Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2015, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekGoddess (View Post)
This was another good episode and tribute to the woman that portrayed Howard's mother. I did like the end tribute to Nimoy. However, I still have hope that Howard will help Sheldon with the passing of Nimoy. We shall see. It all depends on if they have wrapped up filming for the season.
Not sure how many episodes they have left to tape, but not that many I don't think. I think it depends more on where they were at with the writing when it happened.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

4 episodes are left to tape as far as I know.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:48 AM
Extreme Fan

What a sweet episode it was. Sad about Howard's mother.

I am so disappointed. I have been wanting to go to a taping of the show and there are only two more dates left and I am only off on one of them. Tickets went up this morning at 8:30 and I was on the site at 8, refreshing. When time came, the site was slow with lots of error messages because so many people were on it. I managed to finally get to the form to order my ticket, but when I hit submit, it gave me error messages and then all the tickets were gone within minutes and all they had left were standby tickets which I managed to get one of, but they do not guarantee admission, they are on a first-come first-serve basis and I do not see how I would be able to get in.

Just my luck! I just recently moved to California a week ago and have been waiting for these tickets to finally come up on the site so I could get one.

This isn't the last season, is it?

IG | Tumblr
Nostalgic Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:52 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic Heart (View Post)

I am so disappointed. I have been wanting to go to a taping of the show and there are only two more dates left and I am only off on one of them. Tickets went up this morning at 8:30 and I was on the site at 8, refreshing. When time came, the site was slow with lots of error messages because so many people were on it. I managed to finally get to the form to order my ticket, but when I hit submit, it gave me error messages and then all the tickets were gone within minutes and all they had left were standby tickets which I managed to get one of, but they do not guarantee admission, they are on a first-come first-serve basis and I do not see how I would be able to get in.

Just my luck! I just recently moved to California a week ago and have been waiting for these tickets to finally come up on the site so I could get one.

Don't worry about it. There are two more seasons at least. They even talked about a possible eleventh season.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Good to hear. Maybe I will have a chance.

IG | Tumblr
Nostalgic Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:34 AM
Extreme Fan

I loved this episode top to bottom!

I think it was appropriate that the bickering continued at the dinner table. I don't think they could have made a whole episode out of sitting around talking about Mrs. W without getting maudlin or bringing the energy down.

I like that they're mixing the memorial stuff with other, funnier stories, spreading it out, keeping the episodes funny, as they should, but still having emotional moments that are appropriate.

I like how the bickering kind of progressed from Sheldon not quite understanding the situation (because he is always going to be somewhat tone-deaf to the emotional perspective of others) to him trying desperately to find a way to break it to Leonard (I loved that he was trying to use things like the cable bill, etc.) then from Leonard being kind of miffed but unhappy (and not yet mad) to him getting more and more upset as Sheldon tried to explain.

And I do think that Sheldon was at first trying to find a way to ease the situation for Leonard, but just his poor judgment and lack of tact making it worse.

And I did like the theory/execution reversal between them--I mentioned it on the other forum--and how Sheldon was suddenly kind of siding with Howard. And I loved the telephone example ("It's your uncle calling to say you just got BURNED!") :laugh:

I was totally spoiled for this ep (as I always am) and I still was literally laughing out loud through the whole thing--and then I watched it again and laughed again.

Just loved it completely.

ETA: I'm super excited that at this time next week I'll be in LA for the taping of 8x21!! And I'll be looking at Jim's star on the HWOF and doing the WB tour, as well! And it will be Jim's birthday, too!!
This is probably my once-in-a-lifetime chance to go, so I'm hoping to make the most of it, even though I'm only going to have the one day to do everything. WOOHOO!

Jim Parsons read my poem on UK radio!

Last edited by phantagrae; 03-17-2015 at 11:42 AM
phantagrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic Heart (View Post)

If you can get there early enough - say by 10am or so - you should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantagrae (View Post)

ETA: I'm super excited that at this time next week I'll be in LA for the taping of 8x21!! And I'll be looking at Jim's star on the HWOF and doing the WB tour, as well! And it will be Jim's birthday, too!!
This is probably my once-in-a-lifetime chance to go, so I'm hoping to make the most of it, even though I'm only going to have the one day to do everything. WOOHOO!
Have an absolutely fantastic time Phanta!!! So excited and happy for you. Say happy birthday to Jim from us!

Last edited by Whimsical Elf; 03-22-2015 at 02:05 PM
Whimsical Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:46 AM
New Fan

I am not sure if I missed part of this episode. How did they cook 20 pounds of food with no power?
Penny Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

They had a gas stove

However I'm not sure I would have managed hat big meal without electricity

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

i really enjoyed this episode but i like the ones when the whole gang is together. i liked them having a dinner to eat all of the walowitz food and bernadette sounding like his mom.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
I liked the episode a lot.

Loved Sheldons massage he gave to Leonard -> such a sweet Shelnard moment

Leonards : " Baby´s listening" was hilarious
Rajs line about culinary science

Howard finds Mrs Wolowitz´s last meal she ever cooked

Bernie comforting Howard

Sheldon and Leonard fighting *LOL* -> those two reminded me of two big babies *LOL*

Sheldon telling the group after dinner that the magazine "Physics today" mentioned Leonards name and they all were like " Yay!" -> loved it!
Bernie yelling at Sheldon and Leonard -> Melissa did an awesome job with this! And I loved it!

What I wrote there
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread