Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2018, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

Episode 11.18: The Gates Excitation - 3/29/18

“The Gates Excitation”

PHILANTHROPIST BILL GATES MAKES AN APPEARANCE, ON “THE BIG BANG THEORY,” THURSDAY, MARCH 29

“The Gates Excitation” – Penny gets the opportunity to host Bill Gates at work when his company wants to partner with her pharmaceutical company. Also, Leonard, Koothrappali and Wolowitz do everything in their power to meet him, while Sheldon thinks he is the victim of an April Fools prank, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, March 29 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Penny gets the opportunity to host @BillGates at work and the guys do everything in their power to meet him! @BigBangTheory #CBS 3/29 8pm http://bit.ly/2oUGesW

REGULAR CAST:
Johnny Galecki (Leonard)
Jim Parsons (Sheldon)
Kaley Cuoco (Penny)
Simon Helberg (Wolowitz)
Kunal Nayyar (Koothrappali)
Mayim Bialik (Amy)
Melissa Rauch (Bernadette)

RECURRING CAST:
Kevin Sussman (Stuart)

GUEST CAST:
Bill Gates (Himself)

STORY BY: Eric Kaplan & Maria Ferrari & Andy Gordon
TELEPLAY BY: Steve Holland & Tara Hernadnez & Jeremy Howe
DIRECTED BY: Mark Cendrowski

Promo, Promotional Photos + Press Release

Leonard: "Am I like the dryer sheets of your heart?"
Penny: "Better. You’re the lint trap of my love."
~Martin~
*luminous* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT! This week has been flying by for me and I'm glad that means it's almost episode day!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for opening! Finally the March Madness break is over and we get a high profile guest star. Can't wait!
Old 03-29-2018, 01:39 PM
Supreme Fan

TFTNT! I'm so excited for this one. Finally a guest star I like.
Old 03-29-2018, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

Such a great episode! All of the plot lines were great, but Leonard and Penny killed it tonight.

My one quibble is that Sheldon already met Bill Gates and got punched in the face when he insulted him. Unless that punch wiped his memory.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Personal headcanon: Sheldon repressed his memory of bill gates punching him and that's why his friends told him he was in different places. I mean if not what are we supposed to pretend this is a parallel universe & Sheldon is just meeting him again for the 1st time? Boy I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.
meka3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hmmmm. Perhaps he mulled it over and is not counting the punch as "meeting" someone.
This was in any case the finest of all April Fool pranks. The one where your target does not know if it is a prank or not. I'm glad Bernie is keeping her mind sharp, but my guts feel like a black hole every time I fathon the extinction of the sun. (shiver)
Finally, Penny, girl, you have known Leonard all this time. You HAD to expect him to take the first chance he had to talk to one of his idols.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
Hmmmm. Perhaps he mulled it over and is not counting the punch as "meeting" someone.
We could always hope for another author's saving throw where it gets addressed in a later episode, like in the friendship contraction and that answering the lack of painted arrows from season 4's finale.

Leonard: What happened to all your glow-in-the-dark-emergency-exit stuff you had painted on the floor?

Sheldon: Oh, that was wildly carcinogenic.

Quote:
Finally, Penny, girl, you have known Leonard all this time. You HAD to expect him to take the first chance he had to talk to one of his idols.
You mean the 2nd time right?

Last edited by meka3000; 03-29-2018 at 11:09 PM
meka3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Great episode tonight! I was especially amused by how invested Bernadette was in Bob the Builder!
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:31 PM
Master Fan

Funny episode with a typical old-episodes-Sheldon and Leonard and Penny in full adorableness mode.
Amy annoyed by Bernadette but still trying to be supportive, I totally can relate to that. This is so annoying and frustrating when your friends don't stop talking about their babies.
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:32 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
Great episode tonight! I was especially amused by how invested Bernadette was in Bob the Builder!
I loved that too!
Old 03-30-2018, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

Nothing against Kevin, but what was the point on having Stuart in this episode? And who is in charge of the comic book store?
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

Well, I guess it must be me, judging by your comments, but I didn't find this episode that funny. It was okay.

Bernadette 'hacking' her maternity brain was pretty funny, and a different twist on the whole 'pregnancy/new mom' joke field. I liked that.

It would've been good if they'd made reference to Sheldon being punched by Bill Gates. At first I thought that was going to be the time Leonard was talking about, when he met him before, but I don't think it was. So that was a definite mistake missing that out.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed the episode. Bill Gates was great how he offered Leonard a tissue
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread