Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2014, 06:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefi62 (View Post)
I'm glad you like it guys. Working on Shamy Genesis part 8 right now.

I agree, it is very interesting to see how their relationship both as actors and people progressed, from basically knowing nothing about each other to being very good friends, and how what happens onscreen between their character also seems to impact their relationship, and vice versa.
Really is just so moving

TY Stef!!!
Old 11-20-2014, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

I think some of you were interested in BTS from 8.10. I was going to post this after the promo came out, but decided to be on the safe side and wait.

Mayim and Jim seemed to be in good spirits, with lots of giggles between them. Mayim especially was being very funny and playful during the taping. I didn't know at the time about Carol Ann Susi, but when I found out I thought maybe that was their way of coping with it that night.

Before the cold open, Jim was saying something to the clapperboard guy and patted him on the hip. Then he said something about 'the first time… [something…] and I do something inappropriate!' Later, the clapperboard guy was back - I think for the LeVar Burton scene - I think Mayim said something and Jim said "I don't want to manhandle him… I'm going to get sued. This is filmed."

Before one take, I think the second take of the first scene, Jim said something to Mayim which made her giggle, and she said "why would you say that now?" laughing. After one take, one of them patted the other on the hand (for some reason I couldn't remember who did the patting!) I find them so cute!!

I think I already wrote about Jim and Mayim telling the audience about the guy on the crew working on his 1000th episode. That was after the cold open.

There was another funny bit, when Mayim was ready waiting for the director to call action - or actually waiting to call action herself on FWF - she looked around and then made sort of mocking 'talky hand' gestures! I guess the writers/crew were having some discussion. I think that was when they added in her looking at the camera and saying "take that glass ceiling!"
Old 11-21-2014, 07:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Awww thanks Vicky!

I love reading about the BTS stuff! And that was so awesome how they added that "glass ceiling" bit in
Old 11-21-2014, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Vicky, that sounds really cute.

The stuff with the costumes was pre-taped or did they tape it live?

~Susanne ~
Old 11-21-2014, 08:44 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the behind the scenes Vicky, you were so lucky to attend sur a funny episode.

And oh yay, if you did see them in costumes live, I'm definitely jealous!
Old 11-21-2014, 12:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

TY for sharing the BTS action Vicky! I love hearing about how they goof off and laugh.

Sheldon Kissed Amy

~ Rosie
Old 11-21-2014, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

awww, I have to bring this paragraph from the recent AV-club critics in here

Quote:
When Jim Parsons and Mayim Bialik share the screen, they’re magnetic. Typically, comedy comes from the pairing of opposites, which allows the actors to play off of the differences in each character. That’s not true with Parsons and Bialik though. When together, they have this kinetic energy, a sense of pacing and timing that’s integral to selling and elevating the awkward-nerd schtick...
Review: The Big Bang Theory: “The Champagne Reflection” · TV Club · The A.V. Club

~Susanne ~
Old 11-22-2014, 09:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Awww such a beautiful review - thanks for the link Susanne
Old 11-24-2014, 11:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
awww, I have to bring this paragraph from the recent AV-club critics in here

Review: The Big Bang Theory: “The Champagne Reflection” · TV Club · The A.V. Club
Love that!!! I vote it should go in the OP! The quote and the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
Thanks Vicky, that sounds really cute.

The stuff with the costumes was pre-taped or did they tape it live?
Pre-taped, so we saw the whole montage as it appeared in the show. We were laughing hysterically (obviously). I don't think it would have worked if they'd have done each bit live, it would've ruined the rhythm. Not to mention it would have taken all night with the costume changes!
Old 11-25-2014, 04:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh Vicky how awesome being able to go to that taping! I would have been in stitches

Oh and yesterday I stumbled across a pic of Jim and Mayim on the front cover of a People magazine that was dated 10 April 2014 and it read something along the lines of them talking about their Sheldon and Amy relationship. This picture was on IG and I'm not sure if it was real or did a genius make it themselves? I'm guessing it's not real???
Old 11-25-2014, 10:57 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezz (View Post)
Oh Vicky how awesome being able to go to that taping! I would have been in stitches

Oh and yesterday I stumbled across a pic of Jim and Mayim on the front cover of a People magazine that was dated 10 April 2014 and it read something along the lines of them talking about their Sheldon and Amy relationship. This picture was on IG and I'm not sure if it was real or did a genius make it themselves? I'm guessing it's not real???
I *think* I know which picture you mean, and I believe it was not real. I could be totally wrong though.

Sheldon Kissed Amy

~ Rosie
Old 11-25-2014, 04:02 PM
Master Fan

There are a lot of manips out there, so I don't think they made it ever on the cover of people. There only was a small pic from their Emmy selfie on the cover of the September issue. (but I'm not even sure either if that was a manip or real) Thats the reason I'm not a fan of manips, later you never know if those things were real ore not.

~Susanne ~
Old 11-26-2014, 06:18 AM
Ultimate Fan

So Mayim and Jim have each posted from NY over the last few days. Crossing fingers for some MaJim pics!!

Sheldon Kissed Amy

~ Rosie
Old 11-26-2014, 07:32 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Rosie and Susanne - I suspected it wouldn't be real otherwise I would have heard about it here
Old 11-27-2014, 03:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
Love that!!! I vote it should go in the OP! The quote and the link.

And our next title could be "When they share the screen, they’re magnetic"

~Susanne ~
Closed Thread   Post New Thread