Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2015, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamyLove (View Post)
Love, love, loved this episode! Non stop laughing!

Best line: Penny's run-on AmyBrokeUpWithSheldonShePiercedHerEarsAndSheMadeUsEatPenisCookies! Then very sweet "She wants to talk to you."

Bernadette's "this party's weird"

Poor Amy. It seems her first and worst bully was her own mom. It was funny, but sad too.

Leonard's adorable face when he answered Raj's question with "India?" And "If there was a hidden compartment, don't you think you'd be stuffed in it by now?"

Um, Sheldon....I'm curious why your first thought about that van was as a mobile sex dungeon?? And "Leonard, don't be fooled! Meh-hee-co is Spanish for Mexico!"

Howard hanging from the stop sign! "Six foot weiner in a Flash T-shirt"

One sad note: I noticed in the opening credits, Kaley has already dropped her married name.
All of this!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:05 AM
Master Fan

Just watching the episode and one thing irritating me about the guys driving the van is that nobody has buckled their seatbelts or at least Sheldon complaining about it is not save for them driving in that car without being secured

~Susanne ~

Last edited by smoguntia; 10-11-2015 at 07:01 AM
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
Just watching the episode and one thing about the guys driving the van is that nobody has buckled their seatbelts or at least Sheldon complaining about it is not save for them driving in that car without being secured
None of them? Not even in the front seats? Poor Sheldon didn't get a chance to bring his bungee cords.
Good point - he would've been complaining about that, so I'm going to believe that was one of the first things he started moaning about but we just didn't see it.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
None of them? Not even in the front seats? Poor Sheldon didn't get a chance to bring his bungee cords.
Good point - he would've been complaining about that, so I'm going to believe that was one of the first things he started moaning about but we just didn't see it.
Actually, it's very likely the van did not even have seat belts - certainly not in the back and very likely not in the front.

I don't think they mentioned what year the van was manufactured, but considering Feynman died in 1988, the van probably dated from the 70s or even earlier. The US seat belt law went into effect in 1968, and it's possible the van dates from before then. But even if it did not, the law exempted buses - and a lot of manufacturers did not include seat belts in vans because they used that loophole - basically saying a van is a small bus. While the law has been updated since then, most laws allow for grandfathering, where the van would still be exempt because it was manufactured prior to the original law or any updates. Van conversions were all the rage when I was in high school and college and I rode in several. A lot of them did not have seat belts at all.

Still - it would have been fun - and in character - for Sheldon to complain. But maybe he was so starstruck by being in a superstar vehicle that he just didn't think of it.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

thanks for explanation Heidi, thats an interesting story and would be perfect for the guys. Instead of the mustard fun fact, they just should have explained that.

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

He definitely wouldn't have cared about it once he found out it was Feynman's van.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
Just watching the episode and one thing irritating me about the guys driving the van is that nobody has buckled their seatbelts or at least Sheldon complaining about it is not save for them driving in that car without being secured
My headcanon is that Sheldon's heartbreak has caused him to be off his game, to the point where he may not have even noticed about the seatbelts.
Anglophile79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 11:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglophile79 (View Post)
My headcanon is that Sheldon's heartbreak has caused him to be off his game, to the point where he may not have even noticed about the seatbelts.
I gladly accept your headcanon
IcyBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Actually, it's very likely the van did not even have seat belts - certainly not in the back and very likely not in the front.

I don't think they mentioned what year the van was manufactured, but considering Feynman died in 1988, the van probably dated from the 70s or even earlier. The US seat belt law went into effect in 1968, and it's possible the van dates from before then. But even if it did not, the law exempted buses - and a lot of manufacturers did not include seat belts in vans because they used that loophole - basically saying a van is a small bus. While the law has been updated since then, most laws allow for grandfathering, where the van would still be exempt because it was manufactured prior to the original law or any updates. Van conversions were all the rage when I was in high school and college and I rode in several. A lot of them did not have seat belts at all.

Still - it would have been fun - and in character - for Sheldon to complain. But maybe he was so starstruck by being in a superstar vehicle that he just didn't think of it.

I was just going to mention that!! I remember growing up and riding in my Dad's Station Wagon and not having to wear seat belts HECK we drove all the way to California (which is about a day or two drive from where I live) without seat belts and slept in the back seat, I could tell the Van was rather old but I do agree that Sheldon should have at least freaked out about that.
SaraSidleStokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)

I've actually been in a van that was grandfathered, that's how old the van was considering I'm only 22.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I rewatched it again and loved the guys story Sheldon was hysterical with his singing
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread