Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2015, 07:38 PM
Loyal Fan

I have to give props to the girls, especially Bernie, for their support for Amy. As soon as Penny heard about the break-up, she got on the phone with Amy. And Bernie was making sure Amy was ok, and agreeing with Stuart that any guy would be lucky to have her. It was sweet, and I'm glad Amy has her besties right now to help her through this.
Anglophile79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglophile79 (View Post)
I have to give props to the girls, especially Bernie, for their support for Amy. As soon as Penny heard about the break-up, she got on the phone with Amy. And Bernie was making sure Amy was ok, and agreeing with Stuart that any guy would be lucky to have her. It was sweet, and I'm glad Amy has her besties right now to help her through this.
Penny immediately pulling out her phone to call Amy made me smile!
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I do agree, those were a couple of sweet moments. Although I hope we see them helping her work through it. She's not sure of what she's done. I hope Penny and Bernie don't go all out encouraging her to find someone new, and at least consider the possibility that it could be good for her to get back with Sheldon eventually.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:13 AM
Master Fan

Bernie at least showed some sympathy towards Sheldon. She really felt sorry when he was standing at the window and Howard was closing the curtains

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
Bernie at least showed some sympathy towards Sheldon. She really felt sorry when he was standing at the window and Howard was closing the curtains
That bit was so cruel!
I didn't really notice Bernie in that bit. I still need to rewatch the episode - in the daylight, not 1 in the morning this time.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:33 AM
Master Fan

She asked Howard to do something and he went and closed the curtains. She opend them again and tried to talk with Sheldon. I thought she really felt bad for him - perhaps because she went shopping with him on christmas and knows how Sheldon feels. But perhaps that's a discussion for the Bernadette/Sheldon Thread.
Do we have one?

~Susanne ~

Last edited by smoguntia; 09-22-2015 at 04:51 AM
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 04:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I loved seeing Bernie and Penny both rally for Amy and make sure she was okay.

It was also kinda nice to hear that Amy confided in Penny about maybe breaking up with Sheldon, and that Penny was supportive of her following her heart and whatever decision she made.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:55 AM
Master Fan

Top 5 Penny episodes on E4 later tonight: The Barbarian Sublimation, Work Song Nanocluster, Dead Hooker Juxtaposition, Boyfriend Complexity, Transporter Malfunction.

Seems like a decent selection, although it's a shame it doesn't cover more of a range of seasons. Barbarian Sublimation would definitely be on my list. I'd also have included Panty Piñata.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:46 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Ooo, yes, I'd definitely put Panty Pinata in there as well.

(That was my first episode, so I've got a bit of a soft spot for it.)
Old 09-27-2015, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
Top 5 Penny episodes on E4 later tonight: The Barbarian Sublimation, Work Song Nanocluster, Dead Hooker Juxtaposition, Boyfriend Complexity, Transporter Malfunction.

Seems like a decent selection, although it's a shame it doesn't cover more of a range of seasons. Barbarian Sublimation would definitely be on my list. I'd also have included Panty Piñata.
Those are all really good Penny eps!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:36 AM
Master Fan

I liked the short girls' scene last night, with Amy and Bernie trying to help Penny gain perspective. Bernadette was great, trying to cover the fact she already knew about Leonard cheating, and finally sharing some thoughts that seemed to help Penny.

I was expecting Penny to find out about Bernadette's secret, but really there wasn't any need and the fact that Bernie had had time to think about it helped her to help Penny, I think. I suppose this could come up later, but I hope not as the issue seems to have been dealt with. In my head, I think Bernie probably told Penny she knew later on, after Penny had sorted things with Leonard, and Penny understood why she couldn't say anything.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do so love seeing the three of them together It's always a nice sort of change of pace.
Awesome Nerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Just have to bump this thread after tonight's episode - all of their scenes were golden!
Old 10-06-2015, 02:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well I loved what Amy baked for Penny Yes I love dirty humor
Amy will always be my favourite girl from the show followed by Penny.
But Bernie wasn´t always that funny last night. I wasn´t happy when she suggested to Penny that her family could have eaten their pig. Sorry but thats how I feel about that.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~

Last edited by BlackWhiteRose; 10-06-2015 at 02:15 AM
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:04 AM
Master Fan

Seems a lot of people think the guys were the best part of the episode, but I laughed more during the girls' scenes. They were all great, and it was fun seeing 'inappropriate' Amy back again… And even a hint of inappropriate Penny, wanting to take Amy's 'ear virginity'. Loved Bernie's line to finish that scene off, too.

I thought Mayim was so funny the way she mimed watching 60 Minutes through the slats. And my God - Penny talking to Amy's mom!!

This was a good example of an episode where they were teasing and goading each other a bit, but not in a nasty way.

Having a friend pierce your ears with a needle doesn't seem all that advisable to me - I was kind of expecting some sort of 'don't try this at home' message. I'm sure Amy made sure everything was safe and sterile, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
Well I loved what Amy baked for Penny Yes I love dirty humor
Amy will always be my favourite girl from the show followed by Penny.
But Bernie wasn´t always that funny last night. I wasn´t happy when she suggested to Penny that her family could have eaten their pig. Sorry but thats how I feel about that.
My thing with that is the inconsistency - there was an episode (must have been Proton's funeral) where Penny said something like when one of their pet pigs died they didn't have a funeral, they had a barbecue.
Reply   Post New Thread