Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2014, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
My advice is to get there early. They usually take the first 20 or so standby, sometimes more or sometimes less depending on the amount of VIP folks they have. My friend and I had standby tickets and barely got in. We arrived at 11:30 in the morning and were numbers 15 and 16.
And I think Roxanne has said that you don't get to park in the parking garage where you line up until about three hours before they start letting people in - so a good two plus hours AFTER Rae got there at 11:30. So you'll have to have someone drop you off right at the garage and walk in, or find parking nearby and walk to the line itself.

I don't think they've ever not let any standby in - or if that has happened, it's rare, and probably for a premiere or a finale when the cast member's family are more likely to be there. But when I went, Roxanne and I got there at least 90 minutes before they started letting people in (and it might have been a little earlier than that, I feel like we were there by 3:00) and we were #10 and #11 of the guaranteeds - so 9 people who were guaranteed entry as long as they got there by 5 were there before 3:30. And when we got there there were at least 25 people in the line already, (I counted and don't remember the number but it was at least 25) so at least half of them were standby. If I was standby, personally I'd find a way to be there before 11:00 because I'm a very paranoid individual.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
My advice is to get there early. They usually take the first 20 or so standby, sometimes more or sometimes less depending on the amount of VIP folks they have. My friend and I had standby tickets and barely got in. We arrived at 11:30 in the morning and were numbers 15 and 16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
And I think Roxanne has said that you don't get to park in the parking garage where you line up until about three hours before they start letting people in - so a good two plus hours AFTER Rae got there at 11:30. So you'll have to have someone drop you off right at the garage and walk in, or find parking nearby and walk to the line itself.

I don't think they've ever not let any standby in - or if that has happened, it's rare, and probably for a premiere or a finale when the cast member's family are more likely to be there. But when I went, Roxanne and I got there at least 90 minutes before they started letting people in (and it might have been a little earlier than that, I feel like we were there by 3:00) and we were #10 and #11 of the guaranteeds - so 9 people who were guaranteed entry as long as they got there by 5 were there before 3:30. And when we got there there were at least 25 people in the line already, (I counted and don't remember the number but it was at least 25) so at least half of them were standby. If I was standby, personally I'd find a way to be there before 11:00 because I'm a very paranoid individual.
Thank you very much guys!! That gives me some hope and I'm pretty excited now! I have no problem getting there early in the morning and queueing for hours (I draw the line at camping over night though!) Fingers crossed that will give me a good chance!

Susanne - lovely pictures! Looks like you had a very nice time.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
Thank you very much guys!! That gives me some hope and I'm pretty excited now! I have no problem getting there early in the morning and queueing for hours (I draw the line at camping over night though!) Fingers crossed that will give me a good chance!
Good luck! So long as you don't mind getting there early, you should have good chances.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 09-30-2014, 05:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Congrats Rae, Chloe and Vicky!!! So excited for you guys!!!

@ Heidi - sorry to hear about your dentist visit. Hopefully it will improve

@ Roxanne - your official ID card, how cool!

@ Susanne - beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing

A quick update from me:
Sorry I hadn't checked in often but was flat out trying to do as many touristy things as I could in a day I arrived home last week but spent almost 4 days just sleeping and relaxing (I was exhausted!) before going back to work yesterday. Missing being in the States, having withdrawals.....
Had the most AMAZING time though and it really was so awesome being able to attend a taping and meet up with friends from FF

Then to top things off, very happy to have just been able to watch the episode I saw the taping of S8 ep3
Old 09-30-2014, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If anyone wants some amusement for the day...I work 9:30-2 on Tuesdays, and about 9:40, one of the cooks slides up to me and whispers that my pants are ripped. So I run to the bathroom and he's right - four inch rip on the right pant leg right up by the hiney. The manager tells me I can go home, since I live far-ish away from campus, but I said I'd change and come back since I need the money.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
If anyone wants some amusement for the day...I work 9:30-2 on Tuesdays, and about 9:40, one of the cooks slides up to me and whispers that my pants are ripped. So I run to the bathroom and he's right - four inch rip on the right pant leg right up by the hiney. The manager tells me I can go home, since I live far-ish away from campus, but I said I'd change and come back since I need the money.
This is one of my personal nightmare scenarios. For some reason I'm deathly afraid that I will one day rip my pants while at work, and have to go home - on the subway - with some level of inappropriate exposure. Of course, I think if it ever actually happened, I might spring for a cab

~Heidi
Old 09-30-2014, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
This is one of my personal nightmare scenarios. For some reason I'm deathly afraid that I will one day rip my pants while at work, and have to go home - on the subway - with some level of inappropriate exposure. Of course, I think if it ever actually happened, I might spring for a cab
Biking home wasn't all that fun, but fortunately I didn't come across many people and sitting on the bike hid most of the rip - but actually exacerbated it so what started out as "I could fix this," is now quite clearly "I need new pants." Fortunately they were five years old and I have another, slightly newer pair at my apartment that I can change into. But if these rip, it'll be time for new black pants, which will really suck because I can't afford that right now.

Now when I got home, the other black pants were still damp from washing them yesterday, so I've got the hair dryer on them right now.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Biking home wasn't all that fun, but fortunately I didn't come across many people and sitting on the bike hid most of the rip - but actually exacerbated it so what started out as "I could fix this," is now quite clearly "I need new pants." Fortunately they were five years old and I have another, slightly newer pair at my apartment that I can change into. But if these rip, it'll be time for new black pants, which will really suck because I can't afford that right now.

Now when I got home, the other black pants were still damp from washing them yesterday, so I've got the hair dryer on them right now.
It just keeps getting better, doesn't it

~Heidi
Old 09-30-2014, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)

Susanne - lovely pictures! Looks like you had a very nice time.
One thing. They have lifted the parking garage rule. When we got there at 11:30 we parked in the garage.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know I haven't been posting much over the last few days. It's still gonna be 3-4 weeks before my meds are fully kicking in and this has just been a really rough week for me. But tomorrow evening I get to go to my parents' house for the weekend, and it's my Mama's birthday tomorrow, so hopefully that'll help me rejuvenate. Because I've really been struggle bussing this week.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hopefully things will get better soon, Nicole!

~Heidi
Old 10-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I know I haven't been posting much over the last few days. It's still gonna be 3-4 weeks before my meds are fully kicking in and this has just been a really rough week for me. But tomorrow evening I get to go to my parents' house for the weekend, and it's my Mama's birthday tomorrow, so hopefully that'll help me rejuvenate. Because I've really been struggle bussing this week.
I hope you feel better Nicole

~ Katie
Old 10-04-2014, 04:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamyLove (View Post)

[IMG].jpg[/IMG]

I picked up an extra copy of People with TBBT on the cover, and would like to give it away here, at my expense, no strings attached. If you wouldn't mind giving your address to a stranger on the internet, lol.

Just send me a pm. If more than one person is interested, I'll randomly pick a name. Let's say.... by Sunday at 5 pm, EST.
Congrats Captain Riterra! It's yours!

Sorry it took awhile for me to get back and post. Don't ya hate it when life gets in the way of TBBT??

I didn't even get to watch the season opener 2 weeks ago. I caught up online days later.

Sheldon Kissed Amy

~ Rosie
Old 10-04-2014, 07:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamyLove (View Post)
Congrats Captain Riterra! It's yours!

Sorry it took awhile for me to get back and post. Don't ya hate it when life gets in the way of TBBT??

I didn't even get to watch the season opener 2 weeks ago. I caught up online days later.
Oh my GOSH! Thank you! And welcome back.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm going to my high school reunion next week and my best friend is coming up. We'll be two out of three who were inseparable pals in high school and it got me thinking about how we were so much like Penny, Amy and Bernadette.

My friend who is coming is like Penny - not only is she tall and blond, but she's also the most girly and most popular of the 3 of us and she's all about makeup and fashion and such. My other friend (who can't come, unfortunately), is super short, like Bernie, but also good at science, although that's not the first thing anyone thinks when they look at her. She was also the most flirty one of the group as well as the most bossy. Then there's me - I'm the Amy of the group, the brainiac complete with glasses and a wardrobe that's more about comfort than style.

I just find it interesting to realize that 3 women (or girls as we were then) can be so completely different and yet become such great friends that 40 years later, we still squee crazily when we get a chance to get together.

Just goes to show that Big Bang is not so implausible, after all.

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread