Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2017, 09:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

The Killer Robot Instability (2x12)

Original Air Date: January 12, 2009
Quote:
When the guys have an entry into the killer robot contest, Howard makes the mistake of pushing Penny one too many times with his creepy ways and he is subject to her anger.
Originally I was going to post this thread when the episode aired, but much like in June that didn't happen this month either. Still I want to stick to my promise to post episode threads FF doesn't have once per month. It's been awhile since I've seen this episode. I'll watch it again to refresh my memory. But if anyone else has thoughts on this episode, please feel free discuss. Thoughts on this episode?

Last edited by meka3000; 09-01-2017 at 09:00 PM
meka3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

I know nobody has wanted to talk about this episode, but tonight this episode will be re-airing on tbs @ 8:30e/7:30c pm. So if anybody wants to talk about this episode I'll be here. Hope to see some of you!
Old 09-20-2017, 09:08 AM
Supreme Fan

Penny: "It's just a toy."
Sheldon: "Just a toy?"
Leonard: "Penny..."

I love how Penny learned to be more sympathetic around the guys. And Howard to be less creepy around Penny.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

This episode seems to divide alot of people. And most of it seems to come down to extremes. You either hated Howard's pepe lepew behavior or you didn't. Your either mad penny got away with punching Howard, or you felt Howard had it coming. You either think Penny's "your going to die alone" line, went too far, or because of his harassment he got some comeuppance.

Ironically I'm somewhere in the middle. I don't condone penny punching Howard, but I'm not rushing to his side to defend him either. Penny went out of her way to help him when she never had to. And by the end, they're still able to hang out, but now Howard has a clear indication on what Penny will do when you "don't treat bath tubs with respect"

Is this Barry Kripke's first episode?

The killer robot stuffs seems dated now, though to be fair it seems to drift in & out of pop culture.

Also can we appreciate just how far Howard has come? Whoever thought he'd be the first to get married & become a father? You'd never see him hitting on penny or other women anymore. And while not all of Howard's mischievous tendencies have disappeared, they've been reined in alot. And that growth and appreciation for how far Howard has come, doesn't happen without seeing the moments from him that could make us cringe. Thats why it disappoints me when some people want to police how people come across on TV, because it might send a bad message. When they don't see Howard's development they miss the forest for the trees. That's why I try not to write off negative behavior from fictional characters. Sometimes to paint a pretty picture, you have to use some dark colors. We also call this trope, "Heartwarming in hindsight".

I give this episode a B (8 out of 10)
Reply   Post New Thread