Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, but Sheldon's having the same issues as he always has, too, and so is Penny, so it's the nature of the show to have them not change.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

I loved the episode! I thought it was much funnier than TSR (though I liked that one, too).

I didn't feel like there was total resolution with Howard and Bernadette. He didn't seem completely comfortable with her suggested compromise. They seem to have a lot of unresolved issues; it makes me wonder if they'll actually make it to the altar.
TheHeroAlwaysPeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:01 PM
New Fan

I enjoyed this episode (and decided to register in order to jump in on TBBT discussions here. Hi all! ).

The Howard/Bernadette part of the episode wasn't as funny as Sheldon's complete obliviousness to his mistake, but hey, this is the type of thing that couples have to consider before getting married- and sometimes it's the breaking point, though it could work out. Like maybe Howard's mother can watch the kids!

Serious moments are not quite as rare in this show though. The first that comes to mind is at the end of one episode, in which Leonard was telling Penny he was leaving for a few months, and she was acting strong, but wanted him to stay.

I read that the writers are showing a darker side that exists to Bernadette. Dunno what their intentions are with it, maybe showing how her past affected her.

Regarding the Sheldon and Amy situation, that's classic Sheldon . Didn't expect him to budge very much on the emotional front, though the admission that he may not have been boyfriend material was a bit of growth for him. And of not flinching away from Amy's tiara-fueled affections . "Shamy" makes me happy. Happy enough to do Amy's happy-dance myself!
LoneQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Total Fan

I didn't like the H/B storyline because it didn't really have a resolution. I mean, Howard reluctantly agreed to stay home with the kids in an obvious effort to sweep the issues under the carpet. It wasn't funny and it felt kind of lazy. They're probably not going to mention this ever again.

Regarding Sheldon, as long as the writers want them to be together, he's got to be able to compromise at the very least. But he's still selfish. He bought Amy's affection with a gift. He didn't even notice he had upset her or done anything wrong until Penny told him. Has he really changed that much yet, other than making an effort to set things 'right' without actually dealing with the issue?
moyrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Passionate Fan

I thought Melissa did a very good job of acting tonight. The way she played the Bernadette character during the magic scene was very well done.
carl1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Yeah, but Sheldon's having the same issues as he always has, too, and so is Penny, so it's the nature of the show to have them not change.
I guess I missed the geeky stuff, the comic store, they eating together. There's just too much romance right now lol

About this episode, I'm experiencing watching it live... I think it was weird, the show looks shorter than it is LOL
Old 01-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocfan27 (View Post)
..Sheldon shouldn't have to change who he is to make his relationship {work} with Amy...he is who he is...
Sheldon shouldn't have to change who he is as a person to make someone else happy, but he should and will have to change a little if it's to make himself happy. If he didn't want to be in a relationship with Amy then he could keep it as a friendship and let her date other people. That's not what he wants, he has feelings for Amy and wants to date her himself. We all know that Sheldon has never been "boyfriend material," so it's obvious he's going to have to stretch himself a little to make this work. However, stretching himself is not solely for the benefit of making Amy happy, it's also to make himself happy because this relationship is what he wants and what he asked for. Ergo, a little bit of change is going to be for his own good.
Lionne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionne (View Post)
Sheldon shouldn't have to change who he is as a person to make someone else happy, but he should and will have to change a little if it's to make himself happy. If he didn't want to be in a relationship with Amy then he could keep it as a friendship and let her date other people. That's not what he wants, he has feelings for Amy and wants to date her himself. We all know that Sheldon has never been "boyfriend material," so it's obvious he's going to have to stretch himself a little to make this work. However, stretching himself is not solely for the benefit of making Amy happy, it's also to make himself happy because this relationship is what he wants and what he asked for. Ergo, a little bit of change is going to be for his own good.
This.

Sheldon is not "changing" for Amy, he is still his same oblivious and selfish persona, but he actually WANTS to be in a relationship with Amy, so he is trying to do what is needed to be able to do so.
Rockyele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionne (View Post)
Exactly, he doesn't have to change, Amy makes him want to do whatever he can to keep her happy and wanting to be in a relationship with her. Where I come from, we call that sweet. And I definitely don't consider someone getting upset about their boyfriend treating them like that as being shallow or anything, and her excitement over the tiara, she's always craved affection and she's never had any gift like that before; it's only natural for her to be excited about it.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This felt a little like a filler ep for next weeks ep100 but I still enjoyed it.

The H&B babies story was nice, I'm sure they will work things out.

Shamy was good, Amy great as always when she got the tiara.

Only think I didn't like was no L&P interaction or did I miss it?

Quote:
Anyone else wondering if Bernadette's dislike of children comes from her having to deal with a lot of stubborn ones when her mother ran the illegal day care?
Yes you could be right.

Next week the big 100, anyone got the promo yet?
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

The main problem is, Sheldon shouldn't want to be in a relationship lol I agree it is story progression, but Amy is so... I don't know, different from the first couple of episodes.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
And I definitely don't consider someone getting upset about their boyfriend treating them like that as being shallow or anything, and her excitement over the tiara, she's always craved affection and she's never had any gift like that before; it's only natural for her to be excited about it.
And, THIS. I think Sheldon's behaviour was super-jerky and crappy even for a friend, let alone for a boyfriend. When Penny told him "you must be happy for her, she's your girlfriend" I was like "Firstly, She is your friend, you bonehead!", even if she were no more than that, he was awful to her. Amy was in her full right to be upset with him.

And yes, Sheldon is like that all the time, specially with Leonard, who is a saint at this point for putting up with him, but it was about time someone had enough self-respect to show "I don't like you behaving like that", and I'm happy it was Amy.
Rockyele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyele (View Post)
And, THIS. I think Sheldon's behaviour was super-jerky and crappy even for a friend, let alone for a boyfriend. When Penny told him "you must be happy for her, she's your girlfriend" I was like "Firstly, She is your friend, you bonehead!", even if she were no more than that, he was awful to her. Amy was in her full right to be upset with him.

And yes, Sheldon is like that all the time, specially with Leonard, who is a saint at this point for putting up with him, but it was about time someone had enough self-respect to show "I don't like you behaving like that", and I'm happy it was Amy.
True that. I wanted to slap him when he basically ignored her. I, too, am glad that Amy didn't just sit there and take it, even though it only lasted about 2 days and a tiara to make her forget. But hey, she's a princess! She's probably excited about what it represented.

(Mayim's acting was my favorite thing in this episode)
moyrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
True that. I wanted to slap him when he basically ignored her. I, too, am glad that Amy didn't just sit there and take it, even though it only lasted about 2 days and a tiara to make her forget. But hey, she's a princess! She's probably excited about what it represented.

(Mayim's acting was my favorite thing in this episode)
Agreed on all of this! And Brit has seen a promo, but as far as I know, no one else yet.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Absolute Fan

I just finished watching the episode and I really loved it! I had lauugh out moments specially during the HB birthday party scene and the scene with Amy and Sheldon at Penny's apt!

I lost it when Amy started singing in "Disney Princess style" oh it's a tiara! she singing it instead of just shouting it was a very nice touch!

I liked that they showed us Sheldon being upset about his fight with Amy. I don't understand how some people can still say that he doesn't care about her. Yes, he is selfish, yes, he is not boyfriend material, and yes, he can be a jerk sometimes, but he did feel bad enough for him to accept advice from Leonard (yes, Sheldon took advice from someone) and asking Penny for help on Amy's present and even admit to Amy that he was wrong (Sheldon admitting he was wrong!).

And I totally love that he chose the Tiara for Amy (since Penny told him it was too much, we know HE chose that gift). Amy might not be the most beautiful girl, but she is his princess after all

and no I'm not ashamed of my fangirlin' right now
Sursonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread