Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2016, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
Nicole, I forget, are you out of school? What were you doing in Kentucky (I can't believe I didn't realize that's where you were! ) Has it been crazy there?
I finished school in May 2015. I moved to Kentucky almost a year ago. And yes, it's crazy. It's nuts. I never thought seeing the KKK would be a regular part of my life but let me tell you it has been since the election. Swastikas everywhere too.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

That is so sad. I have a friend living in Kentucky who's an immigrant from Spain...I'm worried about her now...
Old 11-19-2016, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
That is so sad. I have a friend living in Kentucky who's an immigrant from Spain...I'm worried about her now...
A guy tried to grab my ass in a store the other day while saying "get used to it, this is Trump's America." I whirled around and shouted DO YOU WANT TO LOSE THAT HAND? and he was startled, jumped backward, and knocked over a display which then got him in trouble with the store employees as I walked away.

Old 11-19-2016, 12:06 PM
Master Fan

I'm sorry you don't feel safe and have to leave Nicole. It's good to have your family to get back
~Laurence~
Old 11-19-2016, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm a little nervous about going to North Carolina for Christmas. I'm relatively sure I'll be safe enough - I'll be with my brother pretty much the whole time. But it's still unnerving not knowing what I might run into. I grew up - at least part of the time - in the South in the 60s, so it's not like I haven't run into this sort of thing before, but I figured I'd seen the last of it a long time ago.

~Heidi
Old 11-19-2016, 03:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
A guy tried to grab my ass in a store the other day while saying "get used to it, this is Trump's America." I whirled around and shouted DO YOU WANT TO LOSE THAT HAND? and he was startled, jumped backward, and knocked over a display which then got him in trouble with the store employees as I walked away.
That's awful!

Glad he got scared by your response and got into trouble!
Old 11-19-2016, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

That doesn't sound good at all. I hope it won't get worse and people will all calm down

~Susanne ~
Old 11-19-2016, 05:05 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
That doesn't sound good at all. I hope it won't get worse and people will all calm down
I have a hard time believing they will...

~~~

This is pretty awesome though. I don't think their lovely words will have any effects on Pence but still, they're such class acts!

Old 11-19-2016, 05:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Ugh. I just can not bring myself to accept that such behavior is bound to become more common, nor that it will go unpunished.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I LIVED for that last night. And I enjoyed his response when Trump tweeted that they were rude and harassed Pence - tweeting back "conversation is not harassment, sir."

Edit: yeah that's why I'm so scared. That, the Klan being out, the swastikas, it's just terrifying.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

It's so strange - and scary - to hear about the kinds of things going on in the south. I've heard of some incidents that have happened since the election around where I am, but I haven't seen/experienced anything myself.

Quote:
I've heard a lot of good things about the story itself. I know there's been some backlash against the only people of color in it being monsters or villians, but there's four more movies on the way, right? They can bring in some protagonists of color in those.
I have no idea where that backlash is coming from. The actual issue is that nearly the entire cast is white. The president of the Magical Congress of the United States is a woman of color, which is awesome, but sadly she's not actually in the movie very much.

You could say she acts as an antagonist in the movie, but in no way is she a monster or villain or anything like that. And the actual villains are all white. (Which isn't giving anything away, because like I said, the whole cast other than her is white.)

Also, on a Gilmore Girls note - yesterday I went to the Gilmore Girls "Festival of Four Seasons" they had set up on UCLA's campus. It was like a mini Star's Hollow town square, with a gazebo, and various booths (Luke's Diner gave out coffee, Kim's Antiques had props on display, Taylor's Soda Shoppe gave out candy). A few cast members were there throughout the day, and I got a picture with Yanic Truesdale (Michel)!
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr

Last edited by ennaxor; 11-20-2016 at 08:45 PM
Old 11-20-2016, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Hey, guys!
TFTNT! Sorry I haven't been around so much lately - so much work and stuff right now.

Nicole - I can't believe that! I'm so sorry you encountered that idiot (politest term I can use here) at work, and as for seeing the KKK and swastikas... I'm shocked. I had no idea. Extremely scary. Sorry you're having to move, but hope you will be happy back with your family for a while and in whatever job you do next.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
Also, on a Gilmore Girls note - yesterday I went to the Gilmore Girls "Festival of Four Seasons" they had set up on UCLA's campus. It was like a mini Star's Hollow town square, with a gazebo, and various booths (Luke's Diner gave out coffee, Kim's Antiques had props on display, Taylor's Soda Shoppe gave out candy). A few cast members were there throughout the day, and I got a picture with Yanic Truesdale (Michel)!
Oh that sounds like a great event. And yay for Yanic Truesdale. It seems that guy doesn't age

I have finished my rewatch and I'm ready for the revival But I'm planing to NOT watch them all at once, it would be over too fast. I hope I can avoid all the spoilers

~Susanne ~
Old 11-22-2016, 08:24 AM
Fez
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
Oh that sounds like a great event. And yay for Yanic Truesdale. It seems that guy doesn't age

I have finished my rewatch and I'm ready for the revival But I'm planing to NOT watch them all at once, it would be over too fast. I hope I can avoid all the spoilers
Same here! I finished watching the episodes on Sunday and now I'm in super-duper GG fangirl mode and I really want to watch all 4 in a row but then I think that I'll be disappointed rushing through all four of them at once. And since I already tapped in more spoiler traps than I intentionally wanted I'm afraid I might get spoiled if I surf the net Friday night instead.

Might go and watch the 96 vs Fortuna soccer game Friday night, but we'll see.

"The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.".
~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD
Old 11-22-2016, 11:04 AM
Elite Fan

I feel like I'm missing out on a fundamental fandom...I've never seen Gilmore Girls.

(Well, I've seen episodes here and there, but not anything close to a season)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread