Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2012, 12:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustmelody77 (View Post)
Thanks for the correction Lio. I have seen it written both ways (courage and confidence). I knew there was a second word, but could not remember it. Courage is probably the first word I would use and confidence as second. He often wore the green when he was acting very confident though in previous seasons (especially if in a confrontation, such as when he and Amy broke up temporarily).
I just took it straight from the wiki about the shirts and color coding according to the Latern...league...whatever it is. (Please don't tell Sheldon I don't know that. I'll be fired as the teeshirt interpreter.)

As for that interviewer... I'm sure he's a really nice guy, but he just came across as super smarmy in that interview, didn't he? *shudders*
Old 08-21-2012, 07:35 AM
Addicted Fan

Can anyone get me a link of any JP interview where he's subconsciously lip-biting? Thank you.

Edit: Oh wait. I was just kidding. Nevermind.

Lol Chloe! I can't stop laughing there!
Old 08-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Jim's cute comments in this one: Jim Parsons’s Favorite Season 5 Big Bang Episode -- Vulture Interesting he enjoyed this episode so much. I thought he was adorable in it, but love to see his take on the matter.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Jim's cute comments in this one: Jim Parsons’s Favorite Season 5 Big Bang Episode -- Vulture Interesting he enjoyed this episode so much. I thought he was adorable in it, but love to see his take on the matter.
thanks for the article, very interesting read. It does show how much Jim enjoys playing Sheldon out of his confort zone and this episode surely did that. Also, loved his comments about Johnny
Old 08-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Quote:
"The only time I got scared was — and it fit the script in a way — when Sheldon is supposed to pet the bird," he admits. "Because I thought, well, I would bite me. Birds don't like to be petted ... and we only had to do a couple takes or whatever, and he did not ever bite me. But that part kind of freaked me out."
Me and you both, Jim.

ETA:

But on a serious note, it's really cool to read his perspective on episodes.
I wish the cast would do commentary on all their episodes on the DVDs.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Total Fan

I remember that we discussed how well-behaved that bird seemed, and we theorized it was because animals usually know who to trust. Jim says that the bird never bit him. I am not surprised. When Sheldon was giving the bird a drink, he had this huge smile that reached his eyes and I could have sworn that was really Jim coming through.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
I remember that we discussed how well-behaved that bird seemed, and we theorized it was because animals usually know who to trust. Jim says that the bird never bit him. I am not surprised. When Sheldon was giving the bird a drink, he had this huge smile that reached his eyes and I could have sworn that was really Jim coming through.
I like that theory.
Also, who had the huge smile in his eyes? Jim or the bird?
Or both?
Even birds are in love with him. Fact.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Total Fan

LOL, Jim had a huge smile that reached his eyes.

Quote:
That was the same conclusion we reached the last time we discussed TOD.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahha (View Post)
as I read that comment, my brain transformed The Carpenter's "close to you" to this:

Why do birds, suddenly appear
everytime
they see Jim?
Just like "we", they long to be, close to him...

I need help, I know
Old 08-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)
as I read that comment, my brain transformed The Carpenter's "close to you" to this:

Why do birds, suddenly appear
everytime
they see Jim?
Just like "we", they long to be, close to him...

I need help, I know
No, you don't, that song sounds about right.

Quote:
That was the same conclusion we reached the last time we discussed TOD.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for posting Jim's input. TOD is definitely one of my season 5 favorites too - apart from being hilarious, it was such a significant step of character growth for Sheldon. 'Come back here, you stupid bird, so I can love you' were some of the most touching words ever spoken by Sheldon, and still remains my signature. And the sentiments developed were a definite lead-in to TFSA.

It's also lovely to hear the sweet little behind-the-scenes about the bird, right from Jim himself. I'm imagining him interacting 'eye-to-eye' with it.
I remember the taping report mentioned that at one point, when the bird was perched on his arm and he was getting lovey-dovey with it, the bird was actually reluctant to leave his arm. And my first though was, who wouldn't be? As Sarah says, even birds are in love with him.

Quote:
Also, who had the huge smile in his eyes? Jim or the bird?
Or both?
This question is cracking me up for some reason.

Edit: That song is perfect, Yanina.

Last edited by Pomita; 08-21-2012 at 02:44 PM
Old 08-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

I bet if Jim was a bird he'd be something majestic like an eagle, or maybe something pretty like a parrot.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbangsheldon (View Post)
I bet if Jim was a bird he'd be something majestic like an eagle, or maybe something pretty like a parrot.

Maybe it's the long work day...or maybe it's just that it's funny, but I have tears in my eyes from trying to contain my laughter at this statement. (or indeed the whole conversation)

Don't hate me, but I was generally "meh" about TOD.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18

Maybe it's the long work day...or maybe it's just that it's funny, but I have tears in my eyes from trying to contain my laughter at this statement. (or indeed the whole conversation)

Don't hate me, but I was generally "meh" about TOD.
Don't worry, Rae..because:

1) I just finished an 8hr work day and had the same reaction to the said conversation

and

2) TOD was also "meh" for me...it is what it is. Not an ep I remember well.
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!
Old 08-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbangsheldon (View Post)
well,,,, Jim did have a couple of parakeets he said on Conan Jim Parsons Interview 09/21/11 @ TeamCoco.com
Closed Thread   Post New Thread