Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2017, 01:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Only if it's yuge.
that's a good idea to keep him busy
~Laurence~
Old 02-02-2017, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
that's a good idea to keep him busy
Yep, because he's gonna build the bamboo wall that we want. He's gonna pay for it too. It's a bigly idea.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Alright I'm gonna need you all to be good children this weekend because I'm about to take off for Flint to spend the night with my former roommate (it's her birthday) and then tomorrow we're headed to Chicago for the weekend for her bachelorette party and so I probably will not be posting all that much. However if you're interested in Hamilton and want as it happens deets on the trip, keep up with my Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. (If you have me on IG or just know my last name for whatever other reason my snapchat name is first name last name no caps no spaces no underscores.)

Old 02-03-2017, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

Have fun Nicole!

~Susanne ~
Old 02-03-2017, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

Cool! Have fun Nicole!
Old 02-03-2017, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Fan

Have fun Nicole!

OMG, YOU'RE GONNA SEE HAMILTON SOON, I AM SO ENVIOUS LIKE
Old 02-03-2017, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

Have fun Nicole!
and congrats to your friend
~Laurence~
Old 02-03-2017, 04:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Have fun Nicole! You're seeing Hamilton?!?!?! Jealous to the nth degree! The soundtrack has been in my head for months!
Old 02-03-2017, 11:41 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU'RE SEEING IT TOMORROW! I'll need every detail, but of course you already know that.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 02-04-2017, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's 6:30 am and we're in the car. The others have been awake since 5:15, I didn't actually fall asleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU'RE SEEING IT TOMORROW! I'll need every detail, but of course you already know that.
Well of course!

Old 02-04-2017, 02:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

My goodness it's quiet on this board today...
Old 02-04-2017, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)
My goodness it's quiet on this board today...
It looks like everybody is AFK
~Laurence~
Old 02-05-2017, 04:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Schuyler Sisters singing America the Beautiful! "And sisterhood!" Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

GO FALCONS!
Old 02-05-2017, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
It looks like everybody is AFK
I apologize for being AFK so much lately. Not making my contribution to our post count. Been really busy with the start of the semester. Good news is I've got an on-campus job - it'll be just a few hours a week, but hoping to get another.

Nicole - that's amazing you got to see Hamilton!
Old 02-05-2017, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
The Schuyler Sisters singing America the Beautiful! "And sisterhood!" Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

GO FALCONS!
I screamed. And yes, I'm rooting for the Falcons because 1. my family has all always hated the Patriots but 2. that team is chock full of Cheeto Hitler Supporters.

OKAY so I'm going to put my Hamilton stuff in bullet points so it's easy to know how far to scroll if you're not into it. (Roxanne I think everything I say here I already told you but you might read something different because I don't remember what I told who. )
  • We had the Eliza, Burr, King George, and Philip Schuyler/James Reynolds understudies.
  • Miguel Cervantes' voice is, IMO, way better than Lin's. Hurricane was absolutely BEAUTIFUL.
  • Our Eliza absolutely killed it. She was a bit angrier than Phillipa Soo's Eliza overall, but it was a great contrast when she had her flirty/vulnerable moments (she was extremely flirty during Helpless and I loved it.)
  • Washington's voice is like, I want to have a baby with it. One Last Time was so freaking pretty.
  • Laurens/Philip Hamilton was SO close to Anthony Ramos' version of the character but not in a "the guy can't make it his own" way, just in a voice and general mannerisms way.
  • Daveed Diggs has a better (IMO) French accent than the Chicago Lafayette/Jefferson, but I honestly prefer the character the way that Chris did it (I saw Daveed on the bootleg so in that way I've 'seen' both). Chris did a great job of making it his own while keeping the basic character/mannerisms that Daveed created.
  • The men did a harmony in The Story of Tonight that was absolutely GORGEOUS ("I remember that note, I just might remember that note for the rest of my daaaaays...")
  • Mulligan/Madison was probably the weak link of the cast IF I had to pick one. He was very good.
  • "Farmer Refuted" bores the crap out of me when I listen to the soundtrack (and I didn't even really care for it watching the bootleg) but it was SO entertaining to watch.
  • The Burr we had was very tall, broad shouldered, had a very deep voice (you could believe he was descended from a fire and brimstone preacher that's FOR SURE) and overall, he was an angrier Burr than Leslie. It was harder to relate to/feel bad for him throughout the show, but by the end, when he's singing about how he paid for what he did and how he's become the villian, the sharp contrast from angry!Burr to broken!Burr really gave emotional whiplash in a good way, so I can't say his version of Burr was weaker than the original at all. He was actually the favorite of several people in our party.
  • Okay now, if they told me "you pick your cast, you have all the understudies except one," I'd have picked Karen Olivo as the one regular to see. From the instant the casting was announced I was so excited that she was the Angelica that I'd see, and for the 227 days that passed between me getting the ticket to the show and actually going, I just hoped and hoped and hoped that she would be on the performance we went to. I was like "if I miss out on seeing Karen Olivo sing Satisfied I will be disappointed for as long as I live." Thankfully, she was on, and ho-ly cra-a-ap she killed it. Her Angelica is much angstier than Renee's. During Satisfied, at "at least my dear Eliza's his wife. At least I keep his eyes in my life." Angelica started crying and had the most painful expression on her face, and I legit started crying - Satisfied is one of my favorite songs in the soundtrack but I'd never come close to crying from it, but that was my first time needing tissues and I honestly cannot stop thinking about it over 24 hours later. She just absolutely broke my heart in those few seconds. The whole show blew me away beyond my expectations, but her performing Satisfied was the thing I was most looking forward to and I was so not prepared for how she did it. Then at the end, these riffs she does, oh my g-o-o-o-o-d I didn't think anyone could out perform Renee in that song but IMO Karen did it and she did it easily.
  • Miguel (Hamilton) is very short and both Aubin (Eliza) and Carl (Burr) absolutely towered over him. Which was amusing to me.

I got home just in time to watch the original Schuyler Sisters sing at the Super Bowl (soooo pretty) and now I'm back in my room with Eliza (the cat obviously, not the character/historical figure) who my mom said followed her around all weekend when I was gone, but is now back to following me. This cat is so needy.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread