Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2014, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thats such a cute picture of them.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by fanforum~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:07 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio Gio (View Post)
Kaley Cuoco on why she's NOT a feminist in interview with Redbook magazine | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-31-2014, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I'll just hold my tongue since I already let all my feelings on this out on Twitter.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 08:23 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the article.

All I will say is that Kaley has shown herself to be nothing but a kind, caring, selfless individual and nothing about this article changes my opinion of that.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kaley just put on Instagram a picture of her on the cover of Redbook magazine - she's got Ruby with her! (Not sure if this came out already or not as I was in the Land of No Internet for four days, but she just put it up on IG a few minutes ago.)

Old 12-31-2014, 10:15 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)

All I will say is that Kaley has shown herself to be nothing but a kind, caring, selfless individual and nothing about this article changes my opinion of that.
Exactly how I feel Perfectly said!
Old 01-02-2015, 04:38 AM
Supreme Fan

I'm not against feminism, but this is definetly going too far. Kaley is not a feminist, so where's the problem? It's HER choice, HER life and as long as SHE is happy, I see no reason to complain. Who are these people to tell her how to feel and how to think about feminism? Get on with your own lives and leave her alone, this is just stupid.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
I'm not against feminism, but this is definetly going too far. Kaley is not a feminist, so where's the problem? It's HER choice, HER life and as long as SHE is happy, I see no reason to complain. Who are these people to tell her how to feel and how to think about feminism? Get on with your own lives and leave her alone, this is just stupid.
Yeah, I've been pretty disgusted with the comments that have been thrown out about her over this, especially the tweets featured in that article. She's not even saying she's actively against feminism, has been an incredibly selfless human being, and this is the person people choose to attack on the issue. There are plenty of people who are vehemently against gender equality and constantly fight it; that isn't Kaley. Efforts towards feminism would be much better spent focusing on educating those misogynists rather than Kaley.

Very sorry she's been put through all this.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:04 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
Yeah, I've been pretty disgusted with the comments that have been thrown out about her over this, especially the tweets featured in that article. She's not even saying she's actively against feminism, has been an incredibly selfless human being, and this is the person people choose to attack on the issue. There are plenty of people who are vehemently against gender equality and constantly fight it; that isn't Kaley. Efforts towards feminism would be much better spent focusing on educating those misogynists rather than Kaley.

Very sorry she's been put through all this.
Yes, she didn't even say she's against feminism, it's more like a neutral point of view. She's proven countless times what a great person she is and how much she cares about people, so I think there's no reason for them to be so rude. It's just that she's such an easy target, but she doesn't deserve this at all.

And, of course, someone made fun of her hair. Calling herself "feminist" but makes fun of her short hair. How does that work?
Old 01-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Master Fan

I cannot believe the nonsense she took over that!

Quote:
'I know a lot of the work that paved the way for women happened before I was around...I was never that feminist girl demanding equality, but maybe that’s because I’ve never really faced inequality.'
Isn't this statement just acknowledging the success of feminism?

Also, and I know this is redundant because Kaley always looks lovely, but she looks SO pretty in the pic with Ruby!

Last edited by Whimsical Elf; 01-04-2015 at 08:07 PM
Whimsical Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
Isn't this statement just acknowledging the success of feminism?
Or the fortune that the privileged have, that they don't have to struggle like the less privileged do. (Not blaming the privileged for being that way, it's a societal flaw, not an individual one.) And I think Kaley is admitting to that in that statement - that she never fought for it because she never experienced it, but she understands that people who fight for it really are fighting to better how society views them.

Last edited by WeBuiltThePyramids; 01-04-2015 at 07:58 PM
Old 01-04-2015, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Or the fortune that the privileged have, that they don't have to struggle like the less privileged do. (Not blaming the privileged for being that way, it's a societal flaw, not an individual one.) And I think Kaley is admitting to that in that statement - that she never fought for it because she never experienced it, but she understands that people who fight for it really are fighting to better how society views them.
Exactly! She shows she's aware of that, but understands why she hasn't felt the need to fight herself. Why she got grief over this, I just don't know!
Old 01-04-2015, 08:21 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
Exactly! She shows she's aware of that, but understands why she hasn't felt the need to fight herself. Why she got grief over this, I just don't know!
She gets grief for almost everything she does/says. The reason? Nobody knows. Yesterday I read an article about her pictures after surgery where they were wondering why she's putting these "disgusting" pictures on Instagram. I mean... what?
Reply   Post New Thread