Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2015, 03:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
I wonder if he is her gynecologist, there is an ultrasound in the background and the trailer says, the girl is pregnant.
That could be I don't think I'll watch the movie so I'll find out when they put a summary on wikipedia
Old 07-22-2015, 06:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

I won't be watching that either lol. BlumHouse also produced The Normal Heart, I guess that has to do with why Jim is in this film.

By the way, the Russian site says it comes out on 17 September 2015, not 2016.

All the photos are here: KinoPoisk

Old 07-23-2015, 12:54 AM
Master Fan

According to Vickys social media accounts, she has seen the play now

~Susanne ~
Old 07-23-2015, 05:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
She must be having the most AMAZING time!!!!!
Old 07-23-2015, 07:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Awesome
Old 07-26-2015, 04:46 AM
Ultimate Fan

Going Out with a Big Bang: An Act of God, Starring Jim Parsons, Recoups In Final Weeks on Broadway | Broadway Buzz | Broadway.com

This was so, so good. I was so fortunate to be able to see it twice, and yet, I'm still feeling a little sad that I won't be able to see it one more time. That's how good he was!

Tim Kazurinsky on working with Jim Parsons

Sheldon Kissed Amy

~ Rosie
Old 07-26-2015, 08:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I wonder if he is her gynecologist, there is an ultrasound in the background and the trailer says, the girl is pregnant.
Oh, good catch. I can't help thinking: Lady parts. The horror!
Thanks for the big pics, GLT!

You guys, I can't tell you how unbelievably AMAZING Act of God is! Obviously I'd read the great reviews and seen how everyone was raving about it, but I was still taken aback by how unrelentingly hilarious and lively it was. It's just so much fun. But then as it goes on there are also more serious, meaningful parts - and you can imagine how powerful Jim's performance is.
If there's a Tony for most quotable play, it HAS to win! The angels are hysterical. Jim we already know is perfect. I'm wondering if the play will have a run with another actor some time.

Rosie - thank you very much again for explaining some American references I didn't get!
And are you really not going to be able to see it again? I would have happily seen it many more times! When I was leaving my hotel, I couldn't hold it in any longer and sobbed. I wished I'd just spent all my money and stayed for two weeks!

Here's one of my fave pics. There are a few more on my IG account if you want to look.

Oh, and my God, on Thursday night Jim leaned right over my head to sign Playbills for people behind me. Most of the pics I got at that moment were very shaky, just as I was! I don't expect to recover…
Old 07-26-2015, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Great pictures, Vicky!
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 07-26-2015, 11:45 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
Oh, and my God, on Thursday night Jim leaned right over my head to sign Playbills for people behind me. Most of the pics I got at that moment were very shaky, just as I was! I don't expect to recover…
Did he ask you to inspect any suspicious moles on his back??

Glad to help with the references, and glad you had the chance to hop across the pond and see him!

Ya know, it didn't occur to me til we were leaving for home - I was so focused on getting my younger daughter's Playbill signed, that it never occurred to me to hold out mine for him to sign! Srsly, I would be less than useless if I ever got to have a conversation with him.

Sheldon Kissed Amy

~ Rosie
Old 07-26-2015, 02:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

Glad you had such an amazing time Vicky I'm so jealous

And Rosie, it's really selfless of you to make sure your daughter's playbill was signed even at the expense of your own You're a great mom!
Old 07-26-2015, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
Did you feel his breath in your neck?

Thanks Vicky for your report, I'm happy for you, you had such a great time. The next time, Jim is on stage in New York; I'm trying to get some tickets too

~Susanne ~
Old 07-26-2015, 02:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

You lucky, lucky duck, Vicky Your pictures are fantastic! Were you actually able to go to the back entrance right after the shows you attended? Or did you wait for him during other performances?
Old 07-27-2015, 09:11 AM
Passionate Fan

Oooh, Vicky, I'm so happy you did get to see the play and saw Jim so close! Such great pictures you got too.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

Thanks guys!
Quote:
Did you feel his breath in your neck?

Thanks Vicky for your report, I'm happy for you, you had such a great time. The next time, Jim is on stage in New York; I'm trying to get some tickets too
People keep asking if I smelled him, breathed him in, etc! I'm afraid I failed. I should point out that Jim's head height is considerably above mine, so, you know… All I could do was gaze at him. I did actually manage to say congratulations on the show, but I don't think he heard me. But I'm just glad I was able to say it.

It would be so awesome if a group of us could meet up to see Jim some time. I don't know if I'll get the chance to go again, but if I possibly can I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantLoveTingles (View Post)
You lucky, lucky duck, Vicky Your pictures are fantastic! Were you actually able to go to the back entrance right after the shows you attended? Or did you wait for him during other performances?
Thank you. I went to the Tuesday and Thursday night performances, and we were let out straight onto 53rd Street where the stage door is. It took a while to get out, but I managed to sort of squeeze almost onto the railing on Tuesday, then Thursday I slipped past some slow movers to get what I think was the last spot on the rail. I got my best pictures on Wednesday afternoon - the lovely people at the theatre gave me a couple of extra Playbills to give to friends, and I got them signed after the matinee.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh, right, that's really cool. And you got to see Jim three days in a row, how awesome is that!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread