Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2016, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
Well, I guess, for all we know, they could be.

I didn't mind that Amy or Howard were awkward because it didn't seem like between now and 7.03 that they were hanging out any more than usual. It sort of makes sense - I mean, they share a love of Neil Diamond, but beyond that, they aren't left with that much to talk about.
That's what I thought, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
At the taping they did another version of the tag scene with no mention of Franck and Alicia, I thought it was better.
Ooh, do you remember the details?
Any more BTS?
Old 04-29-2016, 12:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah yeah do you have any BTS goodies?
This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace. - Adventure Time

~Sania~
loverofallnerdythings394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

I remember that the ambiance was really good, a lot of interactions between them. I focus a lot on Johnny so yes, between Kaley and Johnny but really between all of them, it was nice to see them talking and smiling to each other. Jim and Melissa talked a lot when they waited for changes in 4A, beside that not a lot to say about their takes.

They brought new scripts (pink cover) just before the taping.

sc1 4A
Kaley ate a lot of french fries while they're waiting
2 takes, they changed the end (sorry I don't remember what, and with version we can see)

sc2 and 3 were pre-taped (in the lab and in Raj appartement)

sc4 - 4A Jim messed up a little, the end when Penny and Leonard leave the apartment was pre-taped
a lot of changes for this scene, Steve Molaro and Nikki Lorre went on set to discuss with Jim and Johnny.
One change I remember was when Jim says : "oh I love restrictions"

sc5 - wine bar
they redo LPR arrival, and 3 versions of Raj's joke about Leonard's karma. first one : Penny doesn't smile, 2nd she does, 3rd not really, I think they kept the 3rd one.

sc7 - wine bar
The set was on the right side, not in front the audience, and it was a large set so nobody could see what happened, we all had to watch the screens ; and they're on only when shooting, but we could hear them laughing with the writers who were just in front of them.
At one moment a phone rang, somebody must have said that it was Kaley's because she said "not mine, that's unfair ! not mine, see.." and I agree, the sound didn't came from where she was :lol
Kaley messed up with her glass (she choked into it ? I don't know how to say that), I hope it will be in the bloopers

sc8 - A4 with Sheldon and Bernadette
Jim was rehearsing his lines, but he still messed up. 2nd take he hesitated but went threw

sc9 - wine bar
they completely changed the end in a 2nd take, but sorry I can't say. Several versions and pick-up

sc11 - wine bar
redo of the part with Zack and discussions about it, but I don't think they changed something.
pick-up and change for the end : Penny says "hey look, this is Raj and his old friend karma !" I thought they kept it because they redid it. I liked this one because it was an answer to Raj for what he said to Leonard previously.

sc12 - bathroom
Johnny was making silly faces when Ben was on set with the clapperboard, maybe we'll see that too.

tag scene
I just remember they did another version without mention of Sheldon's other friends but I don't remember what.
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

Wow thanks so much Laurence!
IcyBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

So cool! Thank you, Laurence!!
Old 04-29-2016, 06:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

After watching this episode and him feeling he and Claire aren't exclusive yet. I'm now convinced that most of Raj's bravado is him greatly exaggerating. Just like he said in the boyfriend complexity, "Eh, I lied about that. I lie about everything."

It seems the exclusivity of both relationships is up for debate. It makes me find Raj a little less deplorable. Though it still doesn't make me like him that much though. Mainly because of the stuff with Emily and him choosing to let her think that he's still very interested. THAT is the part with him that bothers me about Raj the most.
meka3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:32 PM
Supreme Fan

To be honest, I don't like both Emily and Claire that much, but I feel sorry for them because they're being played like that.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
Something I need to clarify - in the US, cider is just sparkling, non-alcoholic apple juice, yes?
Here it's an alcoholic drink - stronger than beer/lager I think, but not as strong as wine. It's pretty nasty, as I recall.
In the US, cider is alcoholic. Usually it's called "hard cider" to indicate the alcohol content. Sparkling Cider almost always refers to a US brand called Martinelli's, which is extremely popular over here, and clearly the bottle Bernie was holding. You could tell the brand from the bottle, which is what they were trying to evoke. Martinelli's Sparkling Cider is typically what kids get to drink on holidays and special occasions while adults drink champagne. The bubbles and light color of the drink look like champagne, so kids feel included in adult "bubbly" stuff.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionne (View Post)
In the US, cider is alcoholic. Usually it's called "hard cider" to indicate the alcohol content. Sparkling Cider almost always refers to a US brand called Martinelli's, which is extremely popular over here, and clearly the bottle Bernie was holding. You could tell the brand from the bottle, which is what they were trying to evoke. Martinelli's Sparkling Cider is typically what kids get to drink on holidays and special occasions while adults drink champagne. The bubbles and light color of the drink look like champagne, so kids feel included in adult "bubbly" stuff.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation.
And, hello stranger!
Old 04-30-2016, 05:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
To be honest, I don't like both Emily and Claire that much, but I feel sorry for them because they're being played like that.
I do too.

Honestly, I don't know Claire well enough to say if I like her or not. She seems like a perfectly fine person, but I don't get a vibe from her that she's that unique or she would fit in well with the gang. Of course, as she's barely had any screen time so far she can adopt a lot more personality and various quirks later, but for now she seems a pretty normal, grounded girl who doesn't really have any commonalities that would tie her into the group.

But what I do know about Claire is that she labeled a woman she never met as manipulative and kept encouraging a perfect stranger to pick her instead of the unknown, upset ex-girlfriend. Which I find odd - if there was a guy who I had met only briefly, only long enough to flirt a bit and think I might be interested in dating, the last thing I would want to do to start off the relationship would be getting involved in whatever obviously messy breakup they were having. In that situation I found Claire's behavior and engagement in the situation odd.

As for Emily, I actually really like her, but I think that her interest in the macabre isn't Raj's cup of tea. Two people having separate interests - you like the ballet, I don't, you can go on without me - is perfectly fine and normal, even healthy. But two people where one finds the interests of the other downright frightening, creepy, and like sex in a cemetery, not something they really want to participate in while the other pushes for it - then you begin to have problems. I don't see Emily being "the One" for Raj, and moreover, he knows it. He knew it at the end of last season when he tried to break up with her! He has known it all the times he's met other women and started planning their wedding in his head. He knew it the other times he talked about breaking up with her. They're "fine," and Raj likes being in a relationship, but he's not really in love with her.

But he's not making a clean break, which he would if he cared about her and knew that they had no real future together. She's clinging to the relationship for some reason - why we have no idea, we've barely seen her on screen for more than two seconds at a time since they broke up - and has even decided to agree to an open relationship with him despite it being a clear demotion from her status as serious girlfriend in a monogamous relationship for two years. I feel extremely sad for her for that, and I can't believe Raj is leading her on and using her this way, when it's clear he doesn't feel any love for her.

And hi WE.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Thanks for the BTS info Laurence!

Quote:
If I hear just "cider," I'd probably assume non-alcoholic, but it would also depend on the context. I remember when I was in London, one of our professors told us about a time he was in the US and ordered a cider, and was confused by the sweet apple drink they gave him!

Quote:
But what I do know about Claire is that she labeled a woman she never met as manipulative and kept encouraging a perfect stranger to pick her instead of the unknown, upset ex-girlfriend. Which I find odd - if there was a guy who I had met only briefly, only long enough to flirt a bit and think I might be interested in dating, the last thing I would want to do to start off the relationship would be getting involved in whatever obviously messy breakup they were having. In that situation I found Claire's behavior and engagement in the situation odd.
That's what I find strange about Claire too. When she got caught up in the phone calls when Raj kept calling her and Emily from the car, I was just wondering why she'd still be interested in Raj after that.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

I always figured that Claire just really wanted sex that night if she ended things with her boyfriend and Raj was a way to have it. I don't think she's as perturbed by an open and casual relationship as others might be.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
I always figured that Claire just really wanted sex that night if she ended things with her boyfriend and Raj was a way to have it. I don't think she's as perturbed by an open and casual relationship as others might be.
I also think Claire doesn't take this relationship seriously, at least for the moment. She knows about Emily and probably see very right through Raj's little game
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

The thing is, poor Raj doesn't realise he's destroying his most attractive quality with this behaviour (my opinion, anyway). We saw a sweet and sensitive Raj with Lucy. Where's he gone?

As for the girls - I don't understand their motivations either. We haven't been shown much of their thoughts.
Old 10-11-2021, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I watched the episode again today. Zack was so funny Oh and the Sheldon/Bernadette scenes where wonderful!
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread