Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2017, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I liked the episode a lot, but Howard is bothering me a lot. He treats Raj like crap, Raj finally stands up for himself, and that makes him the bad guy?
Yeah, Howard really bugged me these past two episodes. I hope his almost losing Raj makes him treat him a bit better, but it's hard to say. The main thing for me was that he really did not say thank you to Raj for getting Halley's party together, and saying that Halley wouldn't care because she doesn't know who Raj is anyway (she might not, but that's a pretty rude thing to say). I mean, with Howard freaking out a few episodes ago about how to be a good father, this was kind of a big step down for him - Raj pulled him out of this mess, but he didn't really recognize that.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I liked the episode a lot, but Howard is bothering me a lot. He treats Raj like crap, Raj finally stands up for himself, and that makes him the bad guy?
I agree, Howard didn't show any signs of thoughts about Raj's reaction and feelings, he stayed in a very childish attitude. He didn't show any signs of good fatherhood either.

ed: oops, I didn't see your post Brit. Exactly my thoughts, much better said
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

I liked all the relationships in this one. Good to see Raj learning how to stand up to Howard, and I liked the moment Howard admitted he was being so awful because Raj was his best friend and he hurt his feelings. Aw. Very fitting it happened in the bouncy castle (sorry, these things will always be bouncy castles to me) - it shows how our feelings can be very childlike (or childish) with good friends sometimes. Certainly that applies to Howard and Raj, and to me the whole storyline just shows how close they are.

Shamy was fun - Amy's excited squeals when she came in were the highlight!

I liked Leonard and Penny examining their lives. They're happy and yet Leonard was questioning their achievements. It reminds me a bit of the discussions around social media, and how people sometimes feel pressured to make their lives appear impressive, to put on a show for others. Good for Penny being down-to-earth and knowing what's important. That said, it's not a bad thing that they think about what they want to do and accomplish - interesting to see where this goes.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:59 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
Amy's excited squeals when she came in were the highlight!
I loved that too.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

Will & Grace once made up in a Bouncy Castle

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
I agree, Howard didn't show any signs of thoughts about Raj's reaction and feelings, he stayed in a very childish attitude.
Yep.

"You treat me like crap so I don't want to hang out with you."
"Why are you being like this you're hurting my feelings."

Shut up, Howard.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
I agree, Howard didn't show any signs of thoughts about Raj's reaction and feelings, he stayed in a very childish attitude. He didn't show any signs of good fatherhood either.

ed: oops, I didn't see your post Brit. Exactly my thoughts, much better said
Yeah this episode made me think less of both Raj & Howard.

Raj for not realizing that the jabs he's taken from Howard are no different then the jabs he's dished out to him and his friends through out the years. The fact that he made up with Howard that easily shows he didn't truly think Howard was responsible for his confidence issues, he was just looking for a scape goat that allowed him to look for blame on anyone but himself.

And Howard for saying the only reason he made amends with Raj was because he couldn't organize Halley's birthday. It'd be on thing if he later on admitted he lied and just used that as an excuse to get Raj over there to make amends. But that's not what happened.

So now this storyline made both out to be shallow. Yes I know friends some times fight for the shallowest of reasons and make up easily, but this territory with Raj and how he looks for reasons why his life is unsatisfactory is worn out at this point. Next time he whines about his love life when he screws it up (and I'm talking Emily/Claire level stuff, not with the girl he saw this season), I want his friends to not treat him with kid gloves, and tell him it's his own damn fault.
meka3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

De-topping.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Enjoyed this episode.

How cute is Sheldon for going to such trouble for Amy's birthday, making it Little House on the Prairie themed, her favourite film. Though the food was probably a bad idea. Being sick is not fun. Especially food poisoning!

Howard also bothered me this episode. Inviting Raj to Halley's birthday party just to get him to organise it overnight? Bless Raj for doing it for Halley. In the last episode, I did feel like Raj was a little over the top when not speaking to Howard and blaming him for almost everything in his life. So, to be fair, I can see both sides of the argument, and I'm glad they both let it out at the end in the bouncy castle...but I kinda wanted a more serious scene between them than them seeming to make up over having fun on the bouncy castle...

Loved seeing Leonard and Penny talk about their future, I hope they do at least go on that day trip. It was nice to see them address the issue of their recent achievements, as I had also felt that as a couple, they were kinda left in the sidelines since being married.
Reply   Post New Thread