Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2012, 07:01 AM
Absolute Fan

I don't think it was a filler ep either... Speckerman was a filler ep, this one wasn't. The H/B and S/A couples saw development. A filler ep is one that doesn't have any influence on future episodes at all or doesn't develop prior events. This one did.

I agree though that it wasn't the best episode this season but it had some great moments nevertheless.

Regarding Amy changing since she first was introduced, in my opinion, it is kinda obvious she changed. She was introduced as a fold to other characters and her first storyline was Alien Parasyte, and that showed us she wasn't as cold and rigid as it was first perceived. Now, you may or might not like Amy's character but that is different.

You cannot expect to know a character as they are introduced. Even if you look at Sheldon, he is VERY different from the Pilot episode, if you compare it with, for example episode 9 on the first seasion. Sheldon started to grow way before Amy, but I do agree that the introduction of Amy is leading to a bigger growth.

And he is gonna be different when in a relationship. We hadn't seen him in a relationship before so it is gonna be different than when he wasn't.
Sursonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Very well said, Yanina. They had to figure out who Amy was, they know now and IMO she's been very consistant, her becoming Sheldon's girlfriend has not brought about a drastic change, though. It's just brought a bit more of her out.

And if she never changed people would be complaining of no character growth, so it's gotta go one way or the other.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

I LOVED this episode so so much I particularly loved The Shamy. These two are just too cute together I am all aboard the Shamy train and I am loving it. The reaction that Amy had when she saw the tiara was so cute and funny. I saw a lot of character growth in Sheldon and it was good growth not bad and it wasn't growth that changed him. I think Sheldon is opening himself up for Amy, he doesn't do that for anyone not even Leonard but with Amy he's making himself more humanly (if that's a good word for it). He said "boyfriend" for the first time ever and I think Sheldon is in love with Amy and that's why he wanted to apologize for hurting Amy's feelings.

Sheldon (this season) has not on been a good friend i.e Leonard but also now a great boyfriend and it's really sweet. Also, getting advice from Leonard is also a bit of development on Sheldon's part. He clearly was desperate to keep Amy around that he wanted to please her and please her he did.

Howard & Bernadette: This is going to be a bigger issue then anything I think it's going to break them up. Or, maybe Bernadette will change her mind about kids. But either way I think it's a dealbreaker (as Howard said) for him and that makes me sad. I like them together, but it's clear that this kids thing is the one thing that both have opinions on and it's not looking like they will be okay in the end. Sad but true!

The only thing I really didn't like was, there wasn't enough of Leonard and I wanted more of him. But, the beginning of the episode with L/H/R was quite funny and the conversation with Sheldon was nice.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
MrღMrsStinsbatskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:11 AM
New Fan

I really liked this episode! I laughed out loud on several parts, and almost choked on my water..

The look Sheldon and Amy gave each other over the table, and the fact that Sheldon was capable to understand that the night did not have a good ending showed us that Sheldon is in fact human, and not always Shel-bot. These small thing show me that Sheldon has grown a lot since season 1, but still is this weird whatever-he-is..
And as always; I love Amy and I felt so sorry for her when she left.

The Howard/Bernadette storyline was good, but not "omg-I-will-rewatch-it-hundred-times". I confuses me that the writers didn't stick to the day care-story, but I believe that will go over smoothly.

And also, the scene with L/R/H was great! They are so real together, if you know what I mean. They care for eachother, and it doesn't always have to be just laughs and mocking between them.

And then I'm done rambling...
math!science!history! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkleyღ (View Post)

Howard & Bernadette: This is going to be a bigger issue then anything I think it's going to break them up. Or, maybe Bernadette will change her mind about kids. But either way I think it's a dealbreaker (as Howard said) for him and that makes me sad. I like them together, but it's clear that this kids thing is the one thing that both have opinions on and it's not looking like they will be okay in the end. Sad but true!

The only thing I really didn't like was, there wasn't enough of Leonard and I wanted more of him. But, the beginning of the episode with L/H/R was quite funny and the conversation with Sheldon was nice.
I'm worried about that, too, I'm hoping that either she changes her mind totally, or, since she makes a logical argument on her making more money and he should stay home, that would change his mind. And it could, he does love her, but I am afraid this will cause even more problems...which could turn Howard and Bernadette into the couple with couple drama and they could somehow become the on and off rather than the stable couple, which I never expected but it could happen now, I guess. I really hope it's not a deal breaker, but at the same time if Howard wants kids, I'll feel so bad if he could never be a dad...I don't know what I want.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Absolute Fan

Bernadette's deranged look

a little scary to be honest haha
Sursonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm officially terrified.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

LOL, I love evil-Bernie she's hilarious but frightening.

I hope they can talk about this I want them to talk more cause if they don't and they do get married it will be an even bigger problem down the road.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
MrღMrsStinsbatskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkleyღ (View Post)
I hope they can talk about this I want them to talk more cause if they don't and they do get married it will be an even bigger problem down the road.
I don't think this will be a problem.
Lets face it Howard is not the greatist engineer in the world but he would make an awsome dad.
He could raise his own audience for his magic tricks and work from home.
I think he would take the deal and be happy.
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
This episode was actually quite high for me on the list this season, to be quite honest. I adore Mayim and she had some great stuff. I love the Leonard/Sheldon and the Sheldon/Penny dynamics and we got that. I'm digging the Shamy and we got that. I don't let a few Bernadette comments (who I usually adore) ruin an entire episode for me. And I actually have already re-watched it, so if my friend who saw Fuzzy Boots today (it was her first ep) had been on the futon with me during this ep, I actually don't think I would have thought it was a bad first impression. Would I have handpicked it? No, but again, I'm very picky. It just randomly being the first ep someone's seen? They're going into it without a shipper slant and without knowing of continuity errors and without knowing if a character repeatedly acts one way, so as a first impression, most of what people didn't like about it wouldn't apply.
You liked the dynamics between the characters but you know them and that's why you enjoyed the show.

A new viewer would not understand the nuances of the characters but would understand that it's supposed to be a sitcom.
Lots of sit but where was the com?
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

I this was the first episode for me, I would not want to watch it regularly.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

First of all, do not double post, rules, you can edit if you'd like to add something.

Second of all, this is season five, it's not geared toward a first time viewer, it's meant for those of us who do like the characters and the dynamics. Each episode is not a pilot meant to sell it as a sitcom to the networks, by then it's built up a following that will watch it each week for those reasons, if a few hundred people see if for the first time and decide "eh, not for me", well, to be honest, who needs them? That ep had almost 16 million viewers, most of which are regulars. And I found the episode funny, I did. It doesn't always have to be sidesplitting to be a good episode, especially in a fifth season.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Supreme Fan

The episode was alright. I'm actually surprised at the ratings considering its been off for a month but that is awesome! I hope since next week is significant that is goes up or at least doesn't drop.

☆Krys ☆
topherkraz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Next week we're against the premiere of American Idol. :/ But I don't see it affecting the ratings too much.

Mayim just tweeted "I see everyone liked last night's tiara scene."

Old 01-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

i liked the episode and for me it didn't feel like a filler (speckerman did) - my favourite scene is the one with sheldon and leonard and all those hilarious console-game comments (my boyfriend laughed so much during that scene) and the shamy of course :-)