Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2017, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)

As for LP being in trouble... I was actually thinking that their scenes showed how solid their relationship is. Like Nicole said, they kept smirking at each other. They're able to joke about that stuff because they know it's not true or doesn't matter.
Agreed - it's like the episode with the con she went to.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:12 AM
Master Fan

I guess JR didn't know what to say about the episode, I totally agree with Roxanne, they're strong together

The episode was good, beside the old "bashing Penny" from Sheldon. But not original except Howard, Bernadette and Stuart plot (obviously). Sheldon acting like a jerk with his supposed friend and being punished like a little boy, the golddinger, nothing new there.
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:00 AM
Master Fan

That one was so fun I watched it twice already! All the FWF and Shamy stuff. The gang together at 4A. Howard + Stuart at the daycare place. All good. Oh, and Penny's reactions to the dumb things Bert's girlfriend came out with. Oh, oh - and Sheldon's physics jokes.

Bernadette has a really strong, interesting storyline continuing here.

Bert is always good value, but it's a shame he's decided to go back to that woman. I thought this episode was going to be more about Raj from the promo, but hopefully we'll get more for him later.

Didn't read the article, but sounds like it's a case that she had to write something, stir up some sort of reaction. Surely no one could seriously think there was any hint of 'separation' or trouble for L/P from this episode. I think a lot of the episodes recently have been good but not the kind that make you want to analyze and pull them apart. Both Lenny and Shamy are going along nice and steadily at the moment.

Side note - can't believe Sheldon has a geologist top of the list to join their friendship group if anyone drops out. Getting over his prejudices - well done Sheldon!
Old 04-14-2017, 02:23 AM
Master Fan

This episode won't make it into my Top 10 for this season, but I had to laugh quite a few times. Leonard and Penny are solid. Team Hofstadter is not in danger.

Leonard: "Am I like the dryer sheets of your heart?"
Penny: "Better. You’re the lint trap of my love."
~Martin~
*luminous* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:53 AM
Master Fan

Funny episode

And the Howardette/Stuart scenes were all so sweet

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
Didn't read the article, but sounds like it's a case that she had to write something, stir up some sort of reaction. Surely no one could seriously think there was any hint of 'separation' or trouble for L/P from this episode. I think a lot of the episodes recently have been good but not the kind that make you want to analyze and pull them apart. Both Lenny and Shamy are going along nice and steadily at the moment.
I guess my biggest issue with Jessica's observations is her putting Lenny right up next to a straw man. She claims that shamy are ahead of Lenny in terms of honesty & communication, but ignores all the times this season that sheldon and Amy couldn't be honest with each other and had communication issues:

-Amy couldn't tell Sheldon that her apartment was fixed and could have gone back.

-wasnt honest with Sheldon when his attempts to woo her were working.

-Amy went to wizard world without telling him.

-Amy told Sheldon's mom that they had moved in together without telling him, because she didn't have faith in him to handle it well.

-Amy spiked Sheldon's drink so he'd fall asleep and getting him downstairs would be easier.

-Sheldon told people about he and Amy's sex life when he shouldn't have.

-Sheldon had a driver's license for 2 years and didn't tell Amy but still had her drive him places, when he could've possibly drove himself.

Granted some of these are worse than others, and not all of them reflect badly on Shamy, they're mostly just observations. I just wish some like Jessica would take those same critical observations on Lenny and apply them to Shamy with the same standards, instead of taking every word that the characters say (like Sheldon's "We're honest to a fault" about his "honesty" with Amy) as 100% gospel truth.

Last edited by meka3000; 04-22-2017 at 07:02 PM
meka3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:17 AM
Supreme Fan

Solid episode! I liked all of the plots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meka3000 (View Post)
I guess my biggest issue with Jessica's observations is her putting Lenny right up next to a straw man. She claims that shamy are further ahead of Lenny in terms of communication, but ignores all the times this season that sheldon and Amy couldn't be honest with each other:

-Amy couldn't tell Sheldon that her apartment was fixed and could have gone back.

-Amy told Sheldon's mom that they had moved in together without telling him, because she didn't have faith in him to handle it well.

-Sheldon had a driver's license for 2 years and didn't tell Amy but still had her drive him places, when he could've possivly drove himself.

Granted some of these are worse than others, and not all of them reflect badly on Shamy, they're mostly just observations. I just wish some like Jessica would take those same critical observations on Lenny and apply them to Shamy with the same standards, instead of taking every word that the characters say as 100% gospel truth.
You make some valid points. To be fair, I don't really care that much about Jessica Radloff's observations. I wonder if she just wanted to come up with something or if she actually believes that.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by meka3000 (View Post)
I guess my biggest issue with Jessica's observations is her putting Lenny right up next to a straw man. She claims that shamy are further ahead of Lenny in terms of communication, but ignores all the times this season that sheldon and Amy couldn't be honest with each other:

-Sheldon had a driver's license for 2 years and didn't tell Amy but still had her drive him places, when he could've possivly drove himself.

Granted some of these are worse than others, and not all of them reflect badly on Shamy, they're mostly just observations. I just wish some like Jessica would take those same critical observations on Lenny and apply them to Shamy with the same standards, instead of taking every word that the characters say as 100% gospel truth.
I agree with everything. She's too much partial in her way to watch the show IMO, nothing new here.
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

When you list it all out like that, it does look worrisome. Also very unShamy like to have that much deceiving or lying. I could even argue their communication was better before the breakup.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
When you list it all out like that, it does look worrisome. Also very unShamy like to have that much deceiving or lying. I could even argue their communication was better before the breakup.
you mean when Amy told Sheldon she wasn't sick anymore?

Do we really try to argue here that Shamy is in trouble because Jessica has some problems with some Lenny scenes? I think, no TBBT couple is in danger....

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 04:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
Solid episode! I liked all of the plots.

You make some valid points. To be fair, I don't really care that much about Jessica Radloff's observations. I wonder if she just wanted to come up with something or if she actually believes that.
I think it's more the later because she was all apologetic/worrisome about painting Lenny in a negative light in her tweets. That and she's said specific things to this affect in past articles.

My opinion (which I could totally be wrong about), is that because Lenny's not clicking for her, she's doing heavy speculation about why that is, while not being sure about it herself. And after awhile the speculation takes on a life of its own and starts to get mistaken as fact. She's not the only one guilty of this to be fair, there have been Lenny's that have turned on them at the other forum because they feel TPTB have betrayed the characters.

Me, I'm not looking for them to represent a typical happy married couple who's only purpose is to give fans warm fuzzies all the time. I'm looking for their characters to be who they are as people FIRST. Which is represented by their history and where they are at, at this point in their lives, individually AND as a couple. And that includes Leonard and Penny's positive qualities, and the things that can make them unlikeable at times as well. Warts and all I've liked what I've seen from Leonard and Penny. But some people may not be fond of the warts that have been seen on those two characters, to each their own I guess.

And on one more note, and I can't stress this enough. I think some allowances should be made for characters who say or do mean things to each other ON A SITCOM. Sure there are some times where this becomes a YMMV issue, but if we're going to take it personally when other characters take shots at OUR SHIP as a LENNY OR SHAMY, but don't​ get offended at Howardette roasting Raj and his relationship issues, maybe we should stop to do some deep soul searching and ask ourselves why that is?

Last edited by meka3000; 04-14-2017 at 06:37 PM
meka3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

De-topping, but y'all know the drill, keep discussing as you wish!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

It started funny with Fun with Flags Loved the song from Howard and Raj Well done
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread