Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirubreezy
Johnny will be on Live! with Kelly tomorrow morning (live from Canada!)

:-D
Oh, another thing I need to get my mom to DVR!

Can't miss Johnny on one of my favorite talk shows!
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here´s the interview with Johnny:

Johnny Galecki - The Big Bang Theory *Interview (Apr.4/11) - YouTube
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by fanforum~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 04-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Really enjoyed the new interview! Wish I could see him try to ski, haha.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 04-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like how he spent such a long time talking about ghosts, completely serious. And "she said the last time she'd skated she was eighteen; she didn't say that was the only time she'd ever been skating."

Old 04-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I like how he spent such a long time talking about ghosts, completely serious.
I know! His tone fooled me for a second and then I was like, "Wait...are we still on ghosts here?"
Old 04-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
Thanks. Loved the interview.

Can I be added to the Supporters list?
Old 04-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-90

Thanks. Loved the interview.

Can I be added to the Supporters list?
I almost forgot that I started this thread! I'm mobile tonight and I can't edit the OP on my phone. Roxanne and Nicole, can you guys help me out by adding? It's greatly appreciated!

Oh, and loved the interview. I am still gonna watch it on the DVR when I get a chance.

I chuckled at the friendly ghosts watching TBBT on a loop. You gotta love him!
Old 04-06-2012, 03:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Johnny is really under appreciated as an actor. It doesn't help that his show rarely gives him the quality material to work with that his co-stars get on a regular basis.

In most episodes these days he's just "there". The only other actor on TBBT who suffers more from this is Kunal.

I want to see some real character development for Leonard. The kind they've been showering on Howard over the last year or more.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:19 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserkrules (View Post)
Johnny is really under appreciated as an actor. It doesn't help that his show rarely gives him the quality material to work with that his co-stars get on a regular basis.

In most episodes these days he's just "there". The only other actor on TBBT who suffers more from this is Kunal.

I want to see some real character development for Leonard. The kind they've been showering on Howard over the last year or more.
I kind of know what you mean. But really, like Kunal, he does the most with what he's given to work with. [I love how he delivers his little snarky lines.]

Since he's the straight man and nice guy of the show, that limits what they can do with him. [I'm just glad they haven't made him a jerk.] They are showing him as being more confident in his own skin now [being the King of Nerds], and unlike in the past when he says Penny's "perfect," he sees how she really is now. They probably just need to play it up some more. They wouldn't want to make too many changes in the show, seeing as how some people complain with the changes so far.

"If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
Kath/Anthea // fanfiction // tumblr
Old 04-06-2012, 05:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by genki-escapist (View Post)
I kind of know what you mean. But really, like Kunal, he does the most with what he's given to work with. [I love how he delivers his little snarky lines.]

Since he's the straight man and nice guy of the show, that limits what they can do with him. [I'm just glad they haven't made him a jerk.] They are showing him as being more confident in his own skin now [being the King of Nerds], and unlike in the past when he says Penny's "perfect," he sees how she really is now. They probably just need to play it up some more. They wouldn't want to make too many changes in the show, seeing as how some people complain with the changes so far.
I agree. Since season three we've seen him gain more confidence and I think you can see it especially in this season. That was one of his biggest issues in the beginning was his lack of confidence and how nervous he was and it caused him to let others walk all over him. He may still do that at times, but he's gotten much better at it with Sheldon in TFC and now with Penny in their beta test.

And, yeah. as the straight man he won't get the kind of material some of the others will, but he does a great job with what he's given and obviously it hasn't gone unnoticed by the awards people.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
I agree. Since season three we've seen him gain more confidence and I think you can see it especially in this season. That was one of his biggest issues in the beginning was his lack of confidence and how nervous he was and it caused him to let others walk all over him. He may still do that at times, but he's gotten much better at it with Sheldon in TFC and now with Penny in their beta test.

And, yeah. as the straight man he won't get the kind of material some of the others will, but he does a great job with what he's given and obviously it hasn't gone unnoticed by the awards people.
I also agree-and he did choose to be the straight man so he knew he wasn't going to get any crazy out there stuff like a Sheldon character would-or a Barney character, or anything like that. But the awards shows aren't ignoring him; they recognize his talent and whether people realize it or not, without Johnny/Leonard, a lot of what Sheldon says and does wouldn't be as funny-they need that reaction on screen.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids

I also agree-and he did choose to be the straight man so he knew he wasn't going to get any crazy out there stuff like a Sheldon character would-or a Barney character, or anything like that. But the awards shows aren't ignoring him; they recognize his talent and whether people realize it or not, without Johnny/Leonard, a lot of what Sheldon says and does wouldn't be as funny-they need that reaction on screen.
Yes exactly! Johnny's reactions are EPIC!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbcountry37 (View Post)
Yes exactly! Johnny's reactions are EPIC!
Yeah, there are times when his reactions are better than the actual person or thing he's reacting to.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
Yeah, there are times when his reactions are better than the actual person or thing he's reacting to.
I second that!

Old 04-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Johnny and Kelli in Canada...