Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
That's true!
If it turned out he'd just come straight back, like the next day or whatever, I would be so annoyed - definitely feel cheated.
Yeah, that'd be pretty pointless.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:32 PM
Supreme Fan

Leonard can track his phone, so they would find out
Old 05-21-2014, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
Leonard can track his phone, so they would find out
Oh yeah! They'll know exactly where he is. I'm hoping he's actually told them though.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

Yay, new scoops

Quote:
That's true!
If it turned out he'd just come straight back, like the next day or whatever, I would be so annoyed - definitely feel cheated.
It denpends, if he would realize that he cannot live without Amy for one day it would be very sweet

~Susanne ~
Old 05-21-2014, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The idea that he never actually left is just speculation on the part of the interviewer. I don't think it means anything at all, except the interviewer wasn't paying attention at the end of the finale when it was obvious that some time had passed. It may have only been a day or two - but something.

Of course, it is remotely possible that Sheldon might spend a few days in the train station and never actually go anywhere. That would actually be somewhat in character - especially recently as Sheldon has demonstrated difficulty making decisions.

~Heidi
Old 05-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
The idea that he never actually left is just speculation on the part of the interviewer. I don't think it means anything at all, except the interviewer wasn't paying attention at the end of the finale when it was obvious that some time had passed. It may have only been a day or two - but something.

Of course, it is remotely possible that Sheldon might spend a few days in the train station and never actually go anywhere. That would actually be somewhat in character - especially recently as Sheldon has demonstrated difficulty making decisions.
I think Jim was humouring him/her. But see how starved we are of scoops, we'll even discuss this! The bit that surprised me was the suggestion that Jim 'grilled' TPTB about it - somehow I doubt it was quite like that. But maybe he is curious to know - not as much as we are though!
Old 05-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think Jim was humouring him/her. But see how starved we are of scoops, we'll even discuss this! The bit that surprised me was the suggestion that Jim 'grilled' TPTB about it - somehow I doubt it was quite like that. But maybe he is curious to know - not as much as we are though!
Good point. Somehow I think "grilling" TPTB would be highly out of character for Jim.

~Heidi
Old 05-23-2014, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Good point. Somehow I think "grilling" TPTB would be highly out of character for Jim.
Yeah he's always pretty chill.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

Bazingacast tweetet this article

ahem...

'The Big Bang Theory' season 8: Sheldon to stay and another wedding proposal soon, hints producer | Christian News on Christian Today

perhaps Sheldons mother is going to marry

~Susanne ~
Old 06-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
Oh I didn't see that one, thanks!

I think the author is misinterpreting what Steve said. I think by all the main characters being back, he just means that Jim isn't leaving the show, since it appears Sheldon called Amy from wherever he was. I could be wrong, but this could just mean Sheldon comes back in the first episode. I definitely think he went somewhere.

As for another engagement...I certainly wouldn't complain if Shamy got engaged, though I think it may be too soon yet.

Thoughts?

Old 06-06-2014, 08:38 AM
Total Fan

That article is the funniest thing I've read about TBBT in a while.

I agree that the author is misinterpreting Steve's words. I do think Steve means that the gang will be back together when the show comes back, so unlike what happened when Howard and Leonard went away, Sheldon will be back in town in the premiere.
I was fully expecting that.

As for engagement, I am guessing that if they play with that trope again, it would probably involve every possible combination of supporting and recurring characters EXCEPT Sheldon and Amy.

Raj/Emily?
Stuart/Mrs Wolowitz?
Sheldon's mom/her boyfriend?

#SerialApeist2Premiere #ATSKAA2014*
* ... and then Sheldon kissed Amy AGAIN.

Icon by bigbangsheldon
Old 06-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have a hard time taking any article seriously when they mistakenly call Penny "Peggy", say Sheldon was seen boarding a train and then say it's unclear if he actually got on the train and also have a number of typos and grammatical errors.

That said, knowing what's happened with Leonard and Penny, the wedding proposal could just be Penny proposing to Leonard again - or vice versa - as some sort of joke, or because they just decide they like proposing. Given what a running gag it's become, the producers might not be quite ready to give that up.

~Heidi
Old 06-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Total Fan

For what is worth, that article is a reprint of this one, which got its quotes from this THR article. Pretty obvious that they are taking quotes and spinning them out of context.

#SerialApeist2Premiere #ATSKAA2014*
* ... and then Sheldon kissed Amy AGAIN.

Icon by bigbangsheldon
Old 06-06-2014, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
For what is worth, that article is a reprint of this one, which got its quotes from this THR article. Pretty obvious that they are taking quotes and spinning them out of context.
Yeah, pretty hard to claim to be a legit source when their website url doesn't seem very TV centric.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

I saw many articles which were speculating if Sheldon will be back next season, it's always fun to read

What draw my attention was the part with the proposal but I don't think either that Shamy will get engaged very soon. But I love to speculate what this teaser could mean and who could propose

~Susanne ~
Closed Thread   Post New Thread