Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Absolute Fan

Nice interview with Kevin TV Store Online's Blog - TV Show and Movie News: Actor/Writer Kevin Sussman talks about playing Stuart on THE BIG BANG THEORY TV Store Online

some quotes relevant to TBBT:
Quote:
TV STORE ONLINE: So how did THE BIG BANG THEORY come to you?

KEVIN SUSSMAN: I had originally auditioned for that show a couple of times. The first time I auditioned for it I ended up not being available. I was still under contract for UGLY BETTY even though I wasn't on the show any more, so I couldn't do it. Then, I auditioned again for Chuck Lorre and he had wanted me to play 'Kripke' but I was doing a movie at the time or something. Then of course, John Ross Bowie my friend and writing partner on DARK MINIONS was cast on the show as 'Kripke'. I really lucked out, because the next role that came up on the show was for 'Stuart' and Chuck asked me if I wanted to do that. It's a lucky role because the comic store is the perfect place for the guys to go on the show. My character is on the show even when he has nothing to do because he owns the store.
originally they wanted him to play Kripke!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
that ironic dryness of Stuart and his objectivity about his low nerd status, and being broke, and trying to run a comic book store and how ****ty of an existence it is, I can totally relate to that. I mean, I didn't own the comic book store that I worked at, but I know the owners of it really felt the same way as Stuart does. No one opens up a comic book store to make money. Although it would be great, it's just really hard to do. So the fact that I've had that experience in life gives me all the confidence in the world. The sweet spot on the show is when I get to say something that I actually would've said when I was working in a comic book store.
awwww

anyway, if you can read the whole interview, it's really nice! and it includes the trailer for his new show, featuring John Ross Bowie
Sursonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

omg @ the fact he could've been kripke. :
Old 05-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Did he get demoted or something? I thought he was in the opening credits for a while.

☆Krys ☆
topherkraz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbangsheldon (View Post)
omg @ the fact he could've been kripke. :
omg. That's my reaction as well.
Musickat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the interview! And Wow, he was almost Kripke. I can't imagine anyone but John Ross Bowie doing that voice now.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by topherkraz78 (View Post)
Did he get demoted or something? I thought he was in the opening credits for a while.
He was listed as main cast in the taping program when I was there, but I don't know if he was ever in opening credits

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
He was listed as main cast in the taping program when I was there, but I don't know if he was ever in opening credits
I saw his name several times in the credits.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the article, interesting read.

Kevin as Kripke just does not compute, though. I'm glad everything worked out the way it did!
notyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

He was casted as a regular or something aat the start of S6 but then he did all his episodes, Morya explains it better probably
Old 05-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
He was casted as a regular or something aat the start of S6 but then he did all his episodes, Morya explains it better probably
It's funny 'cuz it's true.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah I think it was a deal like Sara had in season two.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:03 AM
Total Fan

@ Rae and Babe. Y'all are making me sound like a know-it-all.
I think that Nicole and Chloebabe got it. Kevin had the same kind of contract that Sara had (and Mayim and Melissa for that matter). Their names are in the credits only when they are in the episode. Kevin was still listed with the main cast in The Monster Isolation program, which wad his last appearance this season, even though he had already exceeded the 7 episodes minimum.

Thanks for the interview. I didn't realize he was in Wet Hot American Summer (with lots of hair ) but then again I only watched that crazy movie because David Hyde Pierce is in it too.
moyrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Passionate Fan

I watched Wet Hot American Summer today! It was uhm, not so good movie, but Kevin was precious with his hair
Old 10-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Passionate Fan

I seriously need more Stuart in my life.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsadoraH (View Post)
I seriously need more Stuart in my life.
I'd be more than willing to have him as my friend. If he was real, that is.

teoriapostmoderna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread