Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
True that. I wanted to slap him when he basically ignored her. I, too, am glad that Amy didn't just sit there and take it, even though it only lasted about 2 days and a tiara to make her forget. But hey, she's a princess! She's probably excited about what it represented.

(Mayim's acting was my favorite thing in this episode)
So true!
But it was a tiara!
Enough to break even the strongest will
Besides, him trying to ammend things, even through buying a gift, showed that he cared about their relationship, so I guess that sealed the deal.

But I stick to my theory that Sheldon will mess things up again some day in the future and he will try to use the same trick, but that time it won't work, forcing him to reevaluate his behaviour and do the right thing, without shortcuts.

And yes, Mayim is awesome!
Rockyele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

I really loved this episode. Shamy and Penny were awesome together and it was just so sweet. And getting some Sheldon/Leonard scenes and scenes with the guys was great.

Bernadette being mean to the kids was really funny at the party and Melissa did a great job, but once they got to the car and she started talking about her siblings, I didn't like it as much. And, yeah, it didn't have much of a resolution, which is too bad, but I guess we'll just have to see how that goes.

As for the promo, I was watching on CTV. They usually have promos after a new episode and then don't show any until the day of the next episode.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)
I just finished watching the episode and I really loved it! I had lauugh out moments specially during the HB birthday party scene and the scene with Amy and Sheldon at Penny's apt!

I lost it when Amy started singing in "Disney Princess style" oh it's a tiara! she singing it instead of just shouting it was a very nice touch!

I liked that they showed us Sheldon being upset about his fight with Amy. I don't understand how some people can still say that he doesn't care about her. Yes, he is selfish, yes, he is not boyfriend material, and yes, he can be a jerk sometimes, but he did feel bad enough for him to accept advice from Leonard (yes, Sheldon took advice from someone) and asking Penny for help on Amy's present and even admit to Amy that he was wrong (Sheldon admitting he was wrong!).

And I totally love that he chose the Tiara for Amy (since Penny told him it was too much, we know HE chose that gift). Amy might not be the most beautiful girl, but she is his princess after all

and no I'm not ashamed of my fangirlin' right now
As always when it comes to your posts, THIS!

And I love how Sheldon said that Amy might want a man with a pocket watch.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Supreme Fan

This episode was alright. Still diggin the Shamy! and Jim is filling out those shirts now. He's been working out.

☆Krys ☆
topherkraz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Extreme Fan

I was sooooooo happy to get Sheldon/Penny scenes. They are a rare find now days

I don't wanna argue so I wont say much on the other topics here but I do think it was a overall funny episode. Sheldon being all moody and his koala face... so cute

OTP: Jim/Pam (the office US), Castle/Beckett (Castle), Sean/Fiona (Shameless), Henry/Jo (Forever)
Melissa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Extreme Fan

I was sooooooo happy to get Sheldon/Penny scenes. They are a rare find now days

I don't wanna argue so I wont say much on the other topics here but I do think it was a overall funny episode. Sheldon being all moody and his koala face... so cute

OTP: Jim/Pam (the office US), Castle/Beckett (Castle), Sean/Fiona (Shameless), Henry/Jo (Forever)
Melissa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

There were a couple of smiles but no laughs. I didn't like the way Sheldon acted, granted he treated her no worse then Leonard but he was just too uncaring about Amy's accomplishment. After all he has said he admires her mind so why not her work?

Howard and Bernadette...... What can I said, I cringed more than smiled and I didn't like the lack of continuity.

I think the writers just phoned it in.

Lets face it, if you had a friend who had never seen TBBT would you want them to watch this episode as an introduction?

I didn't think so.
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What they could have done (for continuity) with Sheldon, is to have him come and ask Penny for help, don't get tired of the knock-knock-knock Penny.

As I said before this ep was the definition of a filler ep, made to get them to the 100th next week. Other then that it did have it's moments but yes it also did feel a little flat.

BTW will we get more Green Lantern jokes now it won the People Choice Award LOL
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux3 (View Post)
Lets face it, if you had a friend who had never seen TBBT would you want them to watch this episode as an introduction?

I didn't think so.
Well, personally I don't like being told what I would and would not do, but I am very picky on showing people my shows and what kind of first impression I'd want to make, and there are actually less than a dozen eps of the 99 that have aired that I'd want to be the complete first impression.

This episode was actually quite high for me on the list this season, to be quite honest. I adore Mayim and she had some great stuff. I love the Leonard/Sheldon and the Sheldon/Penny dynamics and we got that. I'm digging the Shamy and we got that. I don't let a few Bernadette comments (who I usually adore) ruin an entire episode for me. And I actually have already re-watched it, so if my friend who saw Fuzzy Boots today (it was her first ep) had been on the futon with me during this ep, I actually don't think I would have thought it was a bad first impression. Would I have handpicked it? No, but again, I'm very picky. It just randomly being the first ep someone's seen? They're going into it without a shipper slant and without knowing of continuity errors and without knowing if a character repeatedly acts one way, so as a first impression, most of what people didn't like about it wouldn't apply.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I noticed the Amy comments about Penny have been toned down, maybe the writers are listening to us
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
I noticed the Amy comments about Penny have been toned down, maybe the writers are listening to us
Maybe! Or maybe the novelty of having a pretty blonde cheerleader type girl friend has just worn off.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

The first thing I wanna say is that after this, I would be so open to a Ménage à trois consisting of Penny, Sheldon and Amy. I don't care what people say XD

The SPA scenes were pure win -___- The "That's so hot" from Penny was fantastic, I think I watched it ten times before seeing the rest of the episode.

I found Howard/Bernadette sub-plot "meh". It was shifting between cute, uncomfortable, and exasperating (in an "Ahh how cutely clumsy they both are"). I think the vests thing was sweet, if a little strange xD But in a good way.

Obviously, I adored Leonard talking with Sheldon and the whole "Drinking my problems away" dynamic. It was hilarious and the chemistry was burning!

But I have to say it, I would have found this episode a little low on the fun side if it weren't for SPA scenes. They are the bomb! I watched the whole apartment scene several times and kept smiling every time Penny gave Amy the Tiara and Amy was so excited xD.

"But we both know that wouldn't have lasted long" Dear God! I say this Amy just wants her some Penny =DD

SP obviously was freaking amazing. As an SP fan, I must say the "You would be lucky to find a fella like me" was like salve on my wounded SP heart. But that's probably just me putting on shipper glasses (I think it's contagious). There is just so much symmetry there it hurts
Old 01-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Shamy/Penny dynamic is definitely one of my favorite things. S/P used to be my favorite comedic dynamic on the show, and of course I love Shamy and the besties beyond words, so the three of them in one scene is just pure gold.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm a person who loves the facial expressions on people more than anything else, so my favorite episode is hard to figure out between Sheldon's koala bear smile and Amy grinning ear to ear with a tiara on her head, but I think I'm going to have to give it to Leonard for his delighted grin when Sheldon praised and thanked him for his relationship advice. Seeing Leonard with a silly, absolutely thrilled smile on his face because he helped Sheldon with his relationship with bad advice totally slayed me. I don't know why, it just did.

Amy sounded like Oprah with her, "It's a TEE-ARR-AAAA!", and I mean that as a compliment; it was hilarious. I did come to notice in this episode that Mayim does a lot of "swaying" as Amy. I have noticed it before - in the Flaming Spittoon, when Amy and Stuart break their hug, Amy does this self-conscious sway that I found cute and funny. But now I'm noticing that she really sways around a lot, especially when she's not talking. She also has terrible posture. And can we please make her stop wearing olive and brown, stop the make-up people from making her hair so straight and limp? I want to get her back into her stripped cardigans and take a curling iron to her stat.
Lionne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wouldn't that be changing her too much? She is supposed to be the nerdy girl getting the guy all girls scream about, because you gotta admit, Sheldon does have himself so appeal there, specially in viewers' perception, Sheldon might be overwhelming and annoying to some, but the general idea of him is of an unreachable nerd. So I think she is absolutely fantastic as she is.

The epitome of nerdy girls finally catching a break. And she doesn't have to change about it, I think.