Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2018, 08:59 AM
Master Fan

Episode 12.05: The Planetarium Collision - 10/18/18

“The Planetarium Collision”

SHELDON SABOTAGES AMY’S CAREER AND GETS A GHOSTLY VISIT FROM AN OLD FRIEND, ON “THE BIG BANG THEORY,” THURSDAY, OCT. 18

Emmy Award Winner Bob Newhart Returns as Arthur Jeffries

When Amy doesn’t have time to work on super-asymmetry, Sheldon goes to great lengths to ensure she’s available to work with him even it if means accidentally sabotaging her career in the process. Also, Koothrappali doesn’t want Wolowitz to join him in hosting a show at the planetarium.

REGULAR CAST:
Johnny Galecki (Leonard)
Jim Parsons (Sheldon)
Kaley Cuoco (Penny)
Simon Helberg (Wolowitz)
Kunal Nayyar (Koothrappali)
Mayim Bialik (Amy)
Melissa Rauch (Bernadette)

RECURRING CAST:
Bob Newhart (Arthur Jeffries)
Joshua Malina (President Siebert)

GUEST CAST:
Eddie Shin (Dr. Park)
Alison Martin (Andrea)
Hermie Castillo (Colin)

STORY BY: Eric Kaplan, Andy Gordon, Alex Ayers
TELEPLAY BY: Steve Holland, Maria Ferrari, Tara Hernandez
DIRECTED BY: Mark Cendrowski

Promo, Sneak Peek, Promotional Photos + Press Release

Leonard: "Am I like the dryer sheets of your heart?"
Penny: "Better. You’re the lint trap of my love."
~Martin~
*luminous* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:41 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT Martin.
I won't be able to watch the episode until late, so have fun!
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Well I can't say that the laughs hit the mark for me in this one. But make no mistake I was all warm inside seeing Pr. Proton again. Even moreso with a good dose of R/H bromance.
It seems from all the evidence that Sheldon has rather a learning disability when it comes to reading people especially their emotions/motives.
Siebert however just fails as an administrator, not discussing this with Amy before he rearranged the staff.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:17 PM
Master Fan

Yay for Seibert! I must say, I don't enjoy our discussions.
Some interesting interactions in this one - Sheldon/Amy, Raj/Howard.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:21 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Not really sure what I think of this episode... It was interesting to see Sheldon and Amy working on their project, just because I'm sure that will be an ongoing thing this season. And I did like Howard and Raj in the end. But most of the episode was just okay.

I laughed the hardest at Penny coming back after checking the stairs.... That was not at all what I expected!
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:35 PM
Master Fan

I'm confused by Raj/Howard's plot, nothing really new. Bernadette in the planetarium was the best part.

I'm glad that Amy told Sheldon he was being selfish, it's about time. But I don't like how they write Sheldon recently, he's a giant spoiled baby more than ever, even in his relationship with Amy (when he doesn't make her childish with the kind of poke he does on her nose).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
I laughed the hardest at Penny coming back after checking the stairs.... That was not at all what I expected!
Leonard knew
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:02 AM
Supreme Fan

What a weird episode. I don't know how many times we've seen them looking at the stars by now, but it does get boring.

Shamy is just utterly boring. It baffles me how much screen time they get each week and yet it feels like they do nothing.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
Shamy is just utterly boring. It baffles me how much screen time they get each week and yet it feels like they do nothing.
I like Shamy, but I don't love them like Lenny. Even though there are times where Sheldon is absolutely inconsiderate of Amy.

This episode is easily my least favorite of the season, as we once again get Sheldon once again being inconsiderate of his significant other.

Yes I know Sheldon has shortcomings but after so many times of pissing Amy off w/ how inconsiderate he's been w/ her, it gets annoying that he doesn't stop and consider Amy's feelings until he gets called on it by her.

-Why didn't he consider if Amy really wanted to do what Sheldon suggested wouldn't Amy had done what Sheldon suggested?

-Why did he think it was appropriate to be messing w/ her career w/o her knowing about it? Why didn't he think about asking her 1st?

And don't even get me started on Siebart's unethical conduct of taking Sheldon's advice w/o Amy there.

Howard-Raj's payoff was lackluster. It would've been funnier if they had praised each other to the point it annoyed 1 of them, or annoyed the audience.

Bernadette's explaining about her Russian role-playing character was hilarious. As was Penny's "shut up" when she figured out Leonard was right about the flight of stairs, but not enough to redeem the episode (even w/ Prof. Proton).
meka3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:53 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

I did really love Bernadette as well! And Penny's reactions to Bernadette!

I'm kind of surprised by how often we've seen the planetarium. I get the gang going to see Raj's show when he first started, but really, why would they keep going back?
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't care for most of the Shamy stuff - I'm kinda over the way Sheldon is still acting 12 years in. But I absolutely loved the Lenny and Bernadette, and the Howard and Raj stuff was repetitive but I still kinda liked it. And I did like the last Shamy scene.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nice little episode.
Loved the Raj/Howard hug at the plantarium Bernadette was so funny speaking with that russian accent
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread