Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2016, 08:46 AM
Elite Fan

I've been avoiding most of the spoilers somehow. I think it's because I haven't really been using twitter or tumblr. And there hasn't been much on my fb feed either.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I get to see so little of it (no cable, work 3-11 6 days a week) that I don't really worry about finding things out ahead of time.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

the spoilers don't bother me like the used to. Although I do feel that it's better watching without knowing.

And i can't believe how late some of these events have been taking place. Like the Beach Volleyball STARTING at midnight.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)

And i can't believe how late some of these events have been taking place. Like the Beach Volleyball STARTING at midnight.
I know! I do like that because I could watch when I got home from work though. And I did read that at least the American teams, they were saying that they actually really love the midnight games. Which is weird to me but hey you guys are the ones competing.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:04 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
I've been avoiding most of the spoilers somehow. I think it's because I haven't really been using twitter or tumblr. And there hasn't been much on my fb feed either.
Yeah, I was seeing lots on both twitter and facebook.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 08-19-2016, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

I got spoiled on the gymnastics mostly, but I was more interested in the swimming anyway.

And I will say that even though I'm not much on the track and field, I've been interested in watching Usaine Bolt. They cover so much about him, i forget he's not American sometimes. I loved that look between him and the Canadian (I can't remember his name ) when they crossed the finish line at the 200 M semifinal.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:01 PM
Master Fan

People here have to watch EVERYTHING live. Since the olympics started I'm reading complaints over complaints on german boards that our TV isn't showing enough live events And if they are show something live, it's the wrong competition

We only have one station that is showing the Olympics but they offer streams online about nearly every event, but people prefer to watch it on their TV screen.

~Susanne ~
Old 08-19-2016, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

Wow! Yeah no...except when the Olympics are in places relatively close to our own time zones, we just watch the highlights. There are several different channels that are showing it though (all owned by NBC, the parent company for all those channels) but the main event stuff is shown at night.

ETA: By "highlights" I just mean the specific events that most Americans are interested in. But also, like for Gymnastics, we don't see all the Non-American gymnasts go, just the few good ones who might be winning medals, etc.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

I haven't been really keeping up with the Olympics aside from the recent gymnastics amd swimming news.

On another note, one of my favorite hosts from one of my favorite YouTube channels is leaving next week and I feel sad about it . The channel's also 7k subscribers away from hitting a million so we're eagerly waiting for that milestone in the channel's history. Just wanted to say some stuff.
This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace. - Adventure Time

~Sania~
Old 08-20-2016, 10:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverofallnerdythings394 (View Post)
I haven't been really keeping up with the Olympics aside from the recent gymnastics amd swimming news.

On another note, one of my favorite hosts from one of my favorite YouTube channels is leaving next week and I feel sad about it . The channel's also 7k subscribers away from hitting a million so we're eagerly waiting for that milestone in the channel's history. Just wanted to say some stuff.
N'aww that's too bad It always sucks whenever someone you like suddenly leaves a show or a project.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm in the middle of training more folks at work. And I'm just so worn down. Starting a new trainee every say is just so much of me repeating myself...then they usually quit anyway so turns out I wasted my time. I'm so over it.

Old 08-20-2016, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
People here have to watch EVERYTHING live. Since the olympics started I'm reading complaints over complaints on german boards that our TV isn't showing enough live events And if they are show something live, it's the wrong competition

We only have one station that is showing the Olympics but they offer streams online about nearly every event, but people prefer to watch it on their TV screen.
Same in Britain. I don't really understand the concept of non-live sports events. Same with awards ceremonies. I can only guess that in the US they're used to not having things live because of the different time zones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I'm in the middle of training more folks at work. And I'm just so worn down. Starting a new trainee every say is just so much of me repeating myself...then they usually quit anyway so turns out I wasted my time. I'm so over it.
Bummer. Well, so long as you're still getting paid.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

So I tried making homemade fried chicken today and it was a failure ...All because I can't control the exact temperature of my stove and the oil ended up being too hot even if I turned it to minimum heat.

Guess I'll just stick to Shake n' Bake and KFC
Old 08-21-2016, 02:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)
So I tried making homemade fried chicken today and it was a failure ...All because I can't control the exact temperature of my stove and the oil ended up being too hot even if I turned it to minimum heat.

Guess I'll just stick to Shake n' Bake and KFC
Aww, that's too bad Jane. Don't give up and try it until you perfect making stuff. Also, invest in a good oven thermometer.
This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace. - Adventure Time

~Sania~
Old 08-21-2016, 08:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

Also there are fryers that have a light to tell you when the correct temperature has been reached. It's worth it if you love fried food as much as me. Chicken, onion rings, fries, sea food, mozzarella sticks.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread