Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2019, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Board (Re)Customization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website. As we want every board to have their own unique look it is preferable that you do not link to the customisations of other boards as suggested colour schemes.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Chelle, or Rora a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes approximately two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have finished making the graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Chelle, and Rora

i love you. ♡
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the offer

It feels like the last re-customization wasn't that long ago and I like what we have. But I wonder if we should insert the official good-bye photoshot
https://media.cbs8.com/assets/KFMB/i...e1_750x422.jpg

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:57 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm not sure how usable that picture would be unfortunately Would be nice to use that though...

We can always go with something similar to what you've got now if its liked . I have a feeling last time we went with similar colours too

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)

We can always go with something similar to what you've got now if its liked . I have a feeling last time we went with similar colours too
Roxanne has said to me she doesn't feel the board has a full TBBT feel without red somewhere on it, so maybe if we could incorporate a color similar to the softer reds like on my other board. Maybe some blues too, but like is said in the OP, maybe softer as opposed to vibrant. Roxanne will be able to give a better idea what she was thinking when she sees this. I'm happier with our current scheme than she is, I know that, though I definitely like the idea of changing it up some.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:53 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Yeah, the main thing I'd like to see is red incorporated somehow. (Because of how it's usually the accent color in the logo.) I'm on my phone right now, but later when I'm on my laptop I'll see if I can find any pictures to suggest.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:25 PM
Graphics Team Manager

So would you want to keep these colours but add red or change the colours more? Maybe instead of the greens & purples it was blues & reds? But keep the creamy/tan shades?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-12-2019, 09:37 PM
Graphics Team

I think the most usable recent picture (season 11) is probably this one.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:30 PM
Master Fan

IMO it should be a picture, in which all couples are together. Sheldon/Amy, Leonard/Penny, Howard/Bernadette.

Leonard: "Am I like the dryer sheets of your heart?"
Penny: "Better. You’re the lint trap of my love."
~Martin~
*luminous* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by *luminous* (View Post)
IMO it should be a picture, in which all couples are together. Sheldon/Amy, Leonard/Penny, Howard/Bernadette.
We're not using the picture as it is We can put the couples together if that's what you want

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:29 AM
Master Fan

I like the idea of having some red somewhere.
And the couples together.
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:33 AM
Graphics Team Manager

As Holly said, we cut out each picture individually, so the placement of the characters would be with the couples together (like you've got now) . tbh I kinda think the placement goes without saying & what you've got now for the placement is perfect for the show as it captures a few friendships & relationships. Now if only there was a way to put the girls together too, then it'd be perfect

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-13-2019, 02:55 AM
Master Fan

I wonder if we should add Young Sheldon to the board?

I'm not a big fan of this show, but it takes place in the same universe like TBBT and perhaps with the add of another (present) show this board would be more active in the future?

Just a thought

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:48 AM
Master Fan

There's a thread for YS, that's enough for me.
I don't think it's the same universe, it's a different show.
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:51 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't really see this board as being for both shows since you've just got the one thread. Unless this board is to become a board for YS (which is a different discussion) I think its better to leave it off. If you do later have more of an interest in YS & having threads for that show we can always come back & redo the banner to add YS in

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-13-2019, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
So would you want to keep these colours but add red or change the colours more? Maybe instead of the greens & purples it was blues & reds? But keep the creamy/tan shades?
I like that! And I like the idea of the couples together in the main graphic. Mayne have it go Amy Sheldon Leonard Penny Bernadette Howard with Raj on either end, so Leonard and Sheldon are next to each other and so are two of the girls, which obviously we can put Bernadette next to Amy too...though I suppose we also have to consider who is in the middle.

And I don't consider this also a Young Sheldon board nor do I want it to become one really.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread