Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

Oh fun! I love Stuart! That line you quote Krys was my favorite. Kevin's delivery is always great! He manages to make a pathetic character like Stuart hilarious.

Add me please?
Musickat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Supreme Fan

Added. Do you think we'll see the Comic Book store soon?

☆Krys ☆
topherkraz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
Whoa! I thought I was the only one who had watched that movie.

Kevin is a great actor. Tbh, I loved confident!Stuart from earlier seasons more. His character is too pathetic now. Not sure why the writers are doing that...are they trying to make Raj look better by comparison?
I thought that about myself. It's definitely an acquired taste. I used to be obsessed with Stella, the comedy troupe who were behind the making of that movie (The director, Coop, and McKinley). And I'm in love with Paul Rudd.

But yeah, Kevin really is great. I really liked his confidence as well, but he is working with his new material awesomely, too. Maybe since he's a regular now, we'll actually get some Stuart character development this season...I mean, he does have a place to sleep now that isn't the Comic Book Store, so that's a start.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think Kevin is solid actor. I've enjoyed his work in everything I've seem him in.

As for Stuart....not as much as in the beginning. I enjoyed his character a lot more when he had some confidence, back in season two when he smoothy asked Penny out on a date.

I normally don't put much stock in this kind of stuff but to me it feels like they(the writers)deliberately tore him down and started making him act like such a pathetic sad sack in order to prop Leonard up and as the seasons have progressed his character has gotten worse in this regard.
Berserkrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Supreme Fan

I thought earlier this year we heard that Kevin and Jon got a show together. Did it not pan out and that is why he was able to commit to BBT?

☆Krys ☆
Old 10-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Elite Fan

I'm thinking when I read about it, they were involved with the creation...maybe the writing too. I remember thinking it didn't seem like he was actually IN the show. I also have assumed that the reason TBBT signed him as a regular was so that they would have him contractually bound if they needed him...but that's purely my assumption.

So...what I'm really saying, is I don't know anything.

ETA:
I also wonder if it's possible that his show, if he is involved in it, maybe schedules their off weeks differently than TBBT so that he can be involved during those weeks.
Musickat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahha (View Post)
I thought that about myself. It's definitely an acquired taste. I used to be obsessed with Stella, the comedy troupe who were behind the making of that movie (The director, Coop, and McKinley). And I'm in love with Paul Rudd.
To be honest, I only watched it because of David Hyde Pierce.
It's definitely an acquired taste.

Oh, I forgot to say - Please add me.
moyrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't heard anything about the other show, so my guess is nothing came of it. But I could be wrong, I don't follow either actor (aside from on Twitter).

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

Oh, I forgot to say - Please add me.
Already did. I assumed.

☆Krys ☆
Old 10-20-2012, 11:14 AM
Total Fan

If y'all are talking about the show that was picked up by Fox according to THR, I think it is supposed to be a mid season replacement and Kevin/John are not in it.
moyrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
If y'all are talking about the show that was picked up by Fox according to THR, I think it is supposed to be a mid season replacement and Kevin/John are not in it.
Ah, that makes sense.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Supreme Fan

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/big-...comedy-to-cbs/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...edy-cbs-365894

However, it was said last year it was going to be on Fox.

☆Krys ☆
Old 10-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Yay, Stuart! Add me to the list, please?

Quote:
Kevin is a great actor. Tbh, I loved confident!Stuart from earlier seasons more. His character is too pathetic now. Not sure why the writers are doing that...are they trying to make Raj look better by comparison?
I loved the earlier season Stuart, too. But the way he is at the moment... I don't understand what happened there, either. He still gets some great one-liners, but I hope they treat him a bit better in future.
notyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Krys will add you once she gets here!

I was so happy back in season two of The Mentalist when Kevin guest starred. My sister was brushing her teeth and I ran down the hall and banged on the door and was like STUART IS IN THE MENTALIST! She got to the living room just in time to see "Phil the Frog Man" punch a buy.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Supreme Fan

I believe I've added everyone that has requested. I dont take up too much on a thread I normally don't message that I did so unless I have something else to add.

☆Krys ☆
Reply   Post New Thread