Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2016, 11:50 AM
Fez
Elite Fan

I don't want any trouble over that pic so I took it down.

"The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.".
~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD
Old 06-25-2016, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Rae!

I read a few of the posts about Trump and they are definitely...inventive.

~Heidi
Old 06-25-2016, 12:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fez (View Post)
I don't want any trouble over that pic so I took it down.
No worries. I know in the UK it's not that bad of a word, at least not as bad as here. Here it's perceived as probably one of the worst things to call someone.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the congrats, Rae!

I know most of you don't watch Scorpion but my Hamilton friends might like the answer I gave to an a anon last night. Here.

Old 06-25-2016, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Thanks for the congrats, Rae!

I know most of you don't watch Scorpion but my Hamilton friends might like the answer I gave to an a anon last night. Here.
Awesome!!!

And so the balance shifts
Old 06-25-2016, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)
Awesome!!!

And so the balance shifts
Yes. People with guns (muscles) generally have good balance after all.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fez (View Post)
So when I wasn't driving my parents around (we took my father home today) I was binge watching the first three seasons of McLeod's daughters. Good times. I used to watch this show after school. Too bad the show went downhill as the original castmembers left one by one turning "McLeods daughters" to "random people somehow linked to McLeods daughters". I can absolutely recommend the first three seasons (of eight ) though.
Anna Torv was on that! Only for like two episodes though. I only know about it because of random tumblr posts from other Anna fans that've mentioned it.

I don't think I've seen any Australian shows, but I'm considering watching Secret City, since Anna Torv's starring in it.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 06-26-2016, 10:28 AM
Ultimate Fan

So on the TV just now, a news commentator just mentioned how the people who voted in favor of Brexit were overwhelmingly older, white, less educated working-class folks while those who voted remain were overwhelmingly younger, ethnically diverse, better-educated people. He then remarked upon a sort of parallel between that and the current US presidential race...

In a way, it appears Brexit is akin to Trump becoming president I don't know how I didn't think of that sooner given how the subject of immigration played a major role in this
Old 06-26-2016, 11:08 AM
Fez
Elite Fan

This is also why of all people it is Trump, Erdogan and Putin who are happy with the Brexit. It weakens Europe.

Jan Böhmermann, the German satirist who also wrote the Erdogan-shaming poem wrote this on Twitter: "Now that everyone seems to want to leave the EU, Germany probably has to revert to unite Europe in its old-fashioned way."

"The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.".
~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD
Old 06-26-2016, 11:47 AM
Master Fan

But there are also people who say, thanks god we finally got rid of GB because they had a lot of special arrangements and they were blocking many decissions. They hope there will be more consensus with the remaining countries.

~Susanne ~
Old 06-26-2016, 12:10 PM
Elite Fan

^I can believe that. It seems like they were always just halfway in the EU. I still think Brexit is a terrible idea, but it also feels like they wanted to remain their own entity anyways.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:21 PM
Fez
Elite Fan

Yes, the UK always wanted the best of both worlds. All the benefits, but none of the costs.

Okay, so I do have a problem. After three days of binging on "McLeods daughters" (mostly to take my mind of Shamy during the hiatus) I am once more shipping a very dead and sunken ship and writing fix-it fan fiction. I haven't done that in years (last time must've been after Trinity and Neo died in the Matrix franchise) and yes I'm writing in a foreign language and things go slow as a snail. I need help. Thank God I have another day off.

~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD
Old 06-26-2016, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
^I can believe that. It seems like they were always just halfway in the EU. I still think Brexit is a terrible idea, but it also feels like they wanted to remain their own entity anyways.
apparently there were many people who said afterwards, that they voted "Leave" but if they had known "Leave" would win they would have voted "Stay". I don't know if this is true or if that only were people who pretended to have voted for the Brexit, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. It's very popular to teach your government a lesson, but only as much that it only hurts a bit but doesn't cause any damage. Now the protest voters cut in their own flesh. I hope very much that this will teach all those protest voters a lesson. If you want to show your government that you are not happy with them, then only do this in a way you can live with, don't vote extreme parties, find another way to show your protest

~Susanne ~
Old 06-26-2016, 12:30 PM
Elite Fan

I have a couple of friends who happen to be visiting the UK right now. I texted her "Hey so it looks like this Brexit business is going to work in favor of your checkbook!" She said they were happy about that and that it's been interesting to get local's perspectives.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
I have a couple of friends who happen to be visiting the UK right now. I texted her "Hey so it looks like this Brexit business is going to work in favor of your checkbook!" She said they were happy about that and that it's been interesting to get local's perspectives.
Yes I hope for a cheaper prize for my hotel next month too

~Susanne ~
Closed Thread   Post New Thread