Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2016, 03:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
Yes I was was a big Max/Fran Shipper about 10 years ago
Oh wow!

I've never watched The Nanny but the premise sounds pretty interesting so I think I'll check it out when I get the chance
Old 03-21-2016, 10:42 PM
Fez
Elite Fan

10 years ago I was making a slow transition from shipping Luke/Lorelai to shipping House/Cuddy (although I wasn't a full-fledged Huddy shipper till 2007 I think).

It seems like yesterday when Twitter started. I was a freshman at uni methinks.

"The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.".
~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD
Old 03-21-2016, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Luke/Lorelai!

I never really got obsessive with them, but I still adored them and got beyond frustrated with the last couple seasons of Gilmore Girls. I can't wait to see where they're at now in the new Gilmore Girls episodes!
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 03-21-2016, 11:06 PM
Fez
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
Luke/Lorelai!

I never really got obsessive with them, but I still adored them and got beyond frustrated with the last couple seasons of Gilmore Girls. I can't wait to see where they're at now in the new Gilmore Girls episodes!
Me too.

Many Shows I regularly watched have had the curse of an awful last season.

Without ASP Gilmore Girls was not the same. And I think her last cliffhangers also were not helpful at all.

And House M.D. wasn't the same without Cuddy in its last season.

"The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.".
~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD
Old 03-22-2016, 08:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
I see that Twitter is 10 years old today. 'Kay.

What is this whole thing about Batman vs Superman?
Why are they fighting? I thought they were both good guys. I don't get it.
I find it amusing that Batman vs Superman comes out basically a month before Civil War. These superheroes just can't get along.

There has been some setup in Supergirl for the film actually. A lot of people are questioning whether these aliens with super powers are a good thing or bad thing. Obviously I haven't seen the film, but from the previews I gather that there is a lot of fallout over damage done to a city by Superman while he's saving the day. Batman steps in to try to put some boundaries on Superman, and...I guess it goes badly? I'm not sure what part Wonder Woman plays, who's side she's on, etc. But the basic outcome is the start of the Justice League.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Batman vs Superman, Civil War. Don't film makers know when the heroes fight amongst themselves that's when the bad guys win? And what is Batman doing fighting Superman? Supes power is functionally limitless.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

I mean...I can see why people in this fictional world would worry...an alien, capable of amazing feats of strength, who can fly, pick up airplanes, no bullet can penetrate? I'd be worrying about what happens if/when he gets angry too.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
There has been some setup in Supergirl for the film actually. A lot of people are questioning whether these aliens with super powers are a good thing or bad thing.
Is the show actually tying into the movie somehow, or does it just happen to be dealing with some of the same themes? (I watch Supergirl, but know very little about the Batman vs Superman movie.) I thought DC was keeping all their TV shows completely separate from their movies.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

All these superheroes fighting each other just reminds me of that part in Hamilton where Washington yells at Hamilton this war is hard enough without infighting!

Old 03-23-2016, 08:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
Is the show actually tying into the movie somehow, or does it just happen to be dealing with some of the same themes? (I watch Supergirl, but know very little about the Batman vs Superman movie.) I thought DC was keeping all their TV shows completely separate from their movies.
I'm not entirely certain, to be honest. But I think mostly they were referring to the CW shows. Even though the Flash is appearing on this Monday's supergirl, apparently he's from an alternate universe. I think they did that as a way to keep the CW Flash separate from the universe which contains a different Flash. It's kind of interesting that this season of the Flash has dealt with Alternate Universes in which other people besides Barry Allen are the Flash. I don't know if they did that on purpose to have a way of explaining why the cinematic universe is different or what. Anyway, all this rambling of mine comes down to: I don't think Supergirl will ever appear in the DCCU, but I suspect she's related. It just seems too convenient that there is a theme that closely ties in to the movie.

I think a good comparison would be Agents of Shield, which is related and affected by the events of the movies, but which is never seen in the movies themselves.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

I figured that the Flash being from a different universe than Supergirl was to explain why we'd never heard about Supergirl - or more importantly, Superman - in either The Flash or Arrow TV shows before.

And while we've seen that other universes can have other people as the Flash (and we know in Earth Two, Oliver Queen isn't the Arrow), Barry Allen still looks the same, regardless of whether or not he has the powers - and it's still going to be a Barry Allen in the movie(s).

I guess most of what I'd read in the past comparing Marvel's approach of having the shows in the same universe as the movies vs DC keeping them separate was last year before Supergirl was around, I'd just assumed that it was being kept separate as well.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:40 AM
Elite Fan

According to this article, Supergirl is following in the original Superman movies (the ones with Christopher Reeves) and not the new movies. But it's also not in the same universe as the CW shows. So basically it's a complete stand-alone series.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:21 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Since they're now doing the crossover with The Flash, I'd say it's in the same universe - well, using "universe" very broadly - as the CW shows. Even though it takes place in an alternate universe, it's connected enough that there are ways now for one to effect the other through Barry traveling between the two.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

I think I'll have to see the Supergirl episode to really draw my conclusions. I was actually waiting to see if something happened at the end of the Flash to indicate him going to the Supergirl universe, but nada occurred. Too bad.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

Just saw that beautiful tribute from Conan O'Brian to Garry Shandling, it's worth watching
Conan O'Brien: Garry Shandling tribute video posted | EW.com

~Susanne ~
Closed Thread   Post New Thread