Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2017, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
I can't imagine that would happen. Unless they do something like last time and give them all some sort of role to play. Who knows how far in the future this wedding will be anyway? Plenty of time for plans to change.
I hope so! My Sheldon/Leonard friendship heart won't be able to take it otherwise!
Old 12-14-2017, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
I hope so! My Sheldon/Leonard friendship heart won't be able to take it otherwise!
Yes, I'm with you. It wouldn't be right!
Old 12-14-2017, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
She attended all tapings and she had scenes in every single episode so far, so she actually did work.
Melissa didn’t attend the few last taping, she’s not on the videos we. Saw of the curtain call. Most of the time we just heard her voice, which could have been recorded before. For the flashback episode her only scene could have been pretaped.

If Leonard isn’t Sheldon’s best man I won’t take it well either. The only reason I can see for this is that they don’t want both Leonard and Penny as best man/maid of honor. But Howard really? The one who gets the least along with Sheldon
~Laurence~
Old 12-14-2017, 04:38 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
Most of the time we just heard her voice, which could have been recorded before.
If that's the case, they could just as well have pre-taped a few scenes with her on screen. Even for the video scenes or the scenes where you could hear her voice, she needed to actually show up at work.

I simply don't think they're portraying her very well. Pregnant women don't spend all day in bed and they certainly have enough power to show up at their own daughter's first birthday.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

I simply don't think they're portraying her very well. Pregnant women don't spend all day in bed and they certainly have enough power to show up at their own daughter's first birthday.
They do if a doctor puts them on bed rest, though. I know lots of women who have had to stay in bed like Bernadette has during their pregnancy because they've over-done it, are at an advanced maternal age, have placenta previa, or a high risk pregnancy. Most women get pretty stir-crazy like Bernie has, but they really are not allowed to be getting up much.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:35 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
They do if a doctor puts them on bed rest, though. I know lots of women who have had to stay in bed like Bernadette has during their pregnancy because they've over-done it, are at an advanced maternal age, have placenta previa, or a high risk pregnancy. Most women get pretty stir-crazy like Bernie has, but they really are not allowed to be getting up much.
Given that this is her second pregnancy, all this is very unlikely.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Given that this is her second pregnancy, all this is very unlikely.
Not necessarily. A woman I know only had to go on bed rest for her second child, but not her first.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

In a lot of cases it's actually more common for a second pregnancy, for a variety of reasons, one of which being the mother is older for subsequent children than she was for her first, and when a woman gets pregnant quickly after giving birth, like in this case, because the body hasn't been given the chance to recover. I know my mom's second pregnancy was way more complicated than her first, and she told me that every doctor she talked to said that a lot of women have issues later on that they didn't have with their first babies (which being in the medical field was something she did already know anyway). And in cases where you are on bed rest, yes, you literally cannot go down the stairs and go outside. Because that's not being in bed.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:29 PM
Master Fan

Press Release for episode 11.13

Quote:
PENNY HELPS SHELDON FIGURE OUT HIS NEXT MOVE IN SCIENCE, ON “THE BIG BANG THEORY,” THURSDAY, JAN. 11

Laurie Metcalf Returns as Sheldon’s Mother, Mary

“The Solo Oscillation” – When Sheldon kicks Amy out to work solo, she and Leonard bond during a series of science experiments. Also, Bert the geologist replaces Wolowitz in the band Footprints on the Moon, and Sheldon finds Penny a surprising source of scientific inspiration, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Jan. 11 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Laurie Metcalf returns as Sheldon’s mother, Mary.

CHEAT TWEET: Penny helps Sheldon figure out his next move in science @BigBangTheory #CBS 1/11 8pm #LaurieMetcalf returns as Sheldon’s mom! http://bit.ly/2BfrWY1

REGULAR CAST:
Johnny Galecki (Leonard)
Jim Parsons (Sheldon)
Kaley Cuoco (Penny)
Simon Helberg (Wolowitz)
Kunal Nayyar (Koothrappali)
Mayim Bialik (Amy)
Melissa Rauch (Bernadette)

RECURRING CAST:
Laurie Metcalf (Mary)
Brian Posehn (Bert)
Pamela Adlon (Halley, O.S)

STORY BY: Chuck Lorre & Steve Holland & Anthony Del Broccolo
TELEPLAY BY: Eric Kaplan & Maria Ferrari & Jeremy Howe
DIRECTED BY: Mark Cendrowski
https://www.spoilertv.com/2017/12/th...1113-solo.html

Leonard: "Am I like the dryer sheets of your heart?"
Penny: "Better. You’re the lint trap of my love."
~Martin~
Old 12-21-2017, 11:22 PM
Master Fan

Leonard and Amy bonding over experimentations, that's sound interesting; but Bert in Footprints on the Moon is strange.
Thanks Martin
~Laurence~
Old 12-22-2017, 04:35 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks, Martin.

Not really impressed with the plots so far. Sounds like something we've seen a thousand times already.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm definitely excited to see Mary!

Old 12-24-2017, 10:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

Love Bert, love Mary. I enjoy Sheldon/Penny plots and Leonard/Amy plots as much as anyone. However this synopsis makes me feel like they are forcing it. I could be totally wrong and they might make it happen naturally, but that would be a pleasant surprise in a half hour show.
Old 12-24-2017, 01:04 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
I enjoy Sheldon/Penny plots and Leonard/Amy plots as much as anyone. However this synopsis makes me feel like they are forcing it.
I do too. You just know scenes like the bathroom scene at Sheldon's birthday party or the entirety of "The Vegas Renormalization" are what makes Sheldon and Penny great. However, when it comes to things like the love experiment or, in this case, Penny being a source of scientific inspiration for Sheldon, it feels like they're trying really hard to make a special scene, but it lacks some believability.

And, of course, Leonard and Amy have to bond over whatever Sheldon and Penny are doing. It's just getting really old and boring.

edit: I could be wrong, though. But based on past episodes with similar plots, these are usually pretty meh.

Last edited by FileXxX; 12-24-2017 at 01:11 PM
Old 12-25-2017, 12:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
Love Bert, love Mary. I enjoy Sheldon/Penny plots and Leonard/Amy plots as much as anyone. However this synopsis makes me feel like they are forcing it.
I agree.

Leonard: "Am I like the dryer sheets of your heart?"
Penny: "Better. You’re the lint trap of my love."
~Martin~
Closed Thread   Post New Thread