Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2014, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Honestly if Tennessee Williams is out of the discussion I really don't know. I don't want her to be in a movie role, as a movie actress,I'd prefer she be a stage actress. I guess I'd have to just say "something serious" since her speech we saw last season was a serious one and that's what impressed the guys. I'd much prefer she just do plays.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I think I prefer her in serious stuff, though I don't know specifically what film I'd want to see her in. I'd be kind of interested to see her do some voice acting, actually. Maybe for some of the Justice League and superhero cartoons that are out right now - and the guys would either love it or hate it depending on the writing and stories.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
Yeah, I think I prefer her in serious stuff, though I don't know specifically what film I'd want to see her in. I'd be kind of interested to see her do some voice acting, actually. Maybe for some of the Justice League and superhero cartoons that are out right now - and the guys would either love it or hate it depending on the writing and stories.
Ooooh I like it! I can just picture Howard. "We've got an entire shelf of DVDs of bad cartoons that we just bought for Penny!"

Old 05-04-2014, 08:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Ooooh I like it! I can just picture Howard. "We've got an entire shelf of DVDs of bad cartoons that we just bought for Penny!"
Yes. And then they'd try and show her the old cartoons that they grew up with like Spiderman, and Penny would be like, "These lines are so lame!" and then they'd freak out.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

I'd like it to be something that has an effect on the others, or a special interest for them. Like maybe if she played a scientist. She could study one of them/follow them at work. Or they'd all see her performance and get the idea she'd based the character on them, and get offended (or flattered, depending). Yes, I think I like this idea.

If not that (or a sic-fi role, which I've talked about before), it might be nice to see her in a small role where she has a little bit of success - and the rest of the group can celebrate with her.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Ooh a slightly belated TFTNT and woo thread 2!

I really can't imagine her doing a sci-fi or science-y show or anything like that. It would just be too... fanfic-y in my mind. Like they couldn't think of a role for Penny to play as an actress so they thought hey lets use what the guys do and make it ironic that she's playing a nerd. But that might just be me I dunno I'm just really set on her doing stuff on stage and a few commercials here and there, maybe a small role in a film but nothing huge.
TerribleWaitress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
I'd like it to be something that has an effect on the others, or a special interest for them. Like maybe if she played a scientist. She could study one of them/follow them at work. Or they'd all see her performance and get the idea she'd based the character on them, and get offended (or flattered, depending). Yes, I think I like this idea.

If not that (or a sic-fi role, which I've talked about before), it might be nice to see her in a small role where she has a little bit of success - and the rest of the group can celebrate with her.
I like the idea of Penny being in a role that causes her to follow her friends around for research. Maybe she could play Marie Curie in a historical drama?

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I like the idea of Penny being in a role that causes her to follow her friends around for research. Maybe she could play Marie Curie in a historical drama?
The resemblence is uncanny.

Old 05-04-2014, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

Sheldon if Penny got cast as Mme. Currie: Have the casting directors ever even seen a picture of her?
Old 05-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's what hair & makeup is for! Do you think that Penny looks like a crazed gorilla?

~Heidi
Old 05-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
The resemblence is uncanny.
Cracking up here
TerribleWaitress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well if they cast a white chick to be Katniss they can for sure do hair and makeup to make Penny Mme. Curie.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What do you think of Penny as Lara in a remake of Dr. Zhivago?

Phyiscally, she's got the hair - although they might lighten it a bit more. And I think she could pull off the age range - Lara goes from about 17 to something like mid-20s - but a mid-20s that's been through a war. It's an intensely dramatic role, but also one that is very romantic.

~Heidi
Old 05-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sure. I mean I don't know what that is, but sure.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You've never heard of Dr. Zhivago???? It's a David Lean film (for all I know, you've never heard of him, either - sheesh, I'm old!). It's from a Russian novel about the revolution that was, of course, banned in the Soviet Union, but was smuggled out and published in Italy. The movie is a sweeping epic. It's very good, but also very long - about 3-1/2 hours. But it stars Omar Sharif and I have no problem watching him for 3+ hours.

Lara is a girl of the Russian middle class. She is seduced and abused by an older man who was her mother's "patron". She meets Dr. Zhivago through him and they have an on-and-off love affair over about 20 years.

It's a great film.

~Heidi
Reply   Post New Thread