Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good ep but I was hoping there would be a Penny/Leonard scene after she realized she was a bully at school.

The girls were funny trying to do right only to steal the clothes, its nice Penny has her gang now and they hang out.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Master Fan

I really enjoyed this episode. Loved Leonard getting to stand up against his bully, even if he and Sheldon ran away at the end, he got out what he needed to say and the rest was just self defense. I adored the girls in this episode, at first I was a little annoyed that Penny seemed to be taking steps backwards, but at least she realized what she was doing was wrong and tried to mend things with the people she bullied. Anyways, on the whole I enjoyed it.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
I really enjoyed this episode. Loved Leonard getting to stand up against his bully, even if he and Sheldon ran away at the end, he got out what he needed to say and the rest was just self defense. I adored the girls in this episode, at first I was a little annoyed that Penny seemed to be taking steps backwards, but at least she realized what she was doing was wrong and tried to mend things with the people she bullied. Anyways, on the whole I enjoyed it.
I really agree with this, although in the first scene with Jimmy I thought they were trying way too hard with Sheldon. But before and after that he was great, and redeemed himself with his line about loving Leonard platonically.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I really agree with this, although in the first scene with Jimmy I thought they were trying way too hard with Sheldon. But before and after that he was great, and redeemed himself with his line about loving Leonard platonically.
Yeah, it did feel like they started to push it a bit too far, but, yeah that line was just so sweet, I forgot about that.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Absolute Fan

I just finished watching the episode, since my in-laws came for dinner so I couldn't watch it live..

all in all I did have a good laugh, but mostly with the girls, the three of them rocked! specially Bernadette, and Amy's "is it the fuzz?" almost made me die of laughter, I swear, my face still hurts.

I did enjoy some of Sheldon's lines, specially when he said he platonically loved Leonard awwww (I guess having a girlfriend now is making him a little bit more open to expressing his feelings, but just a little bit) and Leonard was brave stading up to his bully, but the Jimmy storyline didn't came across to me as funny as the girl's storyline was.

To me, it is my least favourite episode on the season so far, maybe it has to do with the fact that Flaming Spittoon was so amazing (to me) that it was kinda obvious this one I was going to enjoy it less. The girls saved it for me, if it wasn't for that storyline it would have been an episode I wouldn't rewatch as much as all the other episodes...

I will rewatch it tomorrow though, to give a more detailed review of it.
Sursonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

I usually keep a show on my PVR for a while and watch it more than a few times.
This one... I watched it once and deleted it.
It was very weak and mostly depressing. Leonard was way, way too willing to let bygones be bygones. Not believable.
There were maybe a couple of smiles but no laughs, maybe because I was the short chubby geek in school. It mostly was depressing.

I thought Penny came off as kind of insensitive and basically of very poor moral character. Why are the writers making her out to be the drunk, lose loser?
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just noticed at the start Sheldon has an iPad cleverly discussed with a bullet hole sticker partly over the Apple logo, like we can't tell it's an iPad?
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:56 AM
New Fan

I really enjoyed this episode, not as much as an episode like "The Isolation Permutation" (which I consider the best of the season so far), but still. I was happy for Leonard for standing up to Jimmy, even surprised that he actually shoved him. I don't blame him for running away at the end. If I had just shoved a guy at least twice my size in anger and he was chasing me down a flight of stairs I'd make a run for it. If it was me I probably would've called him a cab instead of letting him sleep on the couch. The girls' storyline bordered on something out of "It's Always Sunny...," taking from the donation box, but I still adore Bernadette and Amy's facial expression when she was talking about sharing a cell with Penny and her "fuzz" line were AMAZING. I don't think Penny looked as bad as she could've since she didn't realize what she did was bullying.

I didn't even catch Sheldon's "I love you." That really makes me appreciate his and Leonard's friendship <3.
chipmunk_tubetops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

The first thing that comes to mind is that Sheldon said he loved Leonard without being drunk. I thought that was sweet. I think Leonard is the first person we have heard he way those things to oh wait no, he said those words to his mom after Penny broke him. Sheldon might be all up for science but he does know that love is not always "about the mind", and I was very moved it was his best friend he said that to *feels the fuzzies*. It if wasn't me being squashed down by people telling me I shouldn't look too much into it, I would say I thank Penny for breaking Sheldon, I also thank the bird.

Ohhh what is this? More continuity? Unheard of... :OO

Penny was terrible here. Freaking amazing terrible but terrible nonetheless, I felt really good when she realized what she did and she made things right (as most as she could )

I felt proud of her and I could smell a little bit of development.

Also, they writers really do need to take this crush Amy has on Penny somewhere. I think she likes Penny as much as she does Sheldon.

I like that. It's freaking awesome, I just wished the writers didn't use that for the laughs, they have great lines and that about "cellmates" was pure win.

I saw that both plots had some sort of closure in them.

Also, I liked my Sheldon being the Alpha again. Though I'm not liking his dialogue as of late, is too headstrong and blunt. He needs some "bounce off of"

I didn't like Jimmy being mean and I was with Sheldon there about killing him, and I also didn't like the representation of the guys running down the stairs, I just didn't laugh much even if they looked adorable.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode, I liked Bernadette running of with those boots and Sheldon being more friendly, type season two Sheldon, but with proper development proportional of the time passed. I saw some people acting surprised about Sheldon being nice (hot here, though, or I don't know, I haven't read any posts yet), that just reinforces my idea that they weren't handling him right season four. He was nice already! He did many things for others without wanting something in return.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree that Amy has a crush on Penny, that's fairly obvious, but she likes her in a different way than she likes Sheldon. Penny had the life that Amy never had but clearly wanted, at least to some extent, and she's the kind of girl who was always popular, which Amy craved, and now, some would say against all odds, that kind of girl is friends with her and giving her a taste of the life that she didn't have growing up. Her crush on Penny is based off of that, while her feelings for Sheldon stem from common intellectual values (which judging by why she didn't sleep with Zack, Amy values more than anything else).

I'm actually glad Leonard was so willing to forgive Jimmy-especially when at first he was so apologetic. I mean, I got picked on a lot in third grade, I don't have a chip on my shoulder about it. What's the point of holding a grudge?

Old 12-09-2011, 05:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I agree that Amy has a crush on Penny, that's fairly obvious, but she likes her in a different way than she likes Sheldon. Penny had the life that Amy never had but clearly wanted, at least to some extent, and she's the kind of girl who was always popular, which Amy craved, and now, some would say against all odds, that kind of girl is friends with her and giving her a taste of the life that she didn't have growing up. Her crush on Penny is based off of that, while her feelings for Sheldon stem from common intellectual values (which judging by why she didn't sleep with Zack, Amy values more than anything else).

I'm actually glad Leonard was so willing to forgive Jimmy-especially when at first he was so apologetic. I mean, I got picked on a lot in third grade, I don't have a chip on my shoulder about it. What's the point of holding a grudge?
I agree. Amy's crush comes from more that she idolizes Penny and wants to be like her and be her bestie, but she doesn't idolize Sheldon, that relationship is based on mutual interests and similarities.

And Leonard has always been very forgiving of people and I don't think it's bad that it showed here. I think it's nice that he has such confidence in people-and, honestly, I believed Jimmy when he was apologizing, so I think it makes sense that Leonard did. But he eventually realized that wasn`t the case and spoke his mind.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I believed him too, so...it doesn't bother me that he forgave him. If he hadn't forgiven him the guy would have turned out to be genuine and then people would be angry about him holding a grudge.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Character development, funny lines, backstory revelations... It was a very good episode. B for the laughs, A for overall continuity and consistency

Past Shows
Freaks and Geeks, Battlestar Galactica, Malcolm in the Middle
GeekSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSoul (View Post)
Character development, funny lines, backstory revelations... It was a very good episode. B for the laughs, A for overall continuity and consistency
Totally agree. Not the funniest episode of the series or even of the season, but the continuity and backstory and all that was great.

Also, if they had referenced "senior prom" instead of "junior prom" that would have explained Howard's comment in The Peanut Reaction. My head canon is now telling me Howard said the wrong thing.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well, I still think it's similar. Amy has had very clear very suggestive dialogue about her feelings for Penny. You might idolize someone but you don't say you melt looking into her eyes, or wanting to bed her more than a boy, or trying things with her if Penny is open to it. The writers have been very blunt about that and I would like them to address that in some sort of way.

I'm just going by what the writers show me, and I thought they would let that up since we have a relationship agreement, but maybe that doesn't specify girls. Oh dear, I'm just imagining things up and it would be hilarious -___-

Also, Leonard was weak here but then he resurfaced and got two closures, one when he gets an apology and second when he stands up for himself. That was very nicely done.