Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Personally I am with Bernadette. I think her doing the article should have been her choice and Amy shouldn't gone behind her back. I am glad she apologized.
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Personally I am with Bernadette. I think her doing the article should have been her choice and Amy shouldn't gone behind her back. I am glad she apologized.
I think I fell a little more into Bernie's camp as well, since in general I dislike when people try to criticize a person's actions based on how it will affect a cause or a group at large - especially when it is in no way your intention to set them back, etc.

On the other hand, I totally get where Amy's coming from because it can definitely feel like a double standard when it comes to men and women in sexy magazines among other things, and it's something I believe should be changed/improved.

So, I think Bernie was in the right to say that it's for her to decide if something she does is in bad taste, etc, but at the same time, I think Amy has every right to contact magazines and companies about treatment of women she feels to be sexist or unfair and tell them as much.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
So, I think Bernie was in the right to say that it's for her to decide if something she does is in bad taste, etc, but at the same time, I think Amy has every right to contact magazines and companies about treatment of women she feels to be sexist or unfair and tell them as much.
That's basically where I fell as well. I was thinking it wasn't right for Amy to interfere at first, but then realized it's not really fair to stop Amy from stating her opinion either. Really where Amy went wrong, as far as her friendship with Bernadette goes, is she did it without telling her, and apparently would have kept that a secret had Bernadette reacted poorly.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
That's basically where I fell as well. I was thinking it wasn't right for Amy to interfere at first, but then realized it's not really fair to stop Amy from stating her opinion either. Really where Amy went wrong, as far as her friendship with Bernadette goes, is she did it without telling her, and apparently would have kept that a secret had Bernadette reacted poorly.
Yeah, that's where I disagreed with her as well, since Bernie's affiliation was what brought it to her attention in the first place.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agreed with Amy in the sense that they wouldn't do the sexiest male scientists. I agreed with Bernadette that women shouldn't have to rely on their looks, but if they want to be proud of their looks, they should be able to go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
Yeah, agreed.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Amy should have told B from the beginning that I am going to write a letter instead of going behind her back.
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Billy Bob did a great job on the show, he was funny. I liked seeing the guys nerd out, and when he tried to pick up Penny that was funny. Him locking the guys in the basement omg lol.

Bernadette and Amy both had valid points about her being “sexy’ on an article. I understand Bernadette a bit more because I think that women scientists already have a stigma of being “nerdy”, so why cant they be sexy and smart? But I do see Amy’s point of view too in that she shouldn’t have to be reduced purely to a sex object and that she is on the cover for her smarts. But like said before, there is a fine line.

Penny shouldn’t have to take off her ring around clients but if its something she wants to do in order to get more business then I think that is her decision. I dont think she needs to ask Leonoard to ask the client to leave though, its not like Penny herself was socializing with him.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

Penny asked it to Leonard because it's a rule of her company, and I understand that she didn't want to socialize more with Lorys.
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

After rewatching the episode last night I loved the guys hanging out in Dr Lorvis basement
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread