Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2011, 03:30 PM
New Fan

big bang bully theory

what the hell!!!

im assuming the writers dont give a *@it about the characters that so many people love, letting the bullies get the better of them. what are the real people being bullied out there supposed to think? the writers of this show seem to be trying to alienate there core fans. im assuming they are pro bullie and were probably bullies themselvs.

i really hope the next episode sorts this out.

i did really love this show, but it is rapidly going downhill.
jaicurlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would have liked a Penny/Leonard scene to wrap it up since he is a past victim and she was a past bully, yes. That would have completed it pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomita (View Post)
This episode gave me the impression of something put together in or around a hiatus, somewhat like Psychic Vortex in season 3 or Bus Pants in season 4 - both less-than-perfect episodes, coming just after the break. Henceforth the show settled into it's groove again. This time I guess it just happened before the break.

Let's assume that 99/100 will be lovely.
I actually really liked Psychic Vortex-it was one of my favorite episodes that year, but I agree, this did feel like Bus Pants.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Me neither, I would have expected better from her too if they writers did hint to something about about her, I still do expect better but the fact is the good qualities we have of her are mostly generalized things that come from some of her actions, like standing up for the guys, doing them favors and realizing she cares about them, but overall the writers went a long way to make her not the perfect girl everyone was expecting.

I don't know if that's actually very good development or characterization (as in, she is more realistic) or if it is another one of Chuck trade marks moves in making main girl characters completely awful.

I think the biggest problem was the closure being weak, it really looks like closure but you kind of know things are going to be a certain way depending on the episode :/ They could just forget about this as they have done with other things too.

By the way, I saw the episode again and I laugh every time time Penny shows Amy that sweater and Amy goes like "That is adorable" Damn, the delivery of that line is genius.

Also, how come people forget that Sheldon was nice before going out with Amy? It's like you forget for the sake of boasting the image of the Shamy O.o I like the Shamy but I like Sheldon more and I always kind of obsessed with his little bursts of "humanity" before, I guess I was the only one seeing them.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Supreme Fan

Are they just trying to get the cheap laugh with Penny or is she (or Kaley) getting punished for something? Bad decisions. And its weird I liked Bus Pants more than the Psychic episode.

Why was there absolutely no reference to SHAMY's new relationship? Its as if nothing happened? I don't want them to brow beat us to death with it but still show something.

☆Krys ☆
topherkraz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fercita (View Post)
Also, how come people forget that Sheldon was nice before going out with Amy? It's like you forget for the sake of boasting the image of the Shamy O.o I like the Shamy but I like Sheldon more and I always kind of obsessed with his little bursts of "humanity" before, I guess I was the only one seeing them.
He always had his moments of humanity, and I think it's always been clear that Sheldon, despite his ego and eccentricities, is a good person at heart and ready to help his friends when really needed. His helping Penny with money, giving Raj a job or even saving Leonard's life happened long before Amy.

What I feel is that now it's gradually coming easier to him to own and express those feelings in a conscious and verbal way. He has hardly ever used the word 'love', except for his Mee maw. Now he used it for the bird, and for Leonard; he's learning to 'get' jokes and laugh; and he really does seem to enjoy the human interaction he has with Amy, in a different way than his other friends, with a greater comfort level. Also there was the realization of being 'no different from a common man' in terms of emotions. Maybe that is what translates into a better grasp on understanding and expressing things which he earlier tended to shy away from. In an awkward Sheldonesque way, of course, but at least he's bothering to try.

Quote:
Why was there absolutely no reference to SHAMY's new relationship? Its as if nothing happened? I don't want them to brow beat us to death with it but still show something.
Strangely, I was okay with that. I actually liked that it went back to a guy-interaction, a girl-interaction and an L/P/S scene, just for one episode.

Perhaps I'm a sucker for delayed gratification.

Last edited by Pomita; 12-09-2011 at 03:57 PM
Pomita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fercita (View Post)

I don't think anyone is saying Sheldon wasn't nice ever before Amy.. he did have some of those moments, but I do think those moments have been showing a little more often since Amy.. he allows himself to express more emotions and admits he has feelings, a little more.

Trying to put my shipper thoughts on the side for a little, I think there is some sort of underestimation of what Amy means to Sheldon on the fandom, even after everthing that has happenned so far between them. Yes, he is not the most expressive character in the show, and neither is Amy, but she obviously means a lot to him. And I wanna quote Jim cos, who better tban him and this phrase expresses pretty much all my thoughts on the matter, what Jim said backstage at Leno's when he was asked about Sheldon asking Amy to be his girlfriend "It may not seem romantic to some people, but Sheldon is speaking from the heart"
Sursonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Supreme Fan

I just wish we had another episode next week before the break because now I have to watch a bunch of episodes to forget this one.

☆Krys ☆
Old 12-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topherkraz78 (View Post)
I just wish we had another episode next week before the break because now I have to watch a bunch of episodes to forget this one.
Sadly, we won't... I didn't hate it, but it was my least fav episode this season definitely.. I will only rewatch it for the girls scenes, mostly Bernadette and after her Amy...

I do feel like this episode and Flaming Spittoon should have been switched in airing order, episode 10 felt more like a "before long hiatus" episode.
Sursonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)
Sadly, we won't... I didn't hate it, but it was my least fav episode this season definitely.. I will only rewatch it for the girls scenes, mostly Bernadette and after her Amy...

I do feel like this episode and Flaming Spittoon should have been switched in airing order, episode 10 felt more like a "before long hiatus" episode.
Maybe so, but it also felt more of a sweeps episode than this one.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomita (View Post)
Also there was the realization of being 'no different from a common man' in terms of emotions. Maybe that is what translates into a better grasp on understanding and expressing things which he earlier tended to shy away from. In an awkward Sheldonesque way, of course, but at least he's bothering to try.
This is exactly what it comes down to for me. It's easy to dismiss Amy's importance in Sheldon's development as a character, and relatively convenient to write her off as a secondary character just because she came along a little later. But I think even if someone is going to argue against a relationship between the two you have to admit that Amy has had a huge impact on Sheldon, if only because he finally has someone he can relate to as an (acknowledged) intellectual equal. That's why I love the two as friends or as a couple--really, even if you have a close social group, how lonely must it be to exist on a different mental wavelength as everyone else? Watching Amy and Sheldon disappear into their own world of plotting a social experiment or playing a game of counterfactuals is actually incredibly moving to me. It's abundantly clear that the two of them have never had anyone they were able to identify with so completely--in a world where you've constantly been perceived as somehow different and alien in behavior, how much has it got to mean to you to finally find someone who you can feel normal with?

Icon by BlackWhiteRose
modern_audrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by modern_audrey (View Post)
This is exactly what it comes down to for me. It's easy to dismiss Amy's importance in Sheldon's development as a character, and relatively convenient to write her off as a secondary character just because she came along a little later. But I think even if someone is going to argue against a relationship between the two you have to admit that Amy has had a huge impact on Sheldon, if only because he finally has someone he can relate to as an (acknowledged) intellectual equal. That's why I love the two as friends or as a couple--really, even if you have a close social group, how lonely must it be to exist on a different mental wavelength as everyone else? Watching Amy and Sheldon disappear into their own world of plotting a social experiment or playing a game of counterfactuals is actually incredibly moving to me. It's abundantly clear that the two of them have never had anyone they were able to identify with so completely--in a world where you've constantly been perceived as somehow different and alien in behavior, how much has it got to mean to you to finally find someone who you can feel normal with?
I absolutely love your comment Audrey, specially the part I bolded. Jim said it himself in an interview, with Amy this is the first time Sheldon wasn't arguing with someone. He was in a constant "fight" and disagreement with everyone, Amy appearead and became his 'partner in crime', someone he can relate to for real.

I'm very curious and delighted to see them as an "official couple" and to see how they behave in this new paradigm they are into, but I really miss their interaction as it was last season, that mischevious look they shared in Herb Garden is still among my all times faves , we had a little reminder of that dynamic in TIP, with that scene at the cafeteria, I'm looking forward for more of that!
Rockyele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
That's why I love the two as friends or as a couple--really, even if you have a close social group, how lonely must it be to exist on a different mental wavelength as everyone else? Watching Amy and Sheldon disappear into their own world of plotting a social experiment or playing a game of counterfactuals is actually incredibly moving to me. It's abundantly clear that the two of them have never had anyone they were able to identify with so completely--in a world where you've constantly been perceived as somehow different and alien in behavior, how much has it got to mean to you to finally find someone who you can feel normal with?
Absolutely, and I should add that I was about to use the words 'same wavelength' in my last post, you did it for me. If nothing else, Amy is, for Sheldon, someone to 'fall back on' when he needs to relax in a safe (for him) intellectual setting. The relief of that itself, for someone who has never experienced it, may lead to an increase in comfort level with others around him, because it takes away the need of constantly wariness against being misunderstood or judged.

Quote:
I really miss their interaction as it was last season, that mischevious look they shared in Herb Garden is still among my all times faves , we had a little reminder of that dynamic in TIP, with that scene at the cafeteria, I'm looking forward for more of that!
That was one of the sweetest scenes of the whole series, for me. And I wasn't even (consciously) a shipper at that time.

But I think this discussion is veering too much into Shamy territory, and away from the present episode? Maybe we should move.

Last edited by Pomita; 12-09-2011 at 04:57 PM
Pomita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Loved the part when Sheldon stood up to Jimmy, and then said that he platonically "loves" Leonard.
''Leonard, I platonically love you man, but face it, you're a mess.''

I liked the episode, but it was not as funny as some earlier episodes, it was kinda weak.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Its funny how people didn't look forward to the SHAMY but now it seems to be the best part of the show as of late. Even other shippers like the SHAMY. They need to walk with this plot-line not run but its their bread and butter right now.

☆Krys ☆
Old 12-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-90 (View Post)
Loved the part when Sheldon stood up to Jimmy, and then said that he platonically "loves" Leonard.
''Leonard, I platonically love you man, but face it, you're a mess.''

I liked the episode, but it was not as funny as some earlier episodes, it was kinda weak.
The "I platonically love you," comment pretty much had made my day.

Reply   Post New Thread