed.
One of their best.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread