Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2015, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
I agree. It could've been left out, but it was just a gentle little laugh at the end, and it didn't spoil anything for me.

When I saw this episode, I thought it seemed at first that they might be having Howard's mom go live in Florida, so she wouldn't be around but had just gone off to a nice place. That felt like it could've been sweet, but I was glad with the way they did it, which was definitely better. I think Molaro's interview addresses this, and he said that it would've been fake to have her go off somewhere.
Just wondered if anybody else thought that's what they were doing at any point.
At first I wasn't sure if they were going to kill her off, but then the 8.16 press release answered that a few days ago. Part of me wanted her to live on, but, in the end, I agree with Molaro that it was better and more real to be dealt with this way.

I really liked Penny's final line; it's something I enjoy about this show that laughter can be found even in the most difficult times and, as you've pointed out, it highlighted the beauty in Sheldon's growth and understanding there, which I liked.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Again, I state, this was a beautifully done tribute. I wonder what will be next concerning Howard.
TrekGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 04:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Noticing useless details: the bottle of wine they drink in the end looks a lot like the bottle of wine Barry gave Amy. But it also looks a lot like the bottle the girls drank during the fanfiction girls night. I bet they only have that one bottle in the props!

ETA: nope, my bad, I checked and the one from the previous girls night was different.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Master Fan

speaking of props. I'm cringing a bit over that movie poster they put behind Howard when he tells his friends about his mother.

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
I agree. It could've been left out, but it was just a gentle little laugh at the end, and it didn't spoil anything for me.

When I saw this episode, I thought it seemed at first that they might be having Howard's mom go live in Florida, so she wouldn't be around but had just gone off to a nice place. That felt like it could've been sweet, but I was glad with the way they did it, which was definitely better. I think Molaro's interview addresses this, and he said that it would've been fake to have her go off somewhere.
Just wondered if anybody else thought that's what they were doing at any point.
I was fine with Penny's line there too. I've criticized the writers before about going for the laugh at the end of more emotional scenes, because sometimes when they do it it kind of ruins the moment. But Penny's line didn't feel forced at all, and I think the small bit of humor there helped keep it from getting TOO heavy.

And the same thought crossed my mind, with Mrs Wolowitz and Florida. But just the other day or so I saw a comment somewhere to the effect of "now that we know for sure she dies...", so I figured they wouldn't make it that simple.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I read a spoiler that she dies but it was still very emotional. Yes Penny's didnt bother me and I was suprised Sheldon said something heartfelt
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 11:46 PM
New Fan

Very nice episode, the secret testing of Leonard and Penny was funny.

Howard's storyline was handled well. A beautiful tribute to Mrs. Wolowitz (Carol Ann Susi).

It was also nice that with all of the heated exchanges Howard has had with his mother over the course of this series, the last thing she would ever hear him say was "I love you too". Nicely done.
RZDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZDAVE (View Post)

Howard's storyline was handled well. A beautiful tribute to Mrs. Wolowitz (Carol Ann Susi).

It was also nice that with all of the heated exchanges Howard has had with his mother over the course of this series, the last thing she would ever hear him say was "I love you too". Nicely done.
I didn't even pick up on that! Lovely.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
I was fine with Penny's line there too. I've criticized the writers before about going for the laugh at the end of more emotional scenes, because sometimes when they do it it kind of ruins the moment. But Penny's line didn't feel forced at all, and I think the small bit of humor there helped keep it from getting TOO heavy.
I didn't think there was anything wrong with Penny's line either - it wasn't a cheap joke, it was more like "I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO CHEAPEN THE MOMENT BUT HE DIDN'T!" which to be honest is kinda like how I was too.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZDAVE (View Post)

Ohhh, I hadn't thought of it being the last thing he said to her, but I was definitely really happy that we got an ILY between them in the episode.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
Ohhh, I hadn't thought of it being the last thing he said to her, but I was definitely really happy that we got an ILY between them in the episode.
As soon as he hung up the phone I was like DO NOT HAVE ANY MORE CONVERSATIONS WITH HER PLEASE LET THAT BE THE LAST THING.

Old 02-23-2015, 09:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
As soon as he hung up the phone I was like DO NOT HAVE ANY MORE CONVERSATIONS WITH HER PLEASE LET THAT BE THE LAST THING.
To right. That's why I ALWAYS leave "I love you" as the last thing I say to my mom.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't thought of that I am glad it was I love you
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I didn't think there was anything wrong with Penny's line either - it wasn't a cheap joke, it was more like "I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO CHEAPEN THE MOMENT BUT HE DIDN'T!" which to be honest is kinda like how I was too.
so true
Old 02-23-2015, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
To right. That's why I ALWAYS leave "I love you" as the last thing I say to my mom.
Oh gosh, I do that too! Every single time, and whenever I leave the house, even to go to work five minutes away, or to the store, or to a friends house, even if I'm angry, it's always "I love you."

Reply   Post New Thread