Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)
It could be But with a Howardette spin to it because otherwise it would just be repetitive and unoriginal
I feel Howardette as parents would involve a lot more yelling.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 05:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
I feel Howardette as parents would involve a lot more yelling.
Oh definitively Boy if they decide to go down that route, I sure hope Melissa has her vocal cords ready
IcyBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)
Oh definitively Boy if they decide to go down that route, I sure hope Melissa has her vocal cords ready
They'll need to have a constant supply of cough drops.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Addicted Fan

I agree with both SargentFuzzyBoots and IceBerry about everything. It would be interesting to Howard and Bernadette acting like parents.
socialfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

I really enjoyed how Bernadette put a stop to any of Howard's pity party attempts. She's finally learned her way around that trick.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:11 AM
Elite Fan

Yes!

I'm glad they're having another conversation about having kids. I can understand Bernie's perspective though, and I do still believe that people who don't want kids shouldn't have kids, but...it's nice she's not just completely shutting the idea down.
Musickat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I really enjoyed how Bernadette put a stop to any of Howard's pity party attempts. She's finally learned her way around that trick.
Yes. She's 1000% done with those guilt trips.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's true, but I'm glad she compromised on the redecorating thing. Most people seem to view Howard as being unreasonable and/or a baby for not wanting things changed in his mother's house, but I understand him totally, and I see this as another example of TBBT showing both sides of an argument equally. Remember how he felt when they found the defrosted food? It's the same emotional buttons being pushed for him here - changing the way his mother had things is in some sense erasing her memory. She hasn't even been gone a year.

To be honest, I find it weird that they chose to live in her house. I understand the writers wanting to keep that set as part of the show, and of course it throws up all sorts of funny/creepy conflicts, but for the characters it doesn't seem like the healthiest thing.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)

To be honest, I find it weird that they chose to live in her house. I understand the writers wanting to keep that set as part of the show, and of course it throws up all sorts of funny/creepy conflicts, but for the characters it doesn't seem like the healthiest thing.
Meh, it's certainly no worse than the living arrangements between S/L/P IMO
Old 11-06-2015, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

I really love that they moved into the house because I feel it's a good way to keep Mrs. W's spirit alive, but I actually think it's rather unhealthy if they keep everything decorated the same. I think for Howard to not want to let go of some of the things about the house would be a sort of emotional hoarding of his mother's presence that would create a lot of problems for him personally and Bernadette. Howard needs to be able to carve out his own life in that house separate from his childhood and, in certain ways, his mother. Her taste and style of the house aren't what will keep Mrs. W's memory alive, but Howard keeping what she taught him with him. So I feel it's good of Bernadette to push him past languishing in pity, otherwise he'll end up stuck like he was moving out the first time.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I really love that they moved into the house because I feel it's a good way to keep Mrs. W's spirit alive, but I actually think it's rather unhealthy if they keep everything decorated the same. I think for Howard to not want to let go of some of the things about the house would be a sort of emotional hoarding of his mother's presence that would create a lot of problems for him personally and Bernadette. Howard needs to be able to carve out his own life in that house separate from his childhood and, in certain ways, his mother. Her taste and style of the house aren't what will keep Mrs. W's memory alive, but Howard keeping what she taught him with him. So I feel it's good of Bernadette to push him past languishing in pity, otherwise he'll end up stuck like he was moving out the first time.
That's a good point you bring up

I hope that this storyline will get revisited some time later in the season.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's why I think they would've been better living in their own place. Changing it will be very difficult for Howard. Of course it's unhealthy to leave everything permanently as it was, but that doesn't make it less difficult to change it. I'm not questioning the show's choice to have it that way. Just, if they were real people, it doesn't seem a good idea to me.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah they should redecorate the house a little bit but Howard can keep some thing that remind him of his mom (pictures, dishes, some jewelry) so he will never forget her.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 08:03 AM
New Fan

Quote:
And part of my hope in Stuart staying is that Howard and Bernadette become sort of like his parents at times; sort of like how Leonard and Penny are with Sheldon. I think it could be really funny.
I like this idea. I can't picture kids on this show, and I'm not sure I like the idea of Bernadette feeling pressured to have kids when she clearly doesn't want them.
Rule 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 08:08 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, redecorating doesn't mean they have to get rid of everything. I don't blame Bernie for not feeling at home there.
Musickat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread