Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2017, 02:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I went to a protest of Trump's executive order against Muslim immigrants today, at the Detroit Metro Airport. It was organized in less than 24 hours and had an AMAZING turnout.
Despite all is that happening, I find really comforting to see American citizens like you fighting for what they believe, and for their idea of what is the United States of America. I don't know where all of this will go, but it's interesting and also a great opportunity for everybody to think about what are the real values of your country, and where you all come from.
~Laurence~
Old 01-30-2017, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
It really has been great to see people rally together this weekend - and all those lawyers who volunteered their time to try to help.
Those lawyers are heroes.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Was something going on the past 24 odd hours that I don't know about because this whole site has been dead.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

Interesting...that is weird. I had my day off so I just never post on that day.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
Interesting...that is weird. I had my day off so I just never post on that day.
I don't know about the rest of but both my boards went over 24 hours without a post and that almost never happens on Scorpion much less here.

Old 01-31-2017, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't know about the rest of but both my boards went over 24 hours without a post and that almost never happens on Scorpion much less here.
Maybe we all needed to adjust emotionally after the shocking news of the week end. Even overseas it's difficult to understand what's going on in the USA.
Yesterday I bought my flight tickets to go to NYC and LA in March, and it felt weird. But it's something I've planned for a long time now and I can't delayed it anymore.
~Laurence~
Old 01-31-2017, 01:45 PM
Elite Fan

^Very true. I'm getting Trump overload. Like, I follow Entertainment Weekly on Facebook and even that is mostly "So and So had THIS to say about Trump!"

Which don't get me wrong, this is important stuff, but I overload easily and need breaks from reality.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
Maybe we all needed to adjust emotionally after the shocking news of the week end. Even overseas it's difficult to understand what's going on in the USA.
It is, and at first I tought I could bury my head in the sand and ignore the next years but I soon realized that it won't work and that ignoring the problems is exactly the wrong thing to do right now.

But it's also like Rae said, the whole news overload is exhausting and I constantly tell myself, don't read twitter so much, it just upsets you but then I still spend half of the day on twitter... So sometimes I just need to close the internet and do other things.

~Susanne ~
Old 01-31-2017, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
Yesterday I bought my flight tickets to go to NYC and LA in March, and it felt weird. But it's something I've planned for a long time now and I can't delayed it anymore.
Yeah, I feel that. I tend to jump more into fandom stuff when I'm stressed out about real world stuff, but I know a lot of people just disconnect from the internet in general.

Old 01-31-2017, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

Sometimes I wished Germany wouldn't have send his grandfather back to the US in 1905. Trumps grandfather Friedrich Trump wanted to return to Germany because his wife was homesick but the german authorities didn't let him in

Quote:
Soon after the family returned, Bavarian authorities determined that Trump had emigrated from Germany to avoid his military-service obligations, and he was classified as a draft dodger. 1904 the Department of Interior announced an investigation to expel Trump from the country. Officially, they found that he had violated the Resolution of the Royal Ministry of the Interior number 9916, a 1886 law that punished emigration to North America to avoid military service with the loss of German citizenship. For several months, Trump petitioned the government to allow him to stay but he was unsuccessful.
(sounds like history is repeating itself...)

btw Fun Fact: the maiden name of Trumps grandmother is the same maiden name my grandmother had. "Christ" is a very common name here in Germany but my mother jokingly said she would ask her cousin who is into ancestry research if he would find some ties. I told her, perhaps it's better not to open that box in the end we will get a result we won't like...

~Susanne ~
Old 01-31-2017, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

Wow!
Old 01-31-2017, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We had so many chances for him to just not happen.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
We had so many chances for him to just not happen.
We must be living in the wrong alternate universe. That's all I got.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
We must be living in the wrong alternate universe. That's all I got.
I was that Fringe was still around just to see what happened in their alternate universe.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 02-01-2017, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

^Or, since the Flash is currently on air, we're on the wrong Earth.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread