Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2017, 03:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Episode 10.17: The Comic Con Conundrum (2/23/17)

With Koothrappali cut off from his father's fortune, he appoints Sheldon to help him get out of debt. Also, Penny considers joining Leonard at Comic-Con, on The Big Bang Theory,

Last edited by Captain Riterra Smith; 02-23-2017 at 04:30 PM
Captain Riterra Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for opening - that episodes sounds interesting

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Excited for this one!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:33 PM
Master Fan

Really great episode. Loved all the mini storylines and how they all connected in the end.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wow. End of an era. I hope even though most of our boys don't feel they must be at SDCC they don't lose their geeky passion for what they love.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

*The Big Bang Theory* Season 10 Episode 17 Recap: "The Comic-Con Conundrum" Should Be Watched By Every Married Couple | Glamour

Here's Jessica's latest word on this episode.

On the one hand I agree with Penny going against the spirit of the relationship agreement. Though not exactly the letter.

"If questioned, Penny may not say that everything is fine if it isn’t. Other unacceptable responses include: “It’s nothing,” “Don’t worry about that,” and “I said it’s nothing, don’t worry about that.”

Though I didn't mind it as much, if only because she was willing to spend time doing something with Leonard, even if she might not like it.

On the other hand "On the flip side, there's Sheldon and Amy, who are so brutally honest that he's not afraid to tell her that what she considers a beauty mark is actually a mole with a large hair growing out of it. A little too TMI? Sure, but why do I feel like these two have grown leap years ahead of their married counterparts? You know they're majorly succeeding when even Amy doesn't want to go Comic-Con alone with Sheldon and isn't afraid to tell him. (Pay attention, Penny.)"

Me thinks she forgot last week where sheldon kept a secret from Amy that he got his drivers license and didn't tell her for two years. Or how Amy was hiding from Sheldon that she was turned on by his antics from The Brain Bowl Incubation.

Truth is both Lenny & Shamy succeed at telling each other the truth in specific areas, though not in all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
Wow. End of an era. I hope even though most of our boys don't feel they must be at SDCC they don't lose their geeky passion for what they love.
When Sheldon said "Forget that I'm going to Comic Con." I was like "Atta boy!"

Last edited by meka3000; 02-23-2017 at 08:34 PM
meka3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

Honesty seems to be the critical part of relationships on this show. Even when Sheldon and Amy disagree, or they don't understand one another, they at least know that they are being authentic. Knowing you can trust your partner will get you over roadblocks while covering your intentions will just leave them in your way.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:19 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread!
Enjoyed the episode and liked the way the whole 'who's going to Comic Con?' saga was resolved at the end. Good for Raj, too.

Enjoyed all my Shamy scenes, and loved hearing the audience go wild at the tag. But can't believe they put it in the promo! Still, it played even better in full.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:53 AM
Master Fan

I enjoyed episode.

It's sweet that Lenny wants to make each other happy but they really have to work on their communication.

And wow, Raj is making progress, it was very mature from him, not to accept the money for babysitting Halley.

That tag

~Susanne ~

Last edited by smoguntia; 02-24-2017 at 05:45 AM
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:11 AM
Supreme Fan

Loved the episode. As much as I don't want Sheldon to interfer in everyone else's lives, I think it was really smart that Raj gave him permission to handle his money. One less thing to worry about for Raj.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
Loved the episode. As much as I don't want Sheldon to interfer in everyone else's lives, I think it was really smart that Raj gave him permission to handle his money. One less thing to worry about for Raj.
Yeah, I think Raj will benefit from Sheldon's tough love approach for awhile.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:35 AM
Master Fan

I also enjoyed Penny + Amy's scene in the car, seeing Raj outside the Comic Book Store.

And yay for a revival and a twist to the 'my mother had me tested' joke. Made me so happy - haven't had that one in ages.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

I really love this episode. I had to laugh a lot. I particularly loved Leonard and Penny's interaction.

But there was one thing, that made me kinda uncomfortable after I thought about it.

It was this line by Penny: "Well, it's no different than when Sheldon used to climb in bed with us during a thunderstorm."

I get what the writers wanted to tell us. Sheldon is like Leonard and Penny's child or dog and seeks shelter when it is frightened of something. But climbing into the same bed with Leonard and Penny? Seriously? The conception alone is so cringe-worthy and creepy that it shudders me. There were other jokes before about Sheldon as Leonard and Penny's child or dog (Sheldon left in the car, with Penny forgetting to crack the window open e.g.), but this is just creepy and goes too far IMO.

I hope Penny just made a joke and this has not really happened.
*luminous* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 01:37 PM
Supreme Fan

I didn't have any problem with that particular line. I just don't think there was anything weird about it. Just like how he's scared of fireworks and runs over to sleep at Penny's place because he had a nightmare. It all comes down to that parenting thing between them, which I'm absolutely in love with, but I know most people despise it.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
I didn't have any problem with that particular line. I just don't think there was anything weird about it. Just like how he's scared of fireworks and runs over to sleep at Penny's place because he had a nightmare. It all comes down to that parenting thing between them, which I'm absolutely in love with, but I know most people despise it.
Sleeping at someone's place is different than climbing into a bed with someone. Again I get what the writers wanted to say, but a man nearing the age of forty, who climbs into the bed of his friend and his friend's wife, because he's afraid of a thunderstorm, is creepy and weird for me. That's JMO...YMMV.

BTW...I don't despise the parenting thing between them, but I'm certainly not a fan either.

Edit:
After further thinking about Penny's thunderstorm line, I come to the conclusion that she just made a joke. I think it was a one-off punchline. A throwaway gag. Not really worth to dwell on.

Last edited by *luminous*; 02-26-2017 at 01:01 AM
*luminous* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread