Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Episode 3x06 "The Cornhusker Vortex" - 11/02/09

Quote:
Sheldon teaches Leonard how to understand football while a kite-fighting incident threatens Howard and Raj's friendship.
No promo pictures this time :[

Discuss away
I won't let you be denied
Ashu is always mindlessly twatting away on Twitter|icon by Petra
Andu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:10 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread, can't wait for tonight!

Join the John Mayer campaign!
**SuperGirl** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Banned

Thanks for the thread

Should be an interesting episode.
chemistry86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

loved it.....leonard trying to understand football and the kite flying
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:02 AM
Loyal Fan

The episode was kinda forgettable. It felt like I watched most of it in the preview clips we had online. It seemed terribly short. And nothing seemed to happen. It wasn't too funny either. All the football plot was quick and rushed. Well, hope the next one is better

ETA Raj and Howard were kinda sweet, though
Old 11-03-2009, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved Raj insulting Howard

And who ever thought that Leonard would learn about football from Sheldon I loved that so much
Old 11-03-2009, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

I felt lke there were too many scenes leaked early too, felt like I saw it all
I wouold have actually liked to see Sheldon teach Leonard although watching Leonard and Raj watching the game was funny.
Really had some funny lines in it
I don't expect big numbers last night's Word series game was a HUGE game. NY could have ended it but for me Philadelphia won and we go back to game 6 on Wednesday...
Fox will sooo win this night in ratings!
LostInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Elite Fan

Dunno the episode wasn't quite so funny. The LSH scene was nice. The LR scene was nice. The LPS scene was nice. Otherwise pretty boring.

I have to agree with one review I read today. The bromances that are taking over sitcoms are becoming boring. Why can't two guys just be friends any more? Why do they have to behave like husband and wife? HR are best when they are best friends I don't want them to be each others spouses :\
I won't let you be denied
Ashu is always mindlessly twatting away on Twitter|icon by Petra
Andu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Banned

This episode was really not so good, except for Sheldon. I loved that Sheldon knew about football. I also loved the cylon toast references because I am a huge fan of Battlestar Galactica, lol.

Leonard is getting increasingly vexing as time goes on. His insecurities with Penny ruined lastnights episode because they were the A plot and they focused the episiode around this. I was just not a fan, especially since Leonard said he only wanted Penny for some sex. As Sheldon said, if that's the case why doesn't he go pay for it?

I did love the Raj/Howard stuff though, even though the bromance thing is a bit of a cliche. I am still missing SP scenes.
chemistry86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

TV Ratings: World Series battles Dance, Big Bang Theory on Monday - HitFix.com
wow didn't expect tbbt to almost beat the world series last night

for me the epi fell flat, I miss the LP cuteness and the scenes together, last night hardly had any and I still wanted to see Sheldon Teach Leonard about foot ball, I think that is where the idea of all of this went wrong. That should have been the focus

Also I thought the Raj/howard story was awful
Old 11-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTime (View Post)
TV Ratings: World Series battles Dance, Big Bang Theory on Monday - HitFix.com
wow didn't expect tbbt to almost beat the world series last night

for me the epi fell flat, I miss the LP cuteness and the scenes together, last night hardly had any and I still wanted to see Sheldon Teach Leonard about foot ball, I think that is where the idea of all of this went wrong. That should have been the focus

Also I thought the Raj/howard story was awful
Hey, Lee I think people are tuning in just to spend some quality time with the favorite characters. We love our nerds. It doesn't really matter if the epi good or bad, just seeing them on the screen makes our day brighter. The characters are like our days 'Friends'. Damn, I'd watch them sitting and doing nothin
Old 11-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

I liked this episode, but did not love it. I agree with Lee, too many clips were released ahead of time, I felt like I already watched most of it already. I suppose that is my fault for checking out the spoilers though This episode also felt shorter, I think it clocked in at about 19 minutes.

I thought Sheldon rocked in this episode. Texas football Sheldon was awesome, but I would have like to see him spend more time with Leonard teaching him football. I felt like that part went to fast. Of course still not loving LP, I wish we would get one episode where their relationship was not a plot line, but I preferred them last night because they were not all cutesy. I just don't buy them together when they are like that and last night it felt more real. I wish Leonard would gain more confidence and not worry over Penny so much. I mean he spent two seasons whining/pondering over Penny, now that he is with her I would rather not see that so much.

I usually love Howard/Raj scenes, but they were underwhelming for me. Had some fun moments, but did not love them. So to sum up Sheldon saved the episode for me, although even a so-so episode of TBBT beats out many other shows! Oh, and we need more SP scenes. They have been really lacking this season and I miss them!
Old 11-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Master Fan

Oh Elena I love them too but game 5 if the Yankees one it would have been the last game for the championship! I am just so shocked at how many viewers tuned into our show.. I hang my head in shame I watched it on my DVR after the game lol

And Tash You are right I should have stayed away from the spoilers too but Oh Man is it hard to do that lol
Old 11-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTime (View Post)
Oh Elena I love them too but game 5 if the Yankees one it would have been the last game for the championship! I am just so shocked at how many viewers tuned into our show.. I hang my head in shame I watched it on my DVR after the game l
Now I'm confused. Should I spray you with water or give you a chocolate?

And as LP shipper I'd like them to smooch more. One make out scene and the episode is saved for me (yes, I'm that shallow )
Old 11-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

I guess the water but there is no killing the Phillies fan in me! I had to watch the game live, I just had to
Reply   Post New Thread