Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2014, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
Yes, but Penny is still part of the reason why she got the job. It's not like Bernadette did the interview for her. Saying Penny only got the job because of her friends or looks is just wrong because it's not true
Ok, I may have worded it wrong. But I still stand behind that she can't rely on her looks all the time and needs to start acting professionally

combatcutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Master Fan

While I agree that Bernadette and Penny's overall look and attitude got her the job, I wouldn't say she's solely relying on looks now that she's on the job, or that she's being unprofessional (the joke is controversial, but overall, I didn't find that it made her entire presentation unprofessional). We've seen her studying, and she knows the material well, and presents it in an interesting as well as accurate manner, so I think she's definitely gone beyond any more shallow traits that may have gotten her the job.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

btw Leonard wasn't completly right, that Sheldon didn't loose any friends when he started dating Amy. Sheldon nearly lost all his friends. I remember an episode where they all met at Pennys to avoid the Shamy

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
btw Leonard wasn't completly right, that Sheldon didn't loose any friends when he started dating Amy. Sheldon nearly lost all his friends. I remember an episode where they all met at Pennys to avoid the Shamy
The John and Yoko line still makes me laugh.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Master Fan

I can say with certainty that the Penny/Raj/Emily storyline in this episode is my least favorite all season so far. I'm hoping it was mentioned to have Penny and Leonard talk about something else they hadn't discussed before getting married, or Raj to work through an issue, and not to have another storyline where a character outside the core group tries to break the seven of them up somehow.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I thought of that, too. Shelly's relationship with cats proved to be worse, though.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:47 AM
Total Fan

I liked the idea of the guys purchasing and investing in a comic book store, but I feel like it fell flat.

I loved seeing all the boys together, their personalities bouncing off each other. That I really liked.

But my anger with the whole Emily/Penny/Raj storyline tarnishes the episode as a whole for me, even if there were a few gems here and there.

~ Katie
What's a hickey? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

I thought it was just a so-so episode. I did laugh here and there when watching, but there weren't any lines that jumped out at me that I loved and had to tweet, and even thinking back now there's nothing that stands out as really great.

As much as I want to love Emily, I agree with the consensus here that she really shouldn't have been upset about something that happened years ago. I'm still not to the "okay she needs to go now" point, but she needs to be careful.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
I thought it was just a so-so episode. I did laugh here and there when watching, but there weren't any lines that jumped out at me that I loved and had to tweet,
not even "Ssssh, Amy is here now"?

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
not even "Ssssh, Amy is here now"?
That was the creepiest, worst line of the episode for me, actually. So no, no laughter at that one. I was too busy cringing.

I did love Amy and Sheldon discussing his idea to invest over tea, though.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:30 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionne (View Post)
That was the creepiest, worst line of the episode for me, actually. So no, no laughter at that one. I was too busy cringing.

I did love Amy and Sheldon discussing his idea to invest over tea, though.
I didn't like "creepy" Amy in season 4 and 5, but I think that scene was cute
Old 10-08-2014, 02:27 PM
Supreme Fan

I can honestly say that was a pretty weak episode.

☆Krys ☆
topherkraz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's a shame they've decided to have Penny & Emily hate each other from the get go. If at least there was a legitimate reason for it, but they came up with the laziest, least creative and totally implausible way of creating resentment between them. Then they have P & E make peace, so it looks like this plot line has been killed in the womb and that everything is going to be fine from there. Then all of a sudden, and without the viewer even knowing why, they declare that they hate each other again. Just looks like a lame excuse for the writers to sprinkle petty and aimless female rivalry situations between the two throughout the coming season. It's a shame.
GiantLoveTingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantLoveTingles (View Post)
It's a shame they've decided to have Penny & Emily hate each other from the get go. If at least there was a legitimate reason for it, but they came up with the laziest, least creative and totally implausible way of creating resentment between them. Then they have P & E make peace, so it looks like this plot line has been killed in the womb and that everything is going to be fine from there. Then all of a sudden, and without the viewer even knowing why, they declare that they hate each other again. Just looks like a lame excuse for the writers to sprinkle petty and aimless female rivalry situations between the two throughout the coming season. It's a shame.
I agree. It shows women in a bad light and it's poor storytelling.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:07 AM
Extreme Fan

I actually thought it was pretty funny, but everyone knows that I seem to like everything...so what do I know?

I actually liked the scene in Penny's apartment, when she said, "Everyone has a past" and Amy corrected her.

And also when Amy talked about how she "made" Penny like her by simply hanging around all the time.

I think the Penny/Emily thing is kind of real. Maybe Emily blew the Raj/Penny thing a little out of proportion, but part of that had to do with Raj overstating it, undoubtedly, and then with Penny being so pretty. It's kind of understandable, since she doesn't really know the group history and dynamic, that she would be wary and distrustful.
It reminds me of Dr. Stephanie being thrown off by Penny walking into the guys' apartment in her underwear/sleepwear, and Priya being put off by Penny, as Leonard's former girlfriend, still hanging around Leonard so much.

I think that the attempt to clear the air and patch things up was the civil, polite thing to do, but that the issue isn't going to be solved that easily. And I think that's a good thing. They're not going to suddenly become best friends just because they tried to talk it out.

I think the bonding will come later, but in the meantime, we have something to play with.
And who knows, since Amy and Emily have things in common, and she's a doctor, like everyone else in the gang (except Howard), there are a lot of directions they can go.
I'm confident, though, that if she's going to be here for the long haul (and I think she will be--at least I hope so), the bonding will come.

And in a way, it's kind of like family. Sometimes you just don't like your brother or sister's SO or spouse.
I can't tell you how glad I was that my brother FINALLY broke up with his long-time girlfriend. She was okay and she'd been around for probably more than 20 years, but I never really liked her all that much. Our whole family, including my brother, is happy about this.

As for the comic book store idea, you know that was never going to come true. I think it was partly a story to give the guys something to imagine (and to talk to their SOs about), but it was also more juice for the Howard/Stuart/Deb-deb storyline.

I do hope Stuart gets his store up and running again soon, though. The boys need their old hangout back.

As for Amy's "creepy" line, at first I didn't quite get it, but then I realized it's Amy's attempt to make Penny feel better over her rejection by Emily. Emily doesn't like her, but Amy's there for her.
Yeah, it was weird and goofy, but I don't think it was that big a deal.

Jim Parsons read my poem on UK radio!
phantagrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread